Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam S LullaYour feedback matters!
I wanna forget my loved one. I am 26 years old. I am feeling horrible with his memories. The thoughts disturbing me. No sleep. Continues cry.Please tell.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
Hi, I'm a acute transient psychosis patient diagnosed at the age of 14. Initially my dosage was very high now im 25 years old consuming 500 mg Divalporate and 50 mg Quitapin plain. Im good when I do not have any relapses and very effective. I completed B. Tech Mechanical with 60 % and got placed in a company as well. Right now im doing software courses. I have few questions: 1 .When I will get rid of my medicine? 2. With these dosage if I can act like a average person so I wonder if im not consuming these medicines I will be more effective with work as well as studies but my relapse will happen in a year or sometime after 2 years. So, is there any alternative for these medicines? 3. I visited many doctors, some say you are suffering from psychosis disorder, some say bipolar or schizophrenia, some say sleeping problems. Why this many doubts in my case. So, what exactly im suffering from? Though I consumed many dosages initially but when I was reviewed with a doctor (Psychiatrist) He advised me the doctors are giving high dosage it can be reduced to minimum. Since then im in contact with that doctor and that is how my dosage is reduced but I want to know whether it can reduced or is there any need of these medicines. I suffer from relapses in a year, sometime 2 years. I will appreciate if any psychiatrist clears my doubts. Thank you.
Hello sir. I am very frustrated about my life, I am 29 years old male can't achieved anything in my life. Due to fear, anxiety and shyness. I am b. Tech graduate in 2015. But still jobless due to these bad things. When I target some goal but after some time surrounding by other and fail. Due to laziness. Never be conscious. About my life. Due to laziness and anxiety. Going in past and spoil my life.
I am 26 years old male. At this stage my hairs are turning into white and beard hairs are also turning white. Suggest me some solutions. I often drink nd smoke too.
Dear I was suffering from intense cold, which made me to worry a lot, due to which I suffered from headache for almost 20 days, later my physician suggested me to take thyroid test which was negative, including x ray of chest and skull. Nothing seems to be seen, except slight frontal sinus. Later after checking my pulse rate, he told me that you are suffering from anxiety, so please do take medicine such as seblium 0.5 mg and anxit 0.25 mg for a course 1 month. Later I visited after 1 month he told that let as withdraw the medicine by reducing the days, 20 days, late rhe suggested me to visit psychiatrist Dr. in lakeside hospital, he told me to stop seblium and anxit he recommended to take indral censipram and clonitrol 0.25 1/4 thrice and censipram only in morning indral 1/4 morning and afternoon for 14 days, later he prescribed betacap 40 mg censipram clonitrol for 4 weeks afterwards he doubled it for 8 weeks now. My question is whether the medicines are correct, sometime I hear audio hallucinations like some one shouting conversing loudly that to when I travel. Whether it is tinnitus, I do have eye floaters and flashes, I rarely see some kind flashes and immediately it vanishes. What is happening to me I do no, sometime I think that I am going become maniac or mad. When these anxiety and stress issues come down how to determine, whether I have to take any mri scan to know root cause. How to determine that anxiety is stopped. Because this is not a disease disorder or I should go for second opinion, I do have palpitations (irregular heart beats. Please do help me what I have to do. Regards.
Hi! I am 20 years old and last some times, I am in depression because of more load on mind. So, what can I do thereby I reduce my load on my mind?
I am 23 years old. My problem is hair loss on the right part of my scalp. I am applying castor oil (non medicinal). Sleeplessness, anxiety, lack of concentration, feeling tight chest, shoulders and at neck parts and in breathing also.
Sir I am 23 year old male and I am suffering from pain on all over the body mainly on back from very long time approx 5-6 years. My ESR count is very high. It is 53 and lymphocytes value is low, it is 13%. Pls suggest me what we do.
Am married in 2014 and am having a situation wherein my husband has on and off rare sex with me. He us having a mindset that my parents told lies so he is punishing me am really waxed of talking about this topic to my husband and his family. Normal behavior also fluctuate from his end. How can I handle am crying and feeling like to move out of this relationship. Please help.
I am unable to concentrate on my studies as my exams are near when I use to study my attention goes some where else please help me.
This is for my 15 years old nephew. He has anxiety problem. Of late, he went to himachal where he was 95% normal. He had only time fixation ie particular work to be done at a particular time. He ate well and loved to have a bath. But he wanted to stay there and not come back to Mumbai. He wanted to stay in Hotels and enjoy himself. His mother forcibly brought him back ultimately. Now he does not eat well, and not had bath since the last 3 months. He eats only Once a day. And he says he will only eat and have bath once he is out of Mumbai. He speaks in code language with his mother saying that he feels scared if she speaks in normal language. But he speaks in normal language ie English and hinder with outsiders. He refuses to open his eyes at home saying he feels scared but opens his eyes once he is out in The restaurant. He is paranoid about home and the areas around. How he is going to behave at a particular place ie home is pre planned by him. Eg: closing eyes, not letting others speak at home etc. We have a cordial home environment and this boy is the only child in the house. Thus pampered. Kindly let us know. We are worried.
"hba2 to rule out thalassemia trait" what does this mean .this line is mentioned in my bother's blood report. My bro is 31 years old. He is mentally retarded. I simply went for a blood report to know his medical condition. Now what does this mean?
Hi. I just got back on citalopram after switching to Escitalopram on Dec 8 of last year. I was on Citalopram for many years for anxiety and I was pretty much stable with bouts of anxiety here and there but was always able to bounce back. I experienced a very anxious event in early Dec which.
I'm27 years my fiance 22 years we loved past 8 month and going to marry next year but starting from we fight each other always she can't able full fill my expectations. I'm totally stressed. Is there any solution.
Isolation and loneliness make depression even worse, so maintaining your close relationships and social activities are important.
1. Turn to trusted friends and family members.
2. Try to keep up with social activities even if you don't like it.
3. Join a support group for depression.
Take care of yourself
In order to overcome depression, you have to take care of yourselfs. This includes-
1. Aim for 8 hours of sleep.
2. Expose yourself more to sunlight everyday.
3. Keep stress in check.
4. Practice relaxation techniques.
Challenge negative thinking
Negative thinking leads to dangerous consequences like self harm and low confidence. Ways to challenge negative thinking:
1. Think outside yourself.
2. Socialize with positive people.
Get regular exercise.
When you are depressed, exercising may be the last thing you feel like doing. But exercise us a powerful tool for dealing with depression:
1. Take the stairs rather the elevator.
2. Park your car in the farthest spot in the lot.
3. Do some gardening.
4. Pair up with an exercise partner.
5. Walk while you're talking on the phone.
Aim for a balanced diet of low fat protein, complex carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables.
1. Don't skip meals.
2. Minimize sugar and refined carbs.
3. Focus on complex carbohydrates like lentils, skimmed milk.
4. Boost your b vitamins like whole grains, potatoes, bananas, lentils.
5. Try super foods such as bananas.
6. Alcohol/ tobacco acts as a depressant on the brain. If you drink too much or too often, you are more likely to become depressed.