Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta Agrawal AttarwalaYour feedback matters!
Our hair quality is fast deteriorating.
Just as our body is made of protein complex so is our hair. It needs optimum enzyme and hormonal functioning to grow and maintain its lustre and shine.
So, what are the hair foods?
- For hair sebum production: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. These are rich in sebum producing vitamin a. 2 to 3 servings of these foods together is required daily to meet the vitamin a requirements.
- For healthy scalp: Stack up vitamin c through 1-2 servings of either citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Along with vitamin c, another powerful antioxidant is vitamin e. The sources are cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts.
- For keratin production and hair growth: Keratin is a protein which makes our hair skeleton. Hence good quality protein from dairy products, eggs, meat, soya beans, pulses needs to be taken daily. The production of keratin needs a vitamin called biotin. It is found in brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk.
- For general hair health: Inositol found in whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits is required for healthy hair at cellular level. Also the requirement of vitamin 6 is high for the absorption of many minerals and enzyme functioning.
To prevent hair loss:
- Foods rich in vitamin b12 like chicken, fish, eggs and milk are required.
- Some minerals like iodine found in table salt and foods produced from iodine rich soil are essential for thyroid hormone regulation which is required for hair texture.
After how many weeks fetal heart beat can be recognized. My cousin is currently at 6th week undergone for scan, unfortunately heart beat not recognised on fetal.
I am 18 years old. I am suffering from fat since long time. I want to lose fat. Pleas give me some tips to lose fat.
Sir meri hoght only 5 feet hai. Meri agr 22 year hai. Kya meri hight increase ho skti hai. Ap mughe please meditn btiye. Bt unka koi side effect na ho.
I am lose my hair can I use all shampoo if aany shampoo not suit to me then what can I do please cqn you help me for this problem thank you.
I was having regular periods but from last two years I am suffering from irregularity in periods as my periods occurs late or have large gap.
Being positive is the best thing you can do for yourself!
Do you see life as a blessing, an opportunity or a burden? The answer to this question plays a significant role in shaping your existence as it decides your outlook towards life. Being positive or optimistic is highly beneficial for your psychological and physical well-being. Positive thinking is an idea that not only drives you towards success, but also makes way for happiness in your life.
Cultivating positivity is undoubtedly the best thing you can do for yourself as it makes your life worth living, besides delivering a bunch of health benefits.
Here are 6 of them.
1. Gives you a longer life span
A positive outlook not only keeps you happy, but also increases your life expectancy by manifold in comparison to people with pessimistic thoughts. A recent Dutch study analysed the thought patterns of people for 9 years to come to this conclusion. According to this study, which was published in JAMA Psychiatry, people with a generally pessimistic approach have decreased life expectancy by 55%.
2. Increases good cholesterol level
A research was conducted in 2013 by Harvard School of Public Health to find the link between optimism and cholesterol levels. The study was carried out among middle-aged people and it revealed that that optimistic thought patterns indicated increased levels of “good” cholesterol.
3. Boosts your immune system
Researchers are of the opinion that people who cultivate positive thoughts show a stronger immune response in comparison to people who associate themselves with negative emotions.
4. Increases your confidence
Having positive thoughts can be very advantageous for you as it teaches you to feel good about yourself. This encourages you to try new things and accept challenges more heartily, which in turn boosts your confidence level drastically. Increased self confidence drives you towards success and enhances your performance in all phases of life.
5. Helps you cope with stress better
Studies show that when optimists face a situation, which is not in their favour, they focus more on solving the problem instead of getting disappointed or frustrated. Positive thoughts make you enthusiastic and teach you to deal with any stressful situation with a smile, thereby helping you to work your way out of a crisis. It has also been observed that positive thinking among adolescents acts as a source of protection against depression and behavioural problems commonly faced during teenage.
6. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
A recent study conducted by the American Heart Association, and published in its journal Circulation, showed that people who depicted a positive attitude towards life had decreased their chances of getting heart diseases by 73% in comparison to their pessimistic counterparts. According to researchers, this happens because optimism leads people towards a healthier lifestyle, comprising of a balanced diet and a proper exercise regime. Moreover, optimistic people also have the improved ability to deal with stress, which further points towards a healthy existence.