Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shubash AgalYour feedback matters!
Hey I am 20 years male. Last week I suffered from food poisoning and hard fever but recovered. Now a days when I have my lunch or dinner just after one hour from that I feel for bathroom and I have to go. Please tell me how it can be cured that food can stop for proper digestion.
My father had hemorrhoid surgery 45 days ago, since then he had pain and blood in stool. He was given various antibiotics and laxatives, sitz bath etc but they were not helping much. Finally someone recommended movicol. Since then his stool is soft and pain has reduced a bit but still it feels painful after bowel movements and while sitting etc. Also there is bleeding while bowel movements. His surgeon, after colonoscopy said since he had 5-6 nodes, both internal and external, so it is taking longer to heal after surgery. He recommended self dilation with size 4,5 and eventually 6 for a month so that anal canal looses out and stool does not rub much with walls, giving it time to heal. I want to know does dilation really help? He fear it would make scar bleed more due to forced stretching? Also how to get rid of pain, blood etc. He thinks initial part of his stool is hard which rubs off his anal walls, thus causing bleeding. Movicol makes rest of the stool soft but not initial part. My questions: 1: does filation help in increasing anal canal size or it makes wound worse? 2: how to make initial part of stool soft? 3: how to get rid of pain and bleeding? How long does it usually take in such cases? My dad is always sad and depressed due to this. Please help. Thanks.
Sir I have tiny antral ulcer. My only problem is mild fresh blood in stool since 1 month. No pain or itching. Sometime burning after passed stool. Sir what is the reason of blood in stool? I am very much fear. Pls sir help me. Do I have any investigation?
I am 18 years old girl & I have a daily stomach problem particularly acidity. I have choosen many doctors but nothing new happened. Now I wana to get rid of this disease if you give some a good tip and advise or tablet/syrup. Will be a most kindness.
I am 43 yr old male. Quite often I am having burning sensation to the left side of the chest just above the left nipple. My ecg tmt echo sugar test is done and is normal as per the doctor. Also I have diagnosed for lumber spondilityes ls spine. In general I am having acidity also for which I am taking pantop 40mg before breakfast. Please advice.
I've stomach problem and cannot get fresh, it takes half hour or more in a time. It happens 2-4 times in a day.
I am 21 years old female. From a week am feeling as if my lower abdomen is bloated up and I having feeling of frequent urination. From past two days am suffering from diaherra. It irritates a lot because the feeling of frequent urination and especially bloating up of the stomach. Please help.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What is the best way to maintain our fitness and get rid of common stomach problems like gas, pain, etc?
I am having acute indigestion and severe constipation problems despite taking isabgol twice a day and taking medicine for indigestion. I am taking medicine for sugar also which is more or less normal with medicine. Please suggest remedies and precautions to me.
I am 21 years but I have some gastric problem so I couldn't eat sufficient. I can eat only 3 chapatis. I want to gain weight. Now I am 49 kg only, what can I do?
Homeopathic treatment can relieve the bleeding and diarrhea and can shorten flare-up`s duration. It can also bring about a long-term remission and prevent new attacks. Ulcerative colitis may be an autoimmune disease and a virus or bacterium may trigger the disease. Homeopathic treatment reinforces the immune system and helps the body`s defense against infection. Homeopathy is compatible with conventional treatment and you can take homeopathic medicines when you are on other medications too. Homeopathic therapy is natural and has no side effects.
Stress is one of the triggers that can set off a flare-up. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in ulcerative colitis because they balance the immune system, treat the intestinal symptoms and also relieve stress.