Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShwethaYour feedback matters!
Sir my age is 23 I have one water pimple on my penis so due to this I consult a doctor nd tasted fr HIV nd STD profile the results is negative bt one of my friends says HIV test should be within 10 mins of taking blood to testing so he says my results are maybe wrong is it correct or not? How much time to taken fr blood taste aftr collecting blood sample.
Maine copper T lgaya tha vo Maine June 1st week me nikale but muje may se period nahi aya to Maine prega news se bhe cheek kiya to negative hai or white pani bhi jada jata hai to es problem ka solution bataiye pls.
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.
My wife is pregnant and she is in her 9th month and the due date is 12 October 2016 in the recent diagnosis her gynecologist said that everything is well nd fine the baby is healthy with head down ideal weight and there's opening of the way to for the baby and 75 percent of chances are for normal delivery but the doctor advised my wife to make physical contact for a week or so but the problem is my wife is staying at her mother's place and I can't go to her due to some problems and she is forcing me to come and it's making a stress for me so I need to know that ke is it really that necessary to involve physically will it play a vital role for her to deliver the child normally plzzz help me or suggest me I would be thankful.
2 moths passed I got married. We r using not any precaution bt still there is no conceive in my wife. I am 33 yrs. Wife is 25. What sud I do.
I am 28 years old and married. We are planning for kids. I have some doubts like how often we have to go through intercourse. And do we have doubts like I am not sure whether it got released inside or not. I'm in a doubt that I'm I doing things correct or not. Could you help me on this. Thanks.
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
She do breastfeed her 10 month old child. The issue is her breast have become very loose. Please suggest some remedy for this.
I have itching nd swelling in vagina, it's very unbearable ,it start every 15-16 days again and again! What should I do?
Sugar exists in many forms besides just the white powdered (usually gmo) beet sugar we can pick up at the grocery store. Sugar in all of its forms (including corn syrup, honey, and maple syrup) affects the body in a powerful way and we are consuming more of it now than ever before.
Here are three reasons why you should immediately make plans to cut your sugar intake -
# sugar makes you crave for more sugar and if you restrict yourself it leads to mood swings, behavioral changes and a feeling of 'restriction'. Sugar starts the chain reaction of addiction and more sugar means more calories which in turn mean more weight.
# sugar is the chief cause of 'belly' fat or love handles or cellulite. It ferments in the body making the body acidic and giving rise to bloating and gas. We then tend to perceive these problems as something else and end up doing a whole load of wrong things to beat the bloating and gas. For example, we cut down on beans, because we think that all that bloat and gas formation is because of these extremely healthy and nutritious beans. And, so we eliminate beans from our diet and fail to cut down on the substance that is the real cause, sugar.
# sugar makes the environment in our cells acidic. Almost all diseases breathe in an acidic environment. Enough has been said about that. If you feel you're addicted, get aware of your consumption and slowly start reducing it over time.
Find sweet substitutes, or set small milestones to reach your goal of consuming less sugar.