Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My tooth always hurts after eating sugar. What shall I do. Are there any home remedies or I should remove it by going to a dentist?
My teeth are gradually turning into yellow colour, my friend suggested me to undergo bleaching treatment What is bleaching, is it safe and how much it costs around.
Recently I had a tooth removed, Dr. Stitched the area of the removed tooth. It's still painful. Any helpful tips.
this is mastan nallavula, i am suffering from teeth problem... one teeth is damaged so please suggested any toothpaste and mediation .
I have been smoking hookah from 2month. Now I'm getting bad taste on tongue and getting yellow whitish coating on it. How do I remove the yellow whitish coated from my tongue.
Dear sir Day by day my teeth having filled by the blood. Whenever I brush. It shows daily. What I do sir?
My gums otherwise appear to be Okay. They do not bleed on brushing or eating solid hard substances. But when I get up in the morning, I find saliva type fluid is collected in my mouth, which appear to be slightly pale in colour. I suspect it to be some type of discharge from my gums. I have got myself checked from PGI Chandigarh. They say my gums are healthy. Please suggest me appropriate lab tests to diagnose the problem. I shall be highly obliged.
Hyperdontia is an oral condition where people may have an overcrowding of teeth in their mouths due to the growth of extra teeth which are known as supernumerary teeth, in dental terms. This problem may hit people of any gender, background and medical history. This is caused when an extra tooth bud is found in the tissue from which the teeth typically grow. The most common cases are those that affect children who are already suffering from Down's Syndrome.
This article will tell you all about coping with and correcting the issue:
- Problems Experienced: Let us first understand the various problems that a patient may experience. To begin with, there may difficulty when it comes to eating and chewing as too many teeth will make this task cumbersome. Also, this condition may prevent the normal teeth eruption process. Further, these teeth may fuse with the permanent teeth in the mouth of the patient. And finally, all this can also lead to the formation of a cyst or tumour.
- Check Ups and Diagnosis: In order to treat this problem, the dentist will first of all conduct a thorough check up of the mouth of the patient and try to find the exact cause of the ailment. This will also be done with the help of lab tests based on blood samples as well as a dental X-ray. Further, the most important thing that the dentist will try to check is whether or not the supernumerary teeth are affecting the growth of the permanent teeth, in any way.
- Tooth Extraction: Once the dentist has had a look at the problem, he or she will be in a better position to take a call regarding whether or not the supernumerary teeth need to be removed. In most cases, these teeth will not be removed unless the said tooth is loose, which in turn can present the risk of choking by passing into the lungs. If tooth extraction has been decided upon, then the orthodontist or the dentist will do so by administering local anaesthesia first. Depending on the severity of the condition, the tooth may have to be cut and removed in pieces while the doctor has to ensure that there is enough space left for the permanent teeth to grow and find a place for themselves.
- Alignment: After the process of extraction is done, the dentist has to ensure that there is proper alignment of the teeth with the help of proper orthodontic methods for the remaining teeth to grow in a proper manner. Endodontic treatment will be used for fused treat in order to work on the tooth pulp and tissue in the surrounding area.
Smoking or consuming smokeless tobacco is very harmful for your teeth. It can lead to various oral diseases like oral cancer, gingivitis, periodontitis and tooth decay.
What is yeaat infection in tongue. I found so many yellowish gum on my tongue after I had tea .but then brushed my teeth and swiped my tongue with brush .then the full gum like thing went .is it a yeast infection or just tea particles on my tongue?
7 years back I hurt my front tooth. 3 years back I dropped my mobile phone on the gums of the same tooth. Slowly the tooth color changed. One month back pain started in the root of the same tooth. I've taken an x-ray, the abscess appear to be spreading to the root of next tooth. Can this be treated without disturbing the shape of my tooth from outside?
At the age of 23 or 24 for girl the teeth straightening (Braces) is possible? It is effective or the teeth will be straight after completing treatment? How many months needed to complete treatment?
Malocclusion refers to the general arrangement of teeth and the manner in which the lower and upper sets of teeth fit. In optimal conditions, the upper set of teeth should fit slightly over the lower set of teeth. Malocclusion is a condition wherein the teeth are improperly aligned. Often, malocclusion tends to be a hereditary condition. The symptoms that indicate the occurrence of malocclusion include:
Abnormal teeth alignment.
Irregular facial appearance.
Discomfort or difficulty during chewing or biting.
Mouth breathing (breathing using the mouth instead of the nose).
Malocclusion and Oral Health-
Malocclusion, also known as bad bite, is capable of affecting your overall oral health. This is because crowded and crooked teeth tend to hinder the proper cleaning of the mouth. This leads to tooth decay, gum diseases and even tooth loss.
Malocclusion has a negative impact on the maintenance of oral health. Studies showed individuals without malocclusion were able to maintain a better oral hygiene in comparison to those with the condition.
The improper alignment of teeth makes it rather difficult for the brush to reach in certain parts of the teeth thereby failing to remove bacteria and germs from particular areas for an extended period of time. This results in bad breath.
It also makes flossing difficult and it creates hindrance in the way of maintaining proper oral hygiene.
The improper adjustment of teeth leads to gum decay owing to the faulty cleaning. It promotes the growth of harmful bacteria that leads to weakening of tooth and gums.
- Owing to the misalignment of teeth, chewing becomes difficult. This often goes to hamper and mar the way one speaks as well. Malocclusion also results in wearing off of the tooth enamel. This the teeth to appear yellow due to the inability of the brush to reach every place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.