Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sifa KhanYour feedback matters!
Do you or someone you know lash out in aggressive verbal and violent behavior at the slightest provocation? This could be a symptom of a behavioral disorder called Intermittent Explosive Disorder or IED. Intermittent Explosive Disorder is characterized by repeated, sudden bursts of anger which are disproportionate to the situation. These outbursts also have no discernable reason behind them. These outbursts can have a negative impact on your relationships, work and finances. If left untreated, this chronic condition can continue for years.
The exact cause for IED is unknown, but research shows that a number of environmental and biological factors play an important role in triggering such behavior. Genes may also play a role in triggering this behavior as such aggressive behavior is found to run in families. Children and teenagers are most commonly affected by this condition. Children who have been exposed to violent behavior in their early childhood years are more likely to exhibit such behavior as they grow older. There are various symptoms exhibited by the people suffering from other psychological disorders such as bipolar disorder, ADHD or antisocial personality disorder; some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Bursts of anger that last 30 minutes or less
- Chronic irritability
- Racing thoughts
- Tightness of the chest
- Tremors and tingling sensation
- Physical aggression
People suffering from this condition often feel relief or fatigue after such an episode. However, later they are filled with feelings of guilt and embarrassment. If such episodes occur repeatedly, it is best to consult a doctor. By conducting a thorough physical and psychological examination the doctor will be able to diagnose your condition and treat you accordingly.
There is no one set course of treatment that applies to all cases of this condition. Treatment usually involves medication and psychotherapy. Medication in these cases may include antidepressants and mood stabilizers. This medication should not be stopped unless your doctor advises this. Also do not use alcohol or any mood altering drugs along with it.
When it comes to psychotherapy, the patient may benefit from individual or group therapy. It aims to identify situations that trigger such behavior and teach the patient how to manage their anger. Practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and yoga can also help keep you calm. Psychotherapy also enhances the patient's ability to communicate with others and find alternate ways of getting out of a frustrating situation.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.