Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SindhuYour feedback matters!
My daughter is four and a half year old she is very weak coz she doesn't eat anything except milk. Her blood test result is found positive with gluten allergy in her body. But she doesn't eat anything at all. She feels bad smell in fruits nd doesn't eat fruit also, what should I do? please suggest me thanks.
My baby is 20 days old she is 2.5 kg now. When can I use diaper for her. She is wetting full body in night times and she becomes cold.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Hello sir, I had one doubt my kid is 4 month old we are started a cerelac rice 1st stage because mother feeding is not properly and my wife is started a course for feeding, actually in that pack starts at 6 is any problem.
My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of headache and drowsiness for the last 2 weeks. The neuro physician prescribed sibelium at 8 PM daily and Naxdom as SOS. She could not attend school for 2 weeks. Yesterday, she attended school after a gap of 2 weeks. When she returned, she was not having headache, but after some time the headache returned. Even after taking 2 tablets of Naxdom yesterday and one tablet of Dolo today morning, the headache is not going. Her MRI, CT scan, skull xray done last year were normal. When she was around 2 years old, her head was hit by centre table while she was playing. In the skull x ray, this mark was visible. But she was completely fine all these days. Suddenly, headache has gripped her during last 2 weeks. Please help.
My daughter (2.6 years old) is suffering from Urticaria for the last 2 and half months. She had been prescribed Cetrizine 3.5 ml once a day, Atarax 3.5 ml twice a day, Rantac 2 ml twice a day and Montair 4 Kid tablet once a day. All these medicines continued for one month. But still rashes coming out after the dosage has been finished. Kindly advise how to cure this.
My cousin (child) just only 22 days, it cry many times, I thought that it has a gas problem,, I hope you will understand better, what can I do??
Kawasaki disease is a rare condition that mainly affects children under the age of five. It's also known as mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome?
I am suffering from stomach infection since 1 week I am also having pain tell me what I can do any medicine.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
My 19 days old baby started coughing. But Sleeps well. Taking feed also. No nose block. Hop every thing is fine and need not worry?
My son whose age is 9 years. He is 26 kg in weight. I think he is under weight. He is quite fit. Please give me advice to increase his weight to look smart.
My daughter is 12 yrs. Old and usko bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Bahut se shampoos try kia lekin bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Abhi ketocon try kar raha hu lekin koi fayada nahi ho raha hai. Neem oil aur alpple cidar vinegar bhi use kia lekin koi fyada nahi hua. Usko rota hua dekh ke rona aa jaata hai. Please help.
Hi, M asking about my small baby boy he is 7 month old. He is crying too much as compare to daily .since last 1 week. Before that he was normal play and laughing but since last week he cry too much and not playing as before. He doing watery potty also. What was been happened. please suggest me any thing. Few old ppls told me teeth are coming in this age so he is crying. Can you please tell me is it right what should I do. I just giving him pinco gripe water. Nothing else and breastfeeding, biscuits little more.
My 34 month old baby, was potty trained and was diaper free since she was 27 months. Lately, she refuses to do potty in pot and holds it for 2-3-4 days and ultimately she does it in her pants. I thought it's cause of constipation hard potty and it might be hurting her. I started with prunes, apples, cantaloupe and other fruits. She took whole grain food, daal, curd, veggies and has water regularly. Goes to pee in the pot and says she wants to pee. But potty, until I catch her trying to do potty, like her facial expressions changes, she does not do it in pot. Her stool is not hard nor soft but it's of normal shape and consistency. Please suggest me how I can resolve this problem. Thank you!
Meri baby 3 years ki he uske liye weight chart and height chart bataiye .aur under weight rahega aur height kaa hogi to kya karna chahiye please send ans.
Chronic abdominal pain in children or recurrent abdominal pain is a multifactorial condition which may be the predominant clinical manifestation of a large number of NON ORGANIC DISORDERS, and rarely associated with ORGANIC DISEASE. The onset age is 4 to 6 years and ealy adolescence,with slight female predominance.
According to Rome Criteria.a symtom based diagnostic criteria,recurrent abdominal pain can be divided into 5. FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS, FUNCTIONAL ABDOMINAL PAIN SYNDROME,IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,FUNCTINAL DYSPEPSIA and ABDOMINAL MIGRAINE.
A successful treatment of FUNTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS may include modification of physical and psychological stress factors,medication and dietary manipulations.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA