Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam Mithiya
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam MithiyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from erectile dysfunction like this. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. My boss referred me this Shyam Mithiya. I had lost hope, but the erectile dysfunction given by Shyam Mithiya has helped me regain my confidence. The lab in the drShyam Mithiya's Psychiatry & Sex Clinic was very clean and well managed. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I was suffering from hiv aids for which I consulted Dr Shyam.Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Thanks to him for the treatment.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Shyam Mithiya. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Shyam Mithiya is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my nightfall. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. It was amazing, the DrShyam Mithiya's Clinic was so nicely made. Overall nightfall treatment was very effective.
I was in so much stress due to my problem of low sperm count. The DrShyam Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Shyam Mithiya to anyone gladly. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I am so much benefitted with his treatment for premature ejacuation, that I am perfectly fine now. Whatever tests Dr Shyam Mithiya prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Hygiene is very important, and I must DrShyam's Clinic was extremely clean. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm.
I was shocked to experience the masturbation addiction.My boss referred me Dr Shyam. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my masturbation addiction. Both Shyam Mithiya and staff were very helpful. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Shyam for the perfect advice.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems . But I am so happy that I chose Dr Shyam for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was in search of a well experienced sexologist, as somene referred Dr Shyam. The tight foreskin treatment given by him was very effective. I owe him a big thank for the best suitable treatment he gave.
Dr Shyam is a sexology specialist. I consulted him for my small penis treatment. His guidance and prescription has helped me immensly. I owe him abig thank for the treatment he offered.
Have had a very pleasant experience...one of the most talented docs...would recommend anyone n evryone to visit him. One word to decribe the doc is Problem solver
I'd recoverd from depression. Best psychiatrist in Mumbai. I recomment to those who are in depression.
He was patient in listening our problems and gave us confidence that treatment would work
Honeymoon impotence is quite common in orthodox societies where pre-marriage sex is considered more or less a taboo. It is a common scene in such areas where newlyweds arrive at a sexologist’s cabin, complaining about their inability to perform sexual intercourse on their first night. The idea of First time sex itself gives goosebumps to most men and women. All the anxieties and worries can lead to either male’s erection droop or female’s vaginal contraction.
Reason behind Honeymoon Impotence
In most of the cases, ignorance and lack of awareness form the basic reason behind honeymoon erectile dysfunction. Especially in societies where sex education is not that common, it is likely that men and women are even unaware of common sexual positions. Family pressure, fear of displeasing the newlywed partner may get so overpowering that it may lead to erectile droop among men. Failure at the first instance may also create psychological pressure on the couple and as a result may lead to a series of impotence. The more the man is frantic to perform, the more are the chances that his erection shrivels. Similarly, the woman can also suffer from vaginismus. This is a condition in which out of anxiety and fear, the vagina of a female contracts so much that the penis can’t penetrate. All such scenes must be handled with patience and by consulting a sexologist before the things start getting worse.
- Education is bliss: The first and the foremost remedy is educating oneself about male and female genital parts, normal sex positions which are easy to carry out etc. A brief illustration with the help of any video before performing actual sex may prove quite fruitful.
- Mutual Stimulation: It is not advisable to get obsessed only at penetrating the penis inside women’s vagina. The newlywed should first prefer to get comfortable with each other while making love. Try to find pleasure in the sexual act rather than ruining things by getting anxious at the inability to penetrate at the first instant. The couple can also try masturbating each other. The male can make the female genital parts familiar to his penis by bringing it near to vagina. Some sexologists even advise to make use of sex toys like vibrator so that female vagina can get used to of infusing penis in it. Even some prescribed erection enhancing medicines can solve your case.
- Master your Brain: In most of the cases, it is the brain that plays the trick. So it is better not to hesitate. Share all your anxieties and worries with your partner. Get comfortable with each other and do not let the psychological factors to control your sexual act.
Patience is definitely a deciding factor. Give time and open up with your partner and this will help in abating all your fears.
Many of the issues, which hanper your intimate life are primarily not big problems, but because of the taboos and social beliefs they are not discussed openly. Hence, they failed to get resolved and become big because of continuous worry they give. In fact, most of them are not even symptoms of any organic disease process or functional problem. Many of them are very basic issues because of ignorance, myths, and social taboos leading to development of anxieties, distress and further worsening of the problem in question.
Generally, men are concerned about their performance in bed with their partners (wife or girlfriend), like how best then can do, how long they will last, concerns about their masturbation habits, size of penis, sperm quality and many more.
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is one of them. Not a disease; Not at all..!!
The person even if he is sexually fit, having normal erections, but due to anxiety, just fails to hold back the orgasm/discharge for reasonable time, and becomes worried. We need to reassure, it is not a disease and it can be easily manageable.
