Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam MithiyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from erectile dysfunction like this. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. My boss referred me this Shyam Mithiya. I had lost hope, but the erectile dysfunction given by Shyam Mithiya has helped me regain my confidence. The lab in the drShyam Mithiya's Psychiatry & Sex Clinic was very clean and well managed. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I was suffering from hiv aids for which I consulted Dr Shyam.Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Thanks to him for the treatment.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Shyam Mithiya. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Shyam Mithiya is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my nightfall. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. It was amazing, the DrShyam Mithiya's Clinic was so nicely made. Overall nightfall treatment was very effective.
I was in so much stress due to my problem of low sperm count. The DrShyam Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Shyam Mithiya to anyone gladly. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I am so much benefitted with his treatment for premature ejacuation, that I am perfectly fine now. Whatever tests Dr Shyam Mithiya prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Hygiene is very important, and I must DrShyam's Clinic was extremely clean. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm.
I was shocked to experience the masturbation addiction.My boss referred me Dr Shyam. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my masturbation addiction. Both Shyam Mithiya and staff were very helpful. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Shyam for the perfect advice.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems . But I am so happy that I chose Dr Shyam for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was in search of a well experienced sexologist, as somene referred Dr Shyam. The tight foreskin treatment given by him was very effective. I owe him a big thank for the best suitable treatment he gave.
Dr Shyam is a sexology specialist. I consulted him for my small penis treatment. His guidance and prescription has helped me immensly. I owe him abig thank for the treatment he offered.
Have had a very pleasant experience...one of the most talented docs...would recommend anyone n evryone to visit him. One word to decribe the doc is Problem solver
I'd recoverd from depression. Best psychiatrist in Mumbai. I recomment to those who are in depression.
He was patient in listening our problems and gave us confidence that treatment would work
BDSM which stands for Bondage Domination Sadism and Masochism is a popular catch phrase to describe a certain type of behaviour in humans for gratification of pleasure by using means like bondage, pain, power and discipline. The concept of BDSM differs from person to person as one may consider power and humiliation as means of pleasure while another might consider it to be paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires).
Different roles in BDSM:
Dominance: This is a role assumed by a dom (male) or a domme (female) who controls the other person and the flow of events. Everything during the course of BDSM is regulated (from rules to positions) by the dominant partner.
Daddy/Mummy: A term used to describe the dominant who usually chooses to assume a parental role to the sub.
Master/Mistress: Widely used, this term is used to denote the dominant who demands different degrees of compliance from the submissive. The master/mistress can choose to treat the sub in whatever way they want to.
The dominant can choose to use different forms such as:
Bondage: Using ropes or any device that limits the sub’s movement during the intercourse/foreplay.
Sadism: The dominant chooses to gratify pleasure by inflicting pain on the submissive.
Submission: The submissive one has to adhere to the set of rules laid down by the dominant partner and isn’t allowed to say “no” to any order given by the dominant.
Slave: This term is used to denote a submissive who is entirely at the mercy of the dominant. Chained collars are common in this kind of role play.
Brat: This term is used for a sub who has misbehaved by not complying with the dominant’s wishes and is punished (sexually or by inflicting pain otherwise) for the same.
Pet: The sub is referred to as a “pet” (kitty/pony/puppy) and treated as one by the dominant. Collars, tails, leashes and cages are some of the equipment used in this kind of BDSM. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Nightfall or night discharge is a condition when some men ejaculate in sleep usually in the early hours of the morning or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of the penis due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. Usually, men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall. or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall.
In the case of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In rare cases, a person might pass urine along with semen. of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In a rare case, a person might pass urine along with semen.
Treatment for nightfall:
It is believed that the best way to stop nightfall is by changing the lifestyle and treating with guidance of doctor. This includes reducing the frequency of masturbation and avoiding porn and nude pictures. However, there are some ways to cure nightfall naturally by doing the following:
- Meditation increases concentration and inner feelings can be controlled. This helps distract men from indulging in unwanted activities and is very effective in controlling nightfall.
- Exercise and yoga allow a person to have full control of their mind, body and soul. By doing regular yoga and exercises sex-related activities which induce nightfall can be avoided.
- Bathing with essential oils before going to bed is helpful as it relaxes the body and mind and allows a good sleep.
- Change in diet can prevent nightfall. Men who suffer from this problem should avoid acidic food.
And if the nightfall persists you need to consult a sexologist and with proper treatment of the underlying cause you can cure your problem completely with your lost physical and sexual strength.
Curing nightfall is easy and should be recognized so that it does not hamper the sex life of a man.
Following home remedies can also be taken to control or prevent the situation:
- Bottle gourd has a cooling effect thereby cools the system which is responsible for nightfall. It can be used in two ways, either by drinking bottle gourd juice before bedtime or by mixing the juice with sesame oil and massaging it.
- Gooseberry or amla helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It is believed that drinking a glass of gooseberry juice can help get rid of nightfall.
- Onions and garlic are known to cure many health related conditions. 3-4 cloves of raw garlic and onions in the form of salads should be had to cure nightfall.
- Milk, when combined with pre-soaked almonds, banana, and ginger, helps to eliminate this problem. Banana has a cooling property which helps to control the problem. Also, eating curd is beneficial as it has healing properties which cool the system and increase immunity.
