Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Doctor suggested me to take echo test for my son who is 20 days old as the doctor heard some ultrasound in my son's heart. After echo test he reported that there is no problem but a small shrink in the minor valve of heart. But it will cause no more bad effects. Pls explain wats tat?
My son is not having food properly and his stomach looks as its full. When we are trying to feed him he feels as if he will vomit.
Hello Doctor, my son age 9 years having fever and dry cough. From yesterday morning. I have been giving him crocin syrup 10 ml , kidicare and adulsa. His fever goes once he take crocin but in few hours it comes back. Can you confirm id antibiotic need to be given.
My baby stools in every 2 to 3 hours and he is 1 month old. What is the reason not to stool clear in one time? Give suggestions.
Hello doc, My daughter is 9 months old can I give it to cow milk Some one told me that cow milk is allergy to infant body like excess protein.
Dr. 2 month old baby was on similar for a month as mother did not produced sufficient milk and had flat nipple problem also, now for 2,3 days some blood in stool Dr. said to stop similar and dairy for mother also stopped, much worried, will this allergy for cow milk will be cured later?
Dear doctor I am father of nine years old daughter. From last one or two years we are facing a problem. Some times it happened like when we are sleeping my daughter get up and start moving around in the room or near by it seems like she is sleeping and un consciously making all the moves. I would like you to suggest me some good medicine and suggestion for further treatment. Regards inderjeet thanks doctor.
My children 6, 4 years old girl and boy they aren't eating properly not interesting to eat food, fruits. What can we do?
Hi. My daughter is 4 month old but she is unable to respond to her neck? Means she can not straight her neck itself when her head is bended right or left.
Hearing health has come a long way in the last 10 years, yet there are still a lot of misconceptions about hearing loss. Do you think hearing loss only affects the elderly? or maybe you believe your primary care physician can tell you if you have a hearing loss during a routine physical. Do you believe hearing aids will give you back normal hearing or that your health won't be affected if you have hearing loss in just one ear? how about this myth: hearing loss is a consequence of aging - and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
If you recognize your school of thought when you read any of these five myths, it's time to change your perspective. There's no reason misconceptions should stand in the way of hearing your best.
1)Hearing loss only affects the elderly.
In fact, teens and young adults are at risk for developing a very preventable type of hearing loss. Noise-induced hearing loss (nihl) is one of the most common causes of hearing loss, affecting approximately 26 million americans between the ages of 20 and 69. According to the centers for disease control and prevention (cdc), as many as 16 percent of teens age 12 to 19 have reported some hearing loss which may be caused by loud noise. Approximately 20 percent of americans - around 48 million americans - report some degree of hearing loss. Additionally, hearing loss occurs in five out of every 1, 000 newborns each year in the united states. Hearing loss can be caused by any number of factors: ototoxic medication, environmental factors, disease or genetics. In some cases, the cause of hearing loss is simply unknown.
2) My primary physician will tell me if my hearing is failing.
The last time you went for a physical, did your doctor perform a hearing test on you? chances are he or she didn't, because very few doctors do. Your doctor relies on you to bring any health problems to light just as much as you rely on your doctor to do the same. Since your general practitioner is only so well-versed in specific areas of the body, you should have your hearing checked routinely by a hearing health practitioner, just as you have your vision checked or your teeth cleaned.
Hearing health professionals are specifically educated and trained to administer hearing tests, diagnose hearing loss and prescribe treatment. If you notice your hearing has diminished, find a hearing healthcare professional in your area and make an appointment. At the very least, you will have established a relationship with someone you trust who now has a baseline of how well you hear. If you visit them annually, just like you do your primary care physician, they'll be able to detect any hearing loss as it occurs.
3) I notice a difference in one ear, but the other is fine so I'm ok.
Your brain is a thing of wonder. If the hearing in one ear starts to fade, your brain will adapt to the changes, at least up to a certain point. Your hearing loss could be well-advanced before you even notice a difference. There are countless stories of people who were oblivious to the extent of their hearing loss before they finally admitted they needed hearing aids. A regular hearing test can help track your hearing capability.
Here's another brain fact. Your brain is so involved with your sense of hearing, it can 'forget' how to hear certain sounds if the auditory pathways become damaged and hearing loss is untreated. That's one of the reasons why it's important not only to have your hearing checked regularly, but to seek treatment once hearing loss has been diagnosed.
Untreated hearing loss has also been associated with dementia, social isolation, depression and anxiety - other good reasons to see your hearing healthcare professional as soon as you notice you are not hearing well.
4) Hearing aids will restore my hearing to normal levels.
Today's hearing aids are technological marvels. Their sensitive microphones can focus on speech while tuning out background noise, they can be programmed with the touch of a smartphone, and they work in tandem with many other personal electronic devices in our lives. The one thing hearing aids can't do; however, is restore your hearing to 'normal.' as much as we've learned about how our sense of hearing works, there is no man-made device that can completely replicate human hearing.
The good news? hearing aids can significantly improve your ability to hear well, which leads to enhanced communication with family, friends and co-workers. The key is to work closely with your hearing healthcare professional to make sure your hearing aids help you hear your best in each of your personal listening environments.
5) My hearing loss cannot be helped.
Have you asked a hearing health practitioner about your hearing loss? many forms of hearing loss can indeed be improved, whether it be by hearing aids, surgery, medication or a simple ear wax removal procedure. You'll never know if you never ask. And, if it's been a few years since you've seen a hearing healthcare professional, consider making another appointment. The field of hearing health is rapidly changing. Hearing loss that was difficult to address even a few years ago may be treatable now.
My baby is one month old and he stools every 2-3 hrs. A day. WHat is the problem? Suggest a medicine so that he will not stool frequently.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is having mother feed n do not want to discontinue. I want to know that till what age I can feed her.
Hi sir I have one child she will complete 1 year on 22nd may 2016, my questions are she is very thin n she is no any teeth is coming till now kindly advise me.
My baby is 2 years old and she is drinking lots of milk everyday, so that she is suffering from constipation, what can I do?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.