Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sifa KhanYour feedback matters!
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
So my girlfriend has umbilical sepsis and the doctor is requiring intensive surgery but she doesn't want to get surgery and always cancels the surgeons appointments is there any way I can give my consent and for her to be put under forced anesthesia because I don't know what to do.
5 dietary precautions to take during pregnancy
1. Avoid food cooked outside home.
2. Focus on foods rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins
3. Eat everything in moderation
4. You do not have to eat for two people. 300 calorie extra and above your diet is required by most from 4th month onwards.
5. Learn about your body, thin women need more calories while obese will have to restrict their diet.
Am 25 years old. My wedding was on Aug 2014. My periods are irregular. We stayed together only for 4 Months continuously (December 2015 to April 2016. On May 2016 I consult a gync n ultrasound scanning report shows that I have pcod. Dr. prescribed novelon tablets. I completed one cycle. Menses occurred June 30th . But due to headache n vomiting I consulted another Dr. She prescribed APCOD Sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate 5 days, duphaston after 15 days. My husband had a short vacation of 25 days. But no luck this time. Menses occurred August 1st. Hus vacation too over. And he is now in Saudi Arabia. On 5th day of menses I consult Dr. She again prescribed apcod sachets, ovabless, clomiphene citrate for 5 days on 5th day onwards , orovit active too. I will be there in Saudi Arabia after 3 months with my hus. Dr. told me to take these medicines for 2 to 3 months. And to consult before going to Saudi Arabia. Is this good to continue these tablets, any side effects. Is this correct way of treatment for pcod. Suggest diet for pcod. My weight is 51 kg. Height is 5 ft 2 inch.
I experience Burning sensation inside my vagina After having sex with my boy frnd. Frequent urination also common during that time. We use to have occasional intercourse and this burning was common earlier during hot summer days. Now is this because of summer days or due to sexual intercourse. Please help me to get rid off this. Thank you.
What are fine motor skills?
Motor skills are movements and actions carried out by the proper coordination of the brain, nervous system, and muscles working together. These motions are divided into two types – fine motor skills and gross motor skills. Acquiring and mastering motor skills or control helps you explore the world around you and also helps with your cognitive development.
- Gross motor skills: They are the movements and actions of the larger groups of muscles of the arms, legs and other body parts to see visible actions like running, swimming, crawling etc
- Fine motor skills or dexterity: They are the movements and actions of the larger groups of muscles of the wrists, hands, fingers, and the feet and toes to see visible actions like picking up objects between the thumb and finger, writing, etc
Fine motor skills will keep developing with your age, practice and the increased use of muscles. This happens while you are playing sports or playing an instrument. Activities like writing, coloring and using the computer also help in acquiring and mastering them.
Reasons behind fine motor skill issues
As all motor skills require proper coordination of the brain, nervous system, muscles, joints along with good eyesight; issues with any of them can have an effect on dexterity and decrease control. Some common causes affecting the fine motor skills are…
- Stroke: The frontal lobe controls your movement, and the cerebellum “fine-tunes” them. As the cerebellum controls fine motor movement, balance, and the brain's ability to determine limb position, a stroke in the cerebellum leads to paralysis or "jerky" muscle movements.
- Dyspraxia or DCD: This condition affects co-ordination of gross motor skills requiring balance, kicking and throwing a ball and fine motor skills too such as writing or using small objects carefully in children and adults.
Apart from stroke or DCD any major injury, illness, congenital deformities, cerebral palsy, and developmental disabilities can hamper the fine motor skills development too.
Occupational therapy for improving fine motor skills
All fine motor skills are imperative for your own self-care and maintaining self-dependence for the different activates carried out throughout your life, any dexterity issues can severely bring down your self-esteem and quality of life. Occupational therapy can help improve overall fine motor skills. It involves the use of particular activities as an aid to recuperation from physical or mental illness. An Occupational therapist can practice in different settings, like: hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools, outpatient clinics, and the assisted living communities too.
So, depending on how soon the fine motor skill issues are diagnosed and their severity one can approach the Occupational therapist for their improvement. He or she would then follow an assessment process allowing them to identify the nature of your difficulties with fine motor skills, and the reasons for them. Once identified, they work with you to put in place a plan to address them. Depending on each individual case the therapy would involve a practice of different movements on a regular basis to help you improve and master the fine motor skills.
