Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
What is pneumothorax lung disease? I can't understand. And what is the reason of this disease. Please help me.
How can I make 100% sure that I have TB. All doctor says I have TB from just checking my xray. Is taking medicine for 2 months kills TB germs? I'm taking Pyzina 500 Combutol 800 and Macox plus.
Sir, sometimes I found my cough mixed with blood but this is happened only once in four or five months. And recently I have seen the cough is mixed with a black colour and it appears almost in black colour. And for the rest of one minute the black coloured cough came from the nose. Can you say why does this happen?
I am 27 years female and had a c-section delivery in june 2015 since after my delivery I have dry cough from last 4 months I had taken a chest xray in july it was normal. what should I do.
I have sinus and some kind of fluid like cough is coming in my mouth in very short intervals and uneasy throat. Blocked nose while sleeping. Please help.
I don't know if I am allergic to something. I am suffering from kinda dry cough from past 6 months. I have tried natural remedies and consulted couple of doctors but still I have the same problem. I want some advise from the doctors if I have to consult a good ent specialist. I feel something is itchy in my throat.
I have a problem synosytis and also sperm is going. Here synosytis problem with cold and allergy and sperm is going in urin that problem is with heating then how can we get solution. With these problems. I am male, my age is 30.
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious and potentially fatal disease which primarily affects the lungs. It is highly contagious and can infect other people via the tiny water droplets released by an infected person while coughing or sneezing. Some strains of this disease have the potential to resist drugs, which are commonly used to cure tuberculosis.
Read more to find all about the different causes, symptoms, preventive measures and the treatment of tuberculosis:
- Symptoms: Tuberculosis, also known as TB, can be both latent and active. In latent condition TB is not contagious and it does not harm the infected person. But latent TB can change to an active form so treating it in its latent condition is highly advisable. Active TB can be diagnosed due to the prevalence of certain symptoms such as a cough, which lasts for more than 3 weeks, coughing up of blood, unintentional weight loss, chills, chest pain, loss of appetite and fever. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs, but can also affect your kidneys, brain and spinal cord.
- Causes: Tuberculosis in general is caused by infection. It spreads from person to person by ultra-small droplets, which an infected person releases while coughing or sneezing. Tuberculosis is highly contagious but it is not very easy to catch TB as the immune system of your body fights it off. Also if a patient of TB is under treatment, the person 's disease is no more contagious.
- Risk factors: Potentially everyone can be infected with TB but certain factors increase the chances of infection such as a weakened immune system, living in or travelling to certain areas and substance abuse. TB can also cause complications such as spinal and joint damage, liver or kidney problems and heart disorders.
- Treatment: Administering medical drugs is the most convenient way of treating TB. But TB is more persistent than normal bacterial infections and utmost care and caution must be taken to treat it. Completion of treatment is highly essential to fully cure TB. Some of the side effects of TB medication include loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, dark urine and jaundice.
Sir actually I got sinus problem from 2 years nothing can cure me can you please suggest some medicine and things which I should avoid it.
I have cough for last 18 days. After every meal I vomit water and whole food. Is it symptom of tuboclosis. My lungs feel heavier than usual.
Sir, actually my hometown is AP and I came to bangalore for studies I met a doctor in AP Because I can not breathe properly when I went to him he said that I have allergic bronchitis I used medicine for only 2 weeks what should I do now I am in bangalore.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.