Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha GavaskarYour feedback matters!
Hi sir my question is that.. My father are facing a problem regarding to right hand problem. Right hand any moment are pain all they day at any time.. They are also facing diabetes. So please solution.
A CT Scan had been taken for my son to diagnose cause for continuous pain. Now he is ok. Is any harm for CT Scan act.
Hi I have cholesterol swellings on my body can please give me an option or solution to resolve this issue if i touch am getting pain if not I don't have any problems with this.
Hi. I have fever from last three days. And cold too. And having body pain with that. What should I do?
I have tell the about full body pain. And this problem increasing day by day. I have gone through many treatments but not relief please tell the solution?
I am 47+ male started having acute pain in right elbow since 5-6 months. To share with you more during the day I don't feel much. But when I get up in the morning I feel acute pain. Please advise.
I am a 34 year old female and suffer from a lot of body and nerve pains for reasons unknown. Sometimes the pains are very sharp and get unbearable, other times the pain persists and whenever a body part is even lightly touched, it pains. Especially my hands, wrists, legs and back.
I am suffering from fever and sometimes I had headache. I also have a body pain. Can you suggest me what should I do?
After a day of work , there is a bit of body ache at night (specifically legs) , it gets better the next morning but then there is laziness throughout the day, how to overcome this body ache ?
I 29 years old female I have 5 month old son,after delivery my all hair is lost and body filling pain and aches maximum head pain??
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.