We will discuss this topic in Four parts a) what is it , b) how it happens, and c) how to approach to resolve this problem with behavioral methods, exercises, techniques and d) Medical Treatment - both modern as well as alternative medicine.
Part 1: What is Premature Ejaculation (PE)? Definitions and how commonly it occurs.
PE is also referred to as early or rapid ejaculation or discharge is a sexual dysfunction, most common in men under 40 years. In elderly men above 60 years, though erectile dysfunction is more common, but they do suffer from PE as well. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups.
If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen ) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from premature ejaculation. Mayo clinic in USA defines PE as, when a man “always or nearly always ejaculates within one minute of penetration”.
An occasional instance of premature ejaculation might not be a cause of concern, but, an abnormal pattern usually exists if the problem occurs in more than 50% of attempted sexual encounters, for which treatment may be required.
Premature ejaculation happens with negligible sexual stimulation or before you wish to ejaculate. As a consequence, both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can dramatically increase anxiety, which may worsen the problem.
Many therapists or clinicians who treat PE describe it as the occurrence of ejaculation sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. This broad definition thus avoids specifying a precise “normal” duration for sexual activity and reaching a climax. The duration of sexual activity varies and depends on many factors specific to each individual.
Take a situation, a male may reach orgasm after 7 to 8 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner is able to achieve climax most of the times in 5 minutes and both are satisfied with this timing, then this is not PE.
Alternatively, a male might delay his ejaculation for up to 15- 20 minutes, but if his partner, even with foreplay, requires 25-30 minutes of total sexual activity before reaching climax, he may still consider his ejaculation premature because his partner has not been satisfied (at least, not through intercourse). But in routine practice we do not like to call this kind of situation as PE.
So every individual is unique. Every couple is unique. Same individual may have different sexual behavior with different partner and different times. Varied situations and varied places of performing the act have a role to play in determining the outcomes of individual sexual performance/s.
Statistics of PE:
You are not alone! PE is a common sexual complaint. As many as 30-40% men across the world including India experience problem of PE at some time in life.
Approximately 30%-70% of American males experience premature ejaculation. The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) indicate a prevalence of 30%, which is spread across all adult age groups. Estimates of PE rates in India and many European countries are similar to those of the United States.
That is all for now on this topic. In the next follow up parts I shall discuss, types of PE, how it happens, how to approach the men / couple suffering from it to resolve this problem. The therapy includes wide spectrum of approach including counseling, behavioral methods, exercises, techniques and medical remedies both modern as well as alternative medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am masturbating daily after every masturbation I have severe headache and I can't remember few thing I am not fast as before. What I should I do recover from this?
Sir, vese to muje night fall kam hi hota h pr jis bhi din m push-up krta hu us din to night fall hota hi h me is ka kaaran puchna chahta hu?
Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse also known as vaginismus. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Vaginismus / Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
Vaginal dryness- Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
Improper vaginal expansion- The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
Vaginal itching caused by infection- Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
Emotional issues including fear of sex, marital issues/ disputes, etc are also leading cause of painful sex
However, symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, it is always advisable to consult a experienced doctor including a gynecologist, sexologist or sexual counselor.
Role of sexual counselor is very important, as he she can offer Sex therapy in the form of counseling, brief psychoanalysis, or behavioural therapy .This can help to address any underlying psychological issues, such as fear or anxiety, tackle any irrational beliefs that you have about sex, educate you about sex.
Also some special techniques can be taught eventually stop your vagina closing involuntarily, such as using vaginal trainers and pelvic floor exercises.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
BDSM which stands for Bondage Domination Sadism and Masochism is a popular catch phrase to describe a certain type of behaviour in humans for gratification of pleasure by using means like bondage, pain, power and discipline. The concept of BDSM differs from person to person as one may consider power and humiliation as means of pleasure while another might consider it to be paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires).
Different roles in BDSM:
Dominance: This is a role assumed by a dom (male) or a domme (female) who controls the other person and the flow of events. Everything during the course of BDSM is regulated (from rules to positions) by the dominant partner.
Daddy/Mummy: A term used to describe the dominant who usually chooses to assume a parental role to the sub.
Master/Mistress: Widely used, this term is used to denote the dominant who demands different degrees of compliance from the submissive. The master/mistress can choose to treat the sub in whatever way they want to.
The dominant can choose to use different forms such as:
Bondage: Using ropes or any device that limits the sub’s movement during the intercourse/foreplay.
Sadism: The dominant chooses to gratify pleasure by inflicting pain on the submissive.
Submission: The submissive one has to adhere to the set of rules laid down by the dominant partner and isn’t allowed to say “no” to any order given by the dominant.