- Juice of celery and fenugreek are very helpful in nightfall as well as premature ejaculation. These juices can be mixed with honey in a ratio of 2:1. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It is important that we treat our body with care and ensure that we eat healthy and right, in order to support our body to function right. When the semen that spews upon ejaculation does not have the appropriate amount of sperm in it, this signifies a condition called Low Sperm Count. This is also called Oligospermia, while a complete lack of sperm in the fluid or semen is called Azoospermia. If a male has less than 15 million sperms in each millilitre of semen, then he is considered as a patient suffering from low sperm count.
This also makes a person infertile and lessens the chances of fertilising a partner's egg. The symptoms may include problems in gaining and retaining an erection, premature ejaculation problem, pain and discomfort, a lump in the penis, and inability to conceive a child. This may be caused due to infection, ejaculation problems, tumours, hormonal imbalances and Varicocele. The way to treat this condition is as follows:
- Surgery: A patient with a low sperm count may be asked to go through surgery which will help in correcting a Varicocele in a surgical manner. For this, any vasectomies that the patient may have gone through will have to be reversed. Also, the doctor can resort to sperm retrieval methods in order to scoop the sperm directly from the testicles and epididymis. This is usually done in cases where there is no sperm in the semen that the patient ejaculates.
- Infection Treatment: With the help of antiviral medication and oral antibiotics, any infection in this part of the body can be treated and cured so that normal sperm production can take place. While this method can cure the infection in the reproductive tract of the patient, there is no guarantee of increasing fertility with this process.
- Hormone Treatment: The doctor can aim at treating any hormonal imbalances by using hormone replacement therapy as well as medication. This can help in treating cases of infertility as well by tweaking the way the body produces and uses hormones.
- Counselling: A patient may have to undergo counselling and associated medication to help in overcoming problems like erectile dysfunction problem or premature ejaculation problem.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology: ART or Assisted Reproductive Technology usually involves surgical extraction of sperms from donors which can be inserted in the genital reproductive tract of the female partner so that conception via methods like In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) can be possible.
Increasing the frequency of sexual intercourse and avoiding excessive use of additives like lubricants can also help in increasing the sperm count. One must also follow a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise even as a proper routine is followed. Also, smoking and excessive drinking must be avoided. One must also time sexual activity with the ovulation cycles of the partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
You may be a Greek god in bed but there is always a scope for improvement. Food is known to play a major role in your sex life; think of aphrodisiac foods such as banana and dark chocolate. These foods raise your libido levels which make you a better performer in bed.
Here is a list of foods which help you perform better in bed:
Oysters: Oysters are a type of food that is high in zinc, which is known for its libido enhancing abilities. They also contain important amino acids which boost production of sex hormones in the body.
Avocados: Avocados contain Vitamin E in good amounts which keep your sex spark ignited. They are not only good for your libido but also beneficial for your skin. Vitamin E is known to keep your skin healthy and free from different skin disorders such as acne.
Chilies: A staple ingredient in most Indian kitchens, the humble chili is a well-known aphrodisiac. It contains compounds which influence a better secretion of ‘endorphins’ by the brain. Endorphins are called the ‘happy hormones’ which help boost heart rate, thus contributing to improved blood circulation. An enhanced blood circulation to the sexual organs certainly keeps them in better health.
Chocolate: Chocolate, especially its darker cousin, has compounds which increase ‘dopamine’ levels in the body, the hormone which is known to increase pleasure during sex.
Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium and Vitamin B which increase energy levels in the body. ‘Bromelain’ is another compound in banana which improves testosterone levels in the body.
Honey: Wondering where the term “honeymoon” came from? Well, it comes from a drink called ‘mead’ which is made from honey. Honey is rich in Boron which boosts energy levels and also helps regulate hormone levels in the body.
Coffee: Caffeine is a strong stimulant of blood flow in the body. It ups energy level and elevates heart rate, thus giving you the required impetus to last that bit longer.
Pine nuts: Being rich in zinc, this food packs quite a punch below the belt. You can also use them as your evening snack to get rid of food cravings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I have premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction problem. Please help me and suggest a best treatment.
My frnd masturbate daily frm 2 years n now his face have become small in size is due to weakness due 2 excess of masturbation he has stopped now masturbating so can his face become normal like earlier.
My frnd has gone with unprotected sex on 26th Oct. Her LMP was 29th September 2016. It was safe period for her. N the ejaculation was outside. She is afraid of unwanted pregnancy, she was expecting menses today. BT till now no menses have occurred. What she shud do. Plzzz help.
Respected Doctors 2 days before share my problem about MY wife. She is 29 years old and I am 45 years old. At morning during sexual intercourse MY wife found little pain inside vagina. Today we visited gynecologist. She said do not worry no problem some time its happened also suggest me use condoms during intercourse. But my wife use ocp then she said use condoms few days than when everything normal you both decide which precaution you want to continue. MY wife not much happy with condoms. So what can I do now? Please suggest me. Thank You.
I had a homosexual relation with a partner and his sperm spread from lower portion of my penis to stooldoor and My penis was covered with skin. Next day partners HIV test done at govt hospital and reports negative. Then after 25 days I have tested HIV at govt hospital and reports negative. After 50 days I have tested HIV and VDRL and reports negative. After 55 days I have tested HIV P24 antigen and reports negative. Any chances to infect HIV? What is seroconversion?
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression. Chance of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
Constant fear and worry
Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.