Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhra SharmaYour feedback matters!
I think my teeth r not properly aligned. That's why I want to get braces. Bt I love chewing gums. How should I manage?
I have some gum problem after bathing or after brush and I feel gum in my throat but not much what should I do to get rid of it.
I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted last wednesday. There was a RC done on 2 teeth with caps fitted. The pain is unbearable for last 1 week. Also, I feel a bone from the extracted tooth base piercing my cheek like a pin. Please let me know if this is normal.
I am suffer with holes on corner teeths and I won't to eat some cold and sweet items, what should I do?
My teeth has broken into half how do I get my new looking teeth, please help me. It makes my face looks different.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!
I am a vegetarian and I workout from gum last 01 year no improvement so kindly provide me a full dietary plan to improve my body.
I am a 35years old male and am suffering from bad breath problem from some yrs. I brush twice a day, even had a root canal procedure on a molar teeth. I don't drink or smoke.
I recently noticed some white patches between tooth and gum at back side (not visible) and usually my teeth is yellow coloured. I have removed those visible patches using needles/pins. I feel there are some more left out but not sure. What is the cause and do I need to really worry about them?
I am 57 years old male. My one tooth started shaking before 25 days. It was paining. After 2 to 3 days l pulled it out. Paining stooped. But after 15 days the gum pain started at the spot. I consulted a dentist. In x-ray a small broken tooth is remaining inside and there is infection. Doctor gave me antibiotics and pain killers and told me to remove the remaining tooth by operation. Is it necessary to remove the part of the tooth as there is no paining after completing the antibiotic course.
I'm 19 years old and I'm getting mouth wounds often and I've tried using zytee but still no effect. I'm having ulcer and it has been diagnosed I don't know if the mouth wound is due to ulcer.
I have a cavity in the upper last teeth. And also I can see my teeth are becoming weaker. Any suggestions how I can improve the teeth quality. For the cavity, I think I need to go for filling. Please suggest.
What is an ulcer how is it caused what to do if it happens again and again Please suggest a remedy or guide me whats wrong in my diet I am a 18 years old boy.
My daughter is 7 year old. Her 2 front teeth got removed 4 month back . But still the new teeth did not arise .Suggest
Hello sir. I am an 34 years male. Since last few month I am having mouth infection. Mouth get radish ang can not eat salty and spicy food. When I take becasules for 2 days it lists but after few days it again come. My stool is also not passing properly. It passes once in 36 hrs. Please suggest.
From the unsightly to a charming attractive most natural looks.
This person had lost a front tooth in childhood and someone else had changed his tooth to look like a front tooth - which looked bad due to improper shade match and spaces between teeth.
We transformed his teeth to look like natural teeth and also closed the spaces in between.
He would be very conscious of his looks and would never smile- leave alone laugh and now he supports the biggest and the best smile of complete confidence.
Thanks to modern day dentistry.