Slave: This term is used to denote a submissive who is entirely at the mercy of the dominant. Chained collars are common in this kind of role play.
Brat: This term is used for a sub who has misbehaved by not complying with the dominant’s wishes and is punished (sexually or by inflicting pain otherwise) for the same.
Pet: The sub is referred to as a “pet” (kitty/pony/puppy) and treated as one by the dominant. Collars, tails, leashes and cages are some of the equipment used in this kind of BDSM. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Nightfall or night discharge is a condition when some men ejaculate in sleep usually in the early hours of the morning or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of the penis due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. Usually, men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall. or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall.
In the case of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In rare cases, a person might pass urine along with semen. of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In a rare case, a person might pass urine along with semen.
Treatment for nightfall:
It is believed that the best way to stop nightfall is by changing the lifestyle and treating with guidance of doctor. This includes reducing the frequency of masturbation and avoiding porn and nude pictures. However, there are some ways to cure nightfall naturally by doing the following:
- Meditation increases concentration and inner feelings can be controlled. This helps distract men from indulging in unwanted activities and is very effective in controlling nightfall.
- Exercise and yoga allow a person to have full control of their mind, body and soul. By doing regular yoga and exercises sex-related activities which induce nightfall can be avoided.
- Bathing with essential oils before going to bed is helpful as it relaxes the body and mind and allows a good sleep.
- Change in diet can prevent nightfall. Men who suffer from this problem should avoid acidic food.
And if the nightfall persists you need to consult a sexologist and with proper treatment of the underlying cause you can cure your problem completely with your lost physical and sexual strength.
Curing nightfall is easy and should be recognized so that it does not hamper the sex life of a man.
Following home remedies can also be taken to control or prevent the situation:
- Bottle gourd has a cooling effect thereby cools the system which is responsible for nightfall. It can be used in two ways, either by drinking bottle gourd juice before bedtime or by mixing the juice with sesame oil and massaging it.
- Gooseberry or amla helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It is believed that drinking a glass of gooseberry juice can help get rid of nightfall.
- Onions and garlic are known to cure many health related conditions. 3-4 cloves of raw garlic and onions in the form of salads should be had to cure nightfall.
- Milk, when combined with pre-soaked almonds, banana, and ginger, helps to eliminate this problem. Banana has a cooling property which helps to control the problem. Also, eating curd is beneficial as it has healing properties which cool the system and increase immunity.
- Juice of celery and fenugreek are very helpful in nightfall as well as premature ejaculation. These juices can be mixed with honey in a ratio of 2:1. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It is important that we treat our body with care and ensure that we eat healthy and right, in order to support our body to function right. When the semen that spews upon ejaculation does not have the appropriate amount of sperm in it, this signifies a condition called Low Sperm Count. This is also called Oligospermia, while a complete lack of sperm in the fluid or semen is called Azoospermia. If a male has less than 15 million sperms in each millilitre of semen, then he is considered as a patient suffering from low sperm count.
This also makes a person infertile and lessens the chances of fertilising a partner's egg. The symptoms may include problems in gaining and retaining an erection, premature ejaculation problem, pain and discomfort, a lump in the penis, and inability to conceive a child. This may be caused due to infection, ejaculation problems, tumours, hormonal imbalances and Varicocele. The way to treat this condition is as follows:
- Surgery: A patient with a low sperm count may be asked to go through surgery which will help in correcting a Varicocele in a surgical manner. For this, any vasectomies that the patient may have gone through will have to be reversed. Also, the doctor can resort to sperm retrieval methods in order to scoop the sperm directly from the testicles and epididymis. This is usually done in cases where there is no sperm in the semen that the patient ejaculates.
- Infection Treatment: With the help of antiviral medication and oral antibiotics, any infection in this part of the body can be treated and cured so that normal sperm production can take place. While this method can cure the infection in the reproductive tract of the patient, there is no guarantee of increasing fertility with this process.
- Hormone Treatment: The doctor can aim at treating any hormonal imbalances by using hormone replacement therapy as well as medication. This can help in treating cases of infertility as well by tweaking the way the body produces and uses hormones.
- Counselling: A patient may have to undergo counselling and associated medication to help in overcoming problems like erectile dysfunction problem or premature ejaculation problem.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology: ART or Assisted Reproductive Technology usually involves surgical extraction of sperms from donors which can be inserted in the genital reproductive tract of the female partner so that conception via methods like In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) can be possible.
Increasing the frequency of sexual intercourse and avoiding excessive use of additives like lubricants can also help in increasing the sperm count. One must also follow a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise even as a proper routine is followed. Also, smoking and excessive drinking must be avoided. One must also time sexual activity with the ovulation cycles of the partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.