Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sifa KhanYour feedback matters!
It is estimated that 25% of people with normal blood pressure and about 60% of those with high blood pressure are salt sensitive, which means that as salt intake goes up so does blood pressure.
'salt to taste' as it reads in most recipes.... At times far exceeds the sodium requirements of our bodies, resulting in water retention, stress on our kidneys and bloating up. Not to mention the fact that if you are salt-sensitive then you may be at a much higher risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Apart from the salt that you add to your food, do you know the amount of stealth salt you are exposed to? the papads, the pickles and the farsan that you eat have excessive salt and so does any other packaged food that you may be consuming on a regular basis. A good idea is to read the labels of what you are buying.
Let us help you identify the stealth salt in your food...
- Use less, or no, salt in cooking or preparing dishes like salads, sauces and dips.
- Remove the table salt and any salt seasoning - such as lemon, pepper, garlic and onion salts.
- You should set aside the masala sachets that come with instant noodles, readymade soups, sauces etc.
- Don't use ready-made salad dressings.
For additional flavour to your food, minus the excessive salt, keep a stock of fresh garlic, onion, ginger, parsley, coriander, and seasonings like, dry onion powder, dry mustard, nutmeg, black pepper and roasted cumin powder in your kitchen.
Remember: it's easier to cut down on sodium when you are on a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products.
Hello doctor. My last periods was on 12th feb, i have planned for baby from feb20-march 5, but i have not got periods still, i checked in pregnancy kit on march 21, it was negative, hence i gave beta HCG test yesterday and i have got the result as 16.51 MUI/ML. The report says for normal adults it should be 10 MUI/ML. Is my result positive or negative ? what i need to do next. Please suggest. Should i wait or have the tablet to get periods ?please help.
Hi, I usually have regular menstrual cycles. My last period was on 20th march then I had unprotected sex on 24th match after my period got over. I had to take emergency pills on 24th. Now suddenly I had bleeding on april 1st. Am bleeding on my mid cycle. I know its normal. But how long will it last? I was advice to take t. Trapicto stop bleeding. Can I take it? I do not want to mess more with my cycle. Will bleeding stop after taking trapic?
I am 36+ years old. For last 7/8 years, every time after completing my menstruation I have another round in 7-10 days time. It is not much but more like spotting. Need advice on this. Also for past 1 year, on the right groin area, I have itching which leads to scars, on putting vaseline it slowly removes, but comes back in 7-10 days. Tx for your advice and suggestions.
I am 6 months pregnant woman, there is a lots of swelling on my feet. What to do you? I daily dip in warm water for some time but still have lots of swelling.
While having sex if we cum inside from back is there any chance of getting pregnant? And taking I pill every month is OK to avoid pregnancy?
Here are some tips to manage PCOD
I am 28 years old. I got married at the age of 20 in 2008. First c section was done in 2009. I was 68 kg when married. After first c section iwas 75 after delivering. It was between 75-79. Then my second c section was in 2012 after this I was 83 -85. It was in that range.in between I got lowered to 79 but due to feeding. I also like sweets so now and then it got higher till 88-89. But it has gone to 91. I controlled by having chapaties but it was of temporarily. Agin after leaving this diet I use to increase. I am alse hereditary. From last six months I facing pain of plantar fascia. Getting treatment through anti inflammatory tabs. I also had triquilar and dicorate anx some relaxing pills This -92.in between I use to try to control.
During pregnancy, quite a few changes occur inside a woman's body. It is quite common for some of these changes to surface outside. Skin changes are quite common in pregnant women, and pinkish streaks on the stomach and a sudden glow on the face are commonly observed. Although not all women experience the same skin changes, there are some changes which are quite common during pregnancy. Some of them are:
1. Stretch Marks - Stretch marks are the most common and usual skin changes that occur during pregnancy. Nearly 90% of all pregnant women are likely to experience stretch marks. Stretch marks are the reddish streaks that run down the abdomen or breasts of a pregnant woman. Exercising and applying lotions rich in the vitamin can help in preventing such marks.
2. Mask of pregnancy - Melasma, commonly known as the mask of pregnancy, causes dark splotchy spots to appear on your face. Fluctuations in hormonal activities during those nine months can lead to an increase in pigmentation. These spots usually occur on the forehead and cheeks. Nearly 50% of all pregnant women encounter signs of melasma.
3. Pregnancy Glow - During pregnancy, the body produces 50% more blood; hence, there is a greater circulation of blood in the body, and the increased blood flow causes the face to appear brighter. The body also produces a lot of hormones that cause the glands to overwork, which renders the face shiny.
4. Acne - Hormonal fluctuations in the body can cause the oil glands to secrete more oil, which can cause a breakout. In case of pre-existing acne, the condition may heighten and, thus, get more inflamed.
5. Spider and Varicose veins - Increased blood circulation can cause minute, reddish blood vessels to protrude outwards. These veins usually appear on the face, neck, upper chest and arms. Varicose veins refer to the thick, bluish veins that appear on the legs. This happens because the body compensates for the extra blood that flows to your baby.
Have a light and early dinner for good sleep and fresh morning, lots of salad and vegetables and less chapati/rice.