Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Siddharth V MehtaYour feedback matters!
What causes watery eyes? Is it necessary to have the eyes operated to get over the problem resolved or can one put eye drops to over come the same. In case yes, then which eye drops?
I have dryness in my eyes and after studying for two-three hours things are blurred. I have consulted a doctor. And he told me that I have cylindrical in one eye he recommended me we exercise? So I want to ask does it will work or I should get a glasses and does really exercise helps in cylindrical vision problems?
I have red eyes for one month and headache from two months and stomach ache from five days what to do please help me.
Hello doctor. I am 29 years old. And I'HV got eye operation (flex scan) last year (23/03/2015). N I HV put eye drops as suggested by doctor for 3 months n after that due to eye pain I took antibiotics capsules n eye drops. But after that they hv suggested me not to put any eye drops in my eyes n no need to splash water into eyes. But on Lybrate I have seen an article in which you have given tips to protest eyes n in that thr is mentioned that splash water in eyes then should I do this. Sometimes I feel itching n don't feel normal (left eye). Whenever I use mobile n watch TV or do any work I feel pain. Even sometimes due to work I have to go outside in dust or bale. N eyes catch dust n dis creates problem. Now tell me what should I do in this situation. Kindly gv me solution.
I am 19 years old. My eyes is week and my no is -2.75 and -3.00 for other eye. I want to do laser treatment so can you tell me doctor is it safe or not. Or cost also in New delhi NCR. And tell me special hospital or surgeon.
Sir I am 40 years old. The area around my eye is very dark as compared to completion of rest of the face. Pls tell any eye cream for that.
Meri aankho mai se lagatar pani aata hai aur meri left aank mai TGT ho gai thi tab se mujhe ek aankh se double diktha hai.
Two years ago I had accident and damage my eye doctors says that your right eye is totally damaged and you will not able to see forever I want to know that will I able to see.
Hi. My mother is diabetic ,and her blood sugar level is mostly high. Her vision is getting poor. What can be done as to maintain both her blood sugar level and healthy eyesight?
I have a itching in eyes and they are most of time red and also they are watery when wind blows also they are also prone to irritation.
Near his eyes it has become very black I think by watching TV a lot and in front of system he will be a lot. So that black spots should go means what shud he dooo?
I have a small injury under my left eye because of a bamboo stick, it was an accident, my cheek got swollen and the skin around my eye became violet in colour, how to get rid of the swelling and the clot immediately?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.