Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shulmit Vaidya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shulmit VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor. I am getting cheese kind of discharge but in small pieces. What medicine is suggested for this problem. Having itching and burning. Married and I don't have kinds. After having sex with my husband he is telling he is having lots of burning in his private part.
I am 26 years old and married. I am feeling uneasy since last 7 days. It seems a vaginal infection. Symptom's are itching, pain during intercourse, frequent urination, odour from vaginal place, fluid discharge. Please suggest me cure.
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I had ectopic pregnancy operation on 11 april 2017. I am scared about that if I convieve will I get it again. My right tube is partial operated with leprotomy. I consulted one gynae she told me you had medical history before of tuberculosis may be this the reason to have ectopic pregnancy. So she suggested me to do hsg test done. After my operation I never had sex with my husband till now. I am newly married in february 2017. Please suggest me what should I do. I am very scared. Is hsg very pain full. And as I had operation in april is it save to do this test now.
1. Is Water Lumps in Breast required urgent operation? 2. How much days Rest is required? 3.Is it Big operation or normal? 4. Can it be cure through Medicine (Tablets & Capsule or any other) or Operation is must?
Losing weight for an obese person is a big achievement, but mere weight loss may not give them the desire look. Dramatic weight loss often causes excess skin to hang in folds. This can be both embarrassing and unappealing. While exercising and dieting can reduce fat, there is no way to deal with this excess skin other than surgery. Body contouring refers to plastic surgery procedures that address this.
There are many type of body contouring surgeries. Face lifts, tummy tucks and breast lift procedures are common examples of such surgeries. Body contouring surgeries that follow weight loss usually address more than one area. The lower body lift, which focuses on the tummy, midsection and thighs is one of the most common procedures. Though such a surgery is usually performed by a team of surgeons who simultaneously focus on different parts of the body, a body contouring surgery can take up to 8 hours. People who have undergone drastic weight loss may still need multiple surgeries to achieve the desired look.
The risks of such a surgery are similar to other procedures that are performed under anesthesia. The most common complications experienced after this surgery are infections of the wound, seroma formation, slow healing of the wound, excessive bleeding and reopening of the wound. Patients may also notice a difference in the quality of their skin. This can lead to slow wound healing, skin laxity and issues related to scarring. For the overall cosmetic results to be appreciated, the patient must wait for at least 3 months. The scars can take up to a year to heal and blend with the rest of the skin. Body contouring is also a surgery that is not covered by most insurance policies and can be quite expensive.
If you are considering this surgery, ensure that your weight remains stable for 3 to 6 months before the surgery. This will ensure that the surgery has long lasting results. Weight fluctuations, both gain and loss can lead to the need for additional procedures. If your weight loss is a result of bariatric surgery, you may need to wait a year before undergoing a contouring procedure. Instead of opting for an overall contouring procedure, prioritize your problem areas and address these first. You may realize that you do not need additional surgeries. You should also be aware that though this surgery removes excess skin, it will not leave you with flawless skin. the scars caused by this surgery may lighten over time but are permanent.