Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShubhaYour feedback matters!
My son is not talkative only few words he says we went to doctor (pediatric) he just gave Mentat syrup by Himalaya. We heard so many cases around us similar to Vedant there doctor gave that some tonic and they start talking now suggest me is Mentat is okay. His class teacher told me that now he is trying to sing rhymes vd his friends.
Speech therapy me kya hota hai, aur kitna total kharch aata hai, aur insan kitne din me poori tarah thik hota hai?
I am 60 years old having problem of vocal cord palsy, as a result my voice become hoarse. Please suggest best medicines.
Whenever in the personal interview or group discussion, my heart beats very fastly. I cannot able to think or speak clearly. Due to this I am getting rejected every time. Is this a disease? Can I cure it? May I know why it is happening? Do I need any medicine or surgery? Please help me. Need your advice.
I started stammering since 7 the class. Now I am 24 years old. My biggest challenge is being audible and clear to people. It has created a big hindrance for me while communicating. I cannot talk normally , like others do, which has cost me my last job, as I was into customer service (voice). Please suggest me a permanent solution. I presume this is genetic , as my grand father also stammers .
Symptoms of stuttering may include:
Feeling frustrated when trying to communicate
Putting in (interjecting) extra sounds or words (" we went to the. Uh. Store")
Repeating sounds, words, parts of words, or phrases (" I want. I want my doll" i. I see you" or" ca-ca-ca-can")
Tension in the voice
Very long sounds within words (" I am booooobbbby jones" or" llllllllike")
Signs and tests:
No testing is usually necessary. The diagnosis of stuttering may require consultation with a speech pathologist.
There is no one best treatment for stuttering. Most early cases are short-term and resolve on their own. Speech therapy may be helpful if:
Stuttering has lasted more than 3 - 6 months, or the" blocked" speech lasts several seconds. The child appears to be struggling when stuttering, or is embarrassed. There is a family history of stuttering. Speech therapy can help make the speech more fluent or smooth, and can help the child feel better about the stuttering.
I am 20 years old male, I have starting problem while speaking called stathering, is there any way to cure that problem? If there any way please answer me.
I have stammering problem since childhood, please suggest me some remedies or any treatment to overcome this, or to control it to some extent.
Sir. I am ajeet yc from Vijayapur. Now I am studying MCA final year. I have stammering problem. Will you please help me to speak. I am speaking good but some of words start with k, s, p, q, etc I struggled on this spells.
Dr. I am stammering too much. Does that stammering have treatment or operation. I really worried about it so much.
I have a stammering problem since last 2 years. I'm not able to attend any interviews for this problem . Can you please help me out.
When someone asks a question or say when I have to speak instantly. Then I fumble and stammer and take a pause and then speak my name. So my question I feel embarrassed in stammering so I want to heal it and remove it completely .how to do it?
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.