Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam C. AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old mail. I am suffering from diabetic since last 20 years and it is under control. I have been taking insulin at 12 before breakfast and dinner. Since last 2 years I have vision problem and I have consulted an eye specialist, who advised laster treatment. Now there is problem in seeing things of far distance. What is to be done now to improve my vision.
I have a problem related to the eye, in that I feel prickly inside the eyes and also itching inside the eyes prevails. On touching the eyes, they instantly become red and it pains too much.
Hi Sir, Since 11 months I am getting pus filled rash on eye (near closing edge) and both eye becomes reddish. Pls suggest the medicine to cure completely . It pains lot . Hence pls. . .
I am 23 yr old and I am having dark circle, also my eyes are looking very tired. What should I do for it?
After taking bath my eyes goes red and after an hour in the sun my eyes are red. So please suggest what to do.
Hello sir/madam, iam satyasai, I got a eye stye to my left eye lower lid, its already 4 months still it did not heal, can you pls suggest me some remedies other than surgery!
I am 66 yrs old. On my left eye I see small shadows moving as I blink my eyes. What is this & the cause for the same
I have red eye for last one day and I feel as if some foreign body has gone inside my left eye and it is watering for last three days. What should I do?
Sir meri me glucoma hai jiske karan meri eye week hai koi rosani increase krane ke liye bataye please.
Actually as per shopkeeper of the opticians, they says that glasses and lens are good for eyes and lasik is a risk for life and if we do lasik after few years again we have to use the glass. So is that true because no one wants to play with their own eyes. If lasik is good so suggest me some good hospital as I am living in Nasik road. Thanks for your guidance
I am experiencing floaters all around my eyes and black white spots in the vision wat should I do now?
I have red eyes for more than 5 days and also I have flu which almost killing me. What should I do now.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.