Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 64 yrs old 3 months ago I had blood coming out while brushing my teeth and was asked to get my teeth cleaned and prescribed qudrajel. It only gave temp relief and after a month it was re-precribed. But it has not helped and I continue to get blood while brushing. What to do?
I am 28 Years Old, My Teeth are becoming Yellow day by day which I have never faced until now. I wash my mouth after having any eatable.
I am suffering from an accident whch cause bleeding in my mouth I want a medicine by which it can be good.
My Daughter is 3.5 year old. But most of the teeth have cavity, some of them got damaged from sides also. Please suggest what we should do in his case.
I have pain in lower left back region of teeth since 15 days and sensitivity to hot and cold in that area pain increases in night on lying down.
I am 24 years old I have black spot in my teeth and that spot slowly slowly damage my teeth what can I do please tell me the treatment.
I am having a sudden pain in my chest and then in back at the same point where chest pain occurring and then my teeth starts paining too high pain what to do.
I am 44 years old male. I am suffering from bad smell from my mouth. It is increasing day by day. I am brushing my teeth thrice in a day. How may I come out from this matter.
What must be done if, some one has burning sensation in tongue? And feeling like ulcers? Can constipation cause the infection? As thecolour of the tongue has changed to brick red and there is pain in swallowing.
I am suffering from tongue broken disease. I have pain more .each and everyday my tongue is broken more and more. This feeling effect my top part of the tongue. So pls say precaution have this?
Sir, Meri wife ke teeth halke neele se pad gaye hai yani jaisee veins dikhati hai us type se dikhate hai aur vo 4 month ki pregnent bhi hai please advise de.
Since a few months I am suffering from a serious tooth pain in my left side of my mouth. I cannot drink anything cold because of this problem. And let me make this clear that I had no dental issues in the past. But still I cannot use my left side tooth for drinking cold items, right now Iam using only my right side. But it is a bit difficult doing this. Can you help me how to get rid of this?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.