Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti Umesh PatekarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am female 32 years old undergoing IVF treatment feeling so much of stress how can I get rid of it.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind.
My period misses very often. Sometime it crosses almost 2 months of time. But sometime it happened on time. I have low bp, low hemoglobin, low blood level in my body. Kindly suggest what to do? What diet I should maintain?
My girl friend is two weeks late and she has done preganews test last evening and it turned up to positive is she really pregnant and can you suggest a safest abortion pills for her which I can get in any medical. Her age is 27.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS lead to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
How to do safe sex with your partner as you do not know about she might have any infectious disease. Can we do kissing, sucking, vaginal sex without any fear? So how to do?
Doctor I am getting married very soon Me n my fiance do not want baby before 3 to 4 yrs Can we go through copper T Or protections like condom n pills I am afraid if by chance my wife gets pregnant after using protection too If dere kind of pills which can b took on regular basis after intercourse Which n lower the risk of pregnancy.
I have missed y periods and my beta HCG value is 3105mIU/mL. Am I pregnant, if Yes than how many weeks?
Hi Sir, I am a 36 years married female with a daughter of 4 yrs. I have been in a relationship with my husband for over 18 years now. I have been married to him for 7 yrs. Lately my husband has been talking to his colleague frequently. I told him I am not liking it. He said that their is nothing going on. He left his job and joined a new one as the situation got worse after I got to know that he had sent her flowers on her birthday. Lately I was investigating more where the same girl had forwarded his chats.in the chats he had mentioned that he loves her 4 time. Since then I have become very depressed and can not control my feelings. He explained that it was nothing and just time pass kind of thing. He never had any emotions or feelings for her. He just like talking to her. She never said no to my love you but kept talking so I thought that she was equally interested. That why it continued. Now I am in a position that I can not forget any of his chat. It keeps hitting my mind and I keep asking him questions frequently, which is creating problems in our relationship. I love my husband a lot and can not live without him and so does he. But the fact is I can not accept what he has done and keep feeling that he had feelings for her. Please help.
My wife age 49 years ,her period is not properly, she thrice in a month, she has no taken any medicine yet kindly advice.
I am 30 yr old lady having 10 months old baby, last 2 months period not came, I had done prega test it is -ve, this problem causeing bodypain, irritation.
Hi im on my menstruation now and blood smells bad. Can I drink amibazole while im on period? How many days do I need to drink?
I want to know what medication should I take for ovarian cyst I also want to know is there any home remedy to cure kidney stone.
Hi Doctor, I was sleeping with my cousin 24 years old female. But in midnight we were not able to control our sexual urge. So we undressed each other. kissed a lot. But I was not able to control. so I pushed my penis in her vagina once and took it back and cummed. is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Can I use condom and have sex with her?
Hi I am 33+ and my weight is 80 kg. I am diabatic. I have a girl child but now I wan't 2nd issu. My fasting blood suger level 196 and p p is 270 how I plan my pregnancy.
Dear Doctor, good afternoon! Kindly let me know what is the best time to travel before and after pregnancy. As my friend is planning to go to Shillong from Chennai. She is 6 months pregnant now.
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.