Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and my girlfriend is too 18 years old. We had sex on her 6 th day of periods. She has still bleeding in 6th day also, we continued sex used condoms. During sex she has no bleeding but after she had some bleeding, after she had pain in her vagina. This is our first sex, we are afraid that there will be any problem for my girlfriend. Does she get any pregnancy, we are bothering about that main confusion. Please give me answer and clear our confusion and tension. Is she will be alright or not. Some friends told that after sex we gain weight and increase in body. Really that happens or it's just a gossip. We are son tensed in matter of pregnancy only, we used condoms during our intercourse also.
I want to know the type of diet I can take during pregnancy to avoid extra wait gain and to come back in shape after delivery soon. Right now I am 63, ht 5'5" age 30, second pregnancy with hypothyroidism for last 7 years on 100 mg thyronorm.
My wife last period was not proper. But there was bleeding also in men's. There is bleeding also sometimes. Now she went for checkup and now she is pregnant from one month. Doctor is saying no gurranty for child. Please suggest me what to do. Is it true. She should go for DMC.
Hi sir. I am blessed with a baby girl in the month of june 2015 by cesarean section. Since then I did not have my MC(periods). What should I do?
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary
Hii Doctor. I have pcod but after having normoz ovabless and folmet my cycle has become regular and pcod under control and I am trying to conceive and want to conceive soon I am having ovabless folmet and susten so please suggest how soon will I conceive by this medicine and my cycle is of 28 days so is it good if I try between 12 to 16 day of periods to conceive. Please let me know soon.
A continued feeling of tiredness, both physically and mentally, can be termed as chronic fatigue symptoms. In this condition, most of the vital systems are working at a lower capacity. Restless sleep, joint and muscle pain, headaches are some of the typical symptoms. Homeopathic medications to this condition have negligible side effects. By increasing body stamina and the threshold for fatigue, the homeopathic medicines assist the affected patients to energise their body's immune system to relieve themselves of extreme mental or physical weakness and brings about a feeling of rejuvenation. Some of the remedies include:
- Arsenic Album: This medication is suited for patients of chronic fatigue syndrome who exhibit a tendency to lie down. Any kind of physical activity like running, walking or even the slightest of exertions can result in fatigue. People begin to hesitate and fear exerting any kind of pressure, which leads to a lack of interest. A growing sense of anxiety can also be noticeable.
- Gelsemium: Applicable for patients showing signs of drowsiness in addition to fatigue. The patient would feel the need to sleep for the entire day. Headaches, muscle weakness, dizziness and vertigo can also be exhibited by the patients who require gelsemium.
- Sarcolacticum Acidum: This medicine is applicable for people who exhibit a feeling of high fatigue early in the morning. The feeling is felt upon awaking early in the morning, which leads to the fatigue continuing throughout the day thereby resulting in a feeling of powerlessness.
- Selenium and Conium: This is prescribed for patients of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome who feel exhausted after sexual intercourse. Selenium is recommended for the patients who show weakness in both mental and physical aspects with seminal losses and sexual excesses. Prescription of conium requires symptoms, such as growth in fatigue and weakness. An aversion to work along with a depressed mental condition and introvert behaviour are some of the common symptoms.
- Picric Acid: Disabilities ranging from weak memory to complete memory loss are a form of Chronic Fatigue syndrome whose prescribed medicine is picric acid. Mental exertion by the person is not possible. It is accompanied by headaches, mental fatigue and muscular weakness.