Hello. I am 24 years old. I got my 1st period when I was 14 years old. And ever since there has been Some or the other problem with my periods. They wer irregular for almost 6-7 years. I used to get them once 2-3 months. I was a little over weight as well. However since last one year I started doing yoga. Walking and had a great healthy diet due to which without Any medicines my periods became super regular, in August 2015 I had a blood test to check vit D B12 and thyroid. Thyroid was negative. There was vitamin deficiency for which I took medicines. Again in Sept 2015 I had a blinding pain in my lower abdomen and went for a complete lower abdomen scan. The scan showed everything is normal. Uterus is normal. But the ovaries showed some cysts. The doctor said they are polycystic appearing ovaries. And after september for almost 9 months my periods were regular but they became scanty. Lasting only 3 days instead of 5 and less bleeding. Since the last 2 months (I left yoga) I started having the same problem again. My periods are irregular and I don't get them. I went to the gynecologist last month she told me I am still over weight by 5 kgs and pcos has only one treatment which is maintaining a healthy life style. She gave me a tablet and told me to take it if I don't get my period by the end of the month. I took the tablet. I did bleed but it was very very less. Just in 2 days and the blood was not red. I had brown discharge and brownish bleeding. This month again I don't get my period. It's really irritating now. I am otherwise very healthy. I don't take stress. I don't drink I never smoke then why is this happening? Also off late I have started to experience dryness and itching in vaginal area. Weakness in arms. Back pain and sometimes pain in my left breast which goes away on its own. I was going through the internet and found out that sometimes menopause is also the reason. I really feel I am also getting menopause at this age. Why else there would be so much problem in the functioning of my period cycle? So could any doctor confirm whether this is menopause? If yes what should I do? What is a permanent solution to this problem? It's really irritating now! Thank you.
After sex my gf feels like pee all the time. Also her periods lasted around 20 day. Is there any problem please advice some medicine and cure.
I'm a 21 year old and I am going to ibiza in about 2 weeks! I want to delay my period because it coincides with the day I leave. please let me know what medicine I should take and what dosage. I am not on any other pill or contraceptive! Thanks.
Kya Ek baar sex karne se bachha ho jata hai lady ke period ke 12to 16 ke beech mai sex karne se plzzz sir tell me aisa ho sakta hai yaa nhi.
Today suddenly I am suffering from vagina pain. What is the reason behind this? How can I get rid off from this. Please reply.
Hello. I am going on vacation for a week from 3-10th December and it would include water activities as well. My period comes in first week of every month, not sure about the date as it keeps changing. Can you suggest a medicine which can delay periods by a week .and when should it be taken.
Hi, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 59. In 2012. She had mastectomy for her left breast. Her tumor size was 2*2*1.5. 15 lymph nodes were dissected. They were free of tumor. Her deep resection plane is also free of tumor. Her er n PR were positive n her was neg. She did not receive any radiation n chemo. Instead she was asked to have letrozole for 5 yrs. I want to know her prognosis.
Dear Dr, We are trying for pregnancy so this month my wife crossed 18 day past ovulation and usually she l get period maximum 16 day past ovulation. Bec this time as Dr. prescribed so she s taking sustain 200mg from 2 day after ovulation to till date (14 tab). My question is now she skipped date it s because of sustain tab or pregnancy? please clarify me.
There is a friend of mine who is suffering from leucohorrea and recently she has seen some blackness on the sides of her vagina. She is worried as to what it is and wants treatment which can remove that and reduce leucohorrea?
My periods have got delayed by three days. I too feel very tired suddenly I'm facing back pain, constipation, gas and also problem in sleeping. Is it possible that I would be pregnant. If so when shall I could do home pregnancy test. Someone please suggest me.
What is the accuracy to test with pregnancy kit? Does it show perfect result if we do test it in early morning?
Here is Post Prophylaxis of Hiv Drugs
Oh Hi! I’m Dr. Vinod Rena today we are going to talk about PEP drugs.
What is PEP? It is posted prophylaxis of HIV drugs if a patient had sexual intercourse with some prostitute, with some sex worker, some unknown lady, some transsexual or with some homosexual and if in this case the condom gets busted then the patient is exposed to the death content of HIV. We can nowadays start the medication within 72 hours of the direct contact and we can save the life of the patient. These drugs are called PEP or prophylactic HIV drugs which can be taken within 72 hours of the direct contact. HIV drugs and which can be started within 72 hours of the direct contact.
These drugs contain 3 to 4 anti-HIV drugs and moreover, we shall give more drugs for example if there is liver toxicity we can give drugs to stop it. If there is some problem with the liver we can give drugs to stop that and moreover we can work on the immune system. We can give pre and probiotics if we are starting these drugs on time definitely we are going to protect this patient from HIV.
If you want to connect me you can log on lybrate.com/Dr. Vinod Rena or you can visit my clinic in Sabhderjung Enclave or you can just write me or you can have an online consultation on the platform of Lybrate. Thanks.