Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sindhu T KambleYour feedback matters!
If my wife is pregnant 20 days and I do not want that child what should I do in that case? Is there any tablet or medicine that can cause abortion? If yes will you prescribe me that medicine.
My wife has been diagnosed Torch positive He had occurred abortion and second time dilatation and curettage He has rubella and cmv reactive He has taken all antiviral for 30 days Now she is safe for pregnancy bcoz past history of 2 time abortion Dr. told no specific treatment available for Ig g reactive to rubella and cmv Dr. told pregnancy can occur but it might be continue or not we can not say anything bcoz fetus do not developed after 2 month so requirement of abortion or curettage is last option So what your suggestions? In all female cases this can be happen or chance of full term normal delivery is noticeable?
i am female age 36 yrs. I had my second baby on June 6,2016. Unfortunately the baby died at the age of 6 months. I had cesarean baby and ligation was done to my tubes. Now I want to conceive again. How long I shud wait and wat are the right process to get pregnant again as naturally it can't happen.
I had sex on 2nd day of my period. I hv a cycle of around 34-36 days. Nd I have late periods. My last period was on 22 jan. Am I pregnant? I checked it on preganews in the morning but its negative. Then y my periods are not coming?
Is it safe if I do sex with unknown girl twice or thrice time with condom or any medicine during sex I want to stay for longtime.
Hi, My wife have seven month pregnancy. She is suffering nose bleeding from last one month. Pls suggest.
What is the normal size of ovary. I am pcod patient and my ovary size is right ovary 3.84 cm x 1.71 cm x 3.61 volume 12. 41 cc (approx), left ovary 4.51 cm x 1.74 cm x 3.68 cm volume 15. 12 cc. Is it too serious and ovaries also paining.
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I'm 27 years old female married. I'm trying for a baby. Till date delayed for 54 days checked pregnancy test on Thursday is positive with beta hcg count is 155. Checked beta hcg on Saturday is 46. No spotting found. Please let me know am I still pregnant. Is there any complications. Please reply asap.
I am 19 years old. Ftom last 2months not getting periods. Now itimitshe third month. What is the problem with. Is any thing wrong with me. please send me your suggestion be. Tell me what is my health condition? I do not understand my problem. And also want to reduce white heads on my nose. please tell me some tips.
Hi I am 36 year old, 5'7" height and 86 kgs weight, i put on weight after my second son delivery with c- section last year, i wanted to put down my weight at any cost, please help me out
I had sex with my girlfriend before 27 days. I used condom. But she didn't get her periods. Please advise.
My girlfriend's vagina is very tight. While sex is a lot of trouble to my penis. Penis to do to reduce the suffering.
A healthy, balanced diet is important for any person for leading a healthy life. However, it is quite likely for you to get bored with the same dietary pattern.
Here are some changes you can make to your regular healthy diet to make it more interesting.
Change your way of cutting: Cutting the vegetables for your salad in the same way using your chopping board makes your diet look boring. You can change the way you cut the vegetables to make it more exciting. You can try stick forms, grating and shaving techniques instead of regular chopping. You can also food-process the vegetables to change their texture.
Add your own ingredients to existing salad recipes: You may try adding cooked vegetables with raw vegetables, by chopping each vegetable into a different pattern. A simple change in the cutting technique and mixing some vegetables will make your meals more attractive.
Dressings, Dips and Sauces: Dips and sauces are one of the best ways to liven up your meals. You can add any kind of fresh dip, sauce or dressing to a vegetable meal. This would transform the entire taste of the meal. Mixing varieties of dips will enable you to create tastier and creamier dips, which can be used in many ways. Dips enable you to lead a healthy lifestyle along with tasty meals. Dips and sauces can be used as a salad topping or dressing, can be applied over hot vegetables and be used in various other forms. They also make the meal more bulky. Such dips can be prepared at home or can be bought from stores. You can carry them while you travel to enjoy extra tasty but healthy meals everywhere you go.
Try new food items: Experimenting with ingredients and introducing new foods in your diet add variety and cut the monotony. You should try ingredients which you never used before. There are lots of different fruits and vegetables in the market to choose from. You should visit different grocery stores, markets and gourmet stores in order to find new food items. Nowadays, a huge variety of fruits and vegetables is available.
Use Herbs and Spices: You can totally change the look of a meal by adding fresh herbs or spices. Using different herbs and spices enables you to change the taste of existing recipes. Herbs such as mint, coriander, basil, parsley and others can enhance your salad’s taste. Spices blend in all kinds of preparations to produce new taste and smell. Try different spices and herbs to get delightful results.
You can spice up your regular healthy meals in many different ways. This makes your meals tastier and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.