Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam C. AgrawalYour feedback matters!
5year male child eyes are red from 10 days and liquid is coming now from eyes tell medicines to cure and precautions and causes.
I am 20 years old male suffering from sleep disorder very light sleep sometime. Nobody is able to understand my problem. I feel pain and tears in my eyes when I rise. What should I do to get rid of this.
I am 32 years old, I have problem of severe swelling and reddishness of eyes even if I look mobile for few minutes, at before it persisted for some hours and I intimately decreased the time because of my problem, now I prevented completely to stare but problem doesn't exhale me, what I should do now.
How we get healthy, which types of miles I will be preferable for healthy. And how I improve my eyesight power.
Hi I am 30 year age person and I found lightly white layer around my cornea I show it to the eye specialist he diagnosed me as a case of arcus juvenile and he told me to go for a lipid profile. So what to do now and what type of dietary modification required. What should I do in next step.
I have computer visual syndrome. It started 1 and half years back and consult a doctor after 1 year. The power I have is 0.7 which is my starting power. I do feel that the eye becoming dry while using mobiles and laptops. This problem happens because I started over usage of my mobile when I was in college. I am not comfort using glass or contact lens. Is there any possibility to return my eye power.
I am a 31 years old male and have double vision for last 1 month. I was wearing glasses, when I was in std. V of - 7.5 for both eye with no axis. I have using the - 7.5 power for last 20 years. For the last one month I have facing double vision means, when I saw an object or light, then another light or object appears, at the side of the original object. After this problem, I have consult a doctor of vasan eye care, visakhapatnam and he checked my eyes and prescribed to wear - 8 glasses for both eye with no axis. After that I have changed my glasses, but still the problem is not solved. When driving my bike, I face more problems. What should I do?
1) Im 17 year old boy having exophoria upto 5-6 prims in both eyes. Is this common? 2) is there any chance that in future my eyes undergo intermittent exotropia? 3) how can I fix my exophoria? Im little upset.
I had been once infected with uveitis around 5 years ago and it was cured, but have been getting that dot like movements in my eyes once in a while when I just use wysolone 1 tab per day fr a week it goes off is this a good practice how can I get Rid of it?
I have red eyes and some pain. what should I do for it? Suggest me a good medicines, and also an infection ringworm.
I am 18 years old and I am not able to see distant images clearly, but I don't want to get spectacles from now onwards so I tried many of the ayurvedic treatments, but to no avail, please help with some easy to follow remedial measures.
I am suffering from headache, when I am seeing any pictures, movies etc, my head was too pain that time, even when I think something the headache is came as usually. Please give me suggestions to this problem.
I don't feel hungry at all and even feel lazy to eat anything. I skip meals on regular basis. I even tried eating tonics to increase my hunger but it only effect me for 1 or 2 days and than it also stop working. Honestly, I'm not so regular in eating medicines or tonics. Now I'm 19 and slowly all my body parts are getting weaken. Like my eyes they recently got specs of about -0.5 and my teeth started aching due to lack of calcium. In short, all the energy which my body has saved is now vanished resulting me in a poor health condition. N even though I know the reason, I can't tackle it. For me eating food is like the biggest responsibility. Need help please and I look very thin.Please tell.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.