Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Siddharath A. ShethYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Sometimes I get pain on my chest in middle side or right side for few minutes only. What should I do.?
- A proper diet is very essential to ensure heart health.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Vegetable soups and salads are a good way to include vegetables in your diet. When you feel the urge to snack, choose a piece of fruit or sticks of broccoli, radish, and carrots. A dessert of stewed fruits is also delicious but nutritious. Add chopped fruits in your yogurt.
- Cut down on fats. Saturated fats are the enemies of the heart. Stay away from fried stuff, especially deep fried foods. Switch to fat-free or fewer fats methods. Bake, roast, grill, boil, steam or poach.
- Use a non-stick pan for frying and use a healthy oil like olive oil. If the food is too dry, add moisture by adding a little fresh lemon juice which will also help to enhance the flavor.
- Change over to low fat foods. Switch over to skimmed milk instead of whole milk. Go for low-fat yogurts, cheeses, and spreads.
- Avoid red meat which has a higher fat content. Switch to skinless chicken. Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are good fat. Try and include fish in your diet, once or twice a week.
- Include plenty of fiber in your diet. Fiber helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Reduce your consumption of sugar. Cakes, cookies and candies which contain too many calories lead to obesity. This increases your chances of heart disease.
- Cut down your consumption of alcohol.
I sometimes feel palpitations anytime of the day. It's very severe when it happens. What should I do?
Hi my name is shani Gupta I am 29 years old from yesterday I feel low pressure ,unable to walk suddenly feel to eat some sweets and went at least 6 times bathroom today almost same situation please suggest me what I will do and I wanted to ask there is any yoga that will eliminate in future risk.
Can you please tell me if a weak heart can be strengthen with medicines? If yes then please prescribe because my father's heart is weak as reported in ECG and 2D Echo test.
Dear sir/ madam I am suffering from sever chest pain. It's common during menses but from last too moths the pain continuing after menses. In fact I am unable to move my breast at all. I constant a doctor she gave a evion tablets and acep tablets after using tablets pain is relief but after complete my course again my pain is starting sirPlease give some suggestions.
I am VSD patient, I have to go for operation (open surgery. After surgery can I go to gym, how many months I have to take rest.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain Whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hlo doctor. I am smoking for 7 months. Now a days when I smoke my upper chest is paining. Can you please tell me what it is nd suggest me a remedial measure.
Last 3 months I am feeling discomfort in liver side, after endoscopy feeling like this, but the report is normal, ECG is normal ultrasonic scan reports are normal but discomfort besides chest catch also, after drinking Luke warm water feeling ok, it is affecting my job also do the needful doctor.
Hiee! My dad suffered from pulmonary edema on the 10th of March. Though he is fine now but looks weak. Needed to know if I can take him to USA in the month of may - beginning. As it is a 17 + flight. Needed to know if its safe to take. Also he has cardiac history - bypass.
I am 24 years old. I do not have any heart problem. I am fit. But than also my pulse rate remains alwz high approx 100-115 bpm. Due to this reason I am rejected in medical also. I have gone through ecg and tmt test also. My heart is all gud, ecg report is also gud. Only the issue is high bpm. What is the reason behind this? N what should I do to control it.
How to normalise blood pressure to normal rate when it decreases down, Also name some health diet taken to improve blood pressure?
I am suffering from high blood pressure. I am taking Amloz 5 but it is not better after taking the medicine. Please help me to improve my blood pressure.
My father has been diagnosed with swelling of the liver and calculus in the gall bladder. Kindly advise he is 72 years old and has high blood pressure.
Hello I have a query my mom has a light chest pain. What is the reason & medicine? What is the process to solve this problem?
I am 62 years male having heart problem. Using Embetta XR-50, Cardio Plus and Monit tabs as per the advise of consultant doctor. I am facing uneasiness and feel chest pain while I walk for a distance of about � km. If I stop for a while and continue further there is no problem, but the uneasiness and chest pain and pains on both shoulders exists. Pl. Suggest what are the tablets I should take and also the quantity etc.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
The heart is a muscle that pumps blood to the body through a network of arteries and veins controlled by valves. A heart disease could mean a problem in any of these organs, heart per se, the blood vessels, or the valves. Like it or not, heart problem is a chronic condition. It starts without any notice, and for sure, it is not going to go away completely. What can be done, though, is to manage it beautifully and lives and enjoy life so that the heart disease is not stopping you.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.