Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti Umesh Patekar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti Umesh PatekarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, my wife is 7 month pregnant having pain in lower abdomen, what is the problem it happen when she sleep or try to lay straight.
There are some foods which should definitely be a part of your regular diet, the health benefits they offer are amazing, and they are also easily available. One such superfood are chickpeas, or channa as they are popularly called. Another major advantage is that they can be cooked in various forms, and can also be eaten after simply boiling them.
Read on to know their amazing benefits on skin, hair, and overall health.
- Weight loss: With no extra fat and no extra calories, channa is one of the best ways to lose weight. Eat them on a daily basis, preferably without any oil. You could add it to khichdi, curries, or even eat the boiled peas. Rich in fiber and protein, it makes one feel full and reduces hunger pangs. This stops snacking urges in between meals, which is the major cause of weight gain. They can also be added to other foods like vegetables and fruits, which aid weight loss.
- Improved digestion: They help in cleaning the digestive system and kill bad bacteria in the stomach and keeps the stomach clean. It also improves the digestive process as there is high fiber content. Channa helps avoid constipation and allows for quick movement of food through the digestive tract.
- Boosts immunity: They are rich in antioxidants and various minerals and vitamins. The end result is better immunity, specifically due to folate, zinc, iron, and balanced pH in the body. This also helps the body fight infections.
- Controls diabetes: While some foods like chocolates are known for spiking up the sugar levels, foods like channa cause release of sugar at a slow, steady pace. This drawn-out process helps in preventing diabetes, which is basically caused by foods which spike up sugar levels sharply.
- Protection against heart disease: Chickpeas help control cholesterol levels, which are the main culprit for causing heart disease. Also, due to the high fiber content present in chickpeas, it does not allow for weight accumulation. The process of plaque buildup in the arteries is slowed. Blood pressure levels are also reduced, which is due to the high fiber content. Reduced plaque buildup also reduces the incidence of strokes and heart attacks.
- Skin: The manganese and molybdenum in the chickpeas help control wrinkles and purify the skin. Chickpeas paste can be applied on the skin as a face pack too. Ageing can be delayed by regular use of chickpeas in the diet.
- Hair: It reduces hair fall, controls dandruff, improve hair volume, and so is very good for hair health.
- Wound healing: Given that chana is high in proteins and essential vitamins and minerals, it helps in wound healing too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
While approaching the big day in your life, which every woman dreams about and every couple plans for, there is a critical decision which you as a woman or along with your partner have to take, to welcome the new life on earth. The decision is about whether you want to deliver the baby through the normal procedure or caesarian technique. This decision is crucial as both of the processes involve different approach for the delivery of the baby and affect the mother and the child in a variety of ways.
Vaginal Birth or Normal delivery
Across the world, normal delivery or the vaginal delivery is the most preferred option as it is the natural way of giving birth. Without any surgical procedure or minimal use of the knife being involved, vaginal birth is the safest for both the child and the mother. There are several benefits associated with vaginal birth.
In the normal or vaginal delivery, when the pregnant woman gets into labour without any drugs to induce the labour and the child is born without using instruments like vacuum or forceps it is called a Normal Vaginal Delivery (NVD). When the labour is induced, it is called Induced Vaginal Delivery. When the doctor uses forceps or vacuum to extract the baby, it is called Instrumental Vaginal Delivery. The mother has to bear excruciating pain during this process, but once the baby is delivered, there are no complications such as infections.
This is a surgical process where the abdomen and the uterus inside, is cut to take the baby out of the womb of the mother. Due to the less pain during the surgery, as the surgery is carried out by administering anaesthesia to the mother, women of this generation tend to choose this option. But one needs to understand that there are risks associated with it as with any surgery and there could be complications such as infection, heavy blood loss in mother and need for special care to the infant.
Why is normal delivery always better than caesarian procedures?
In the case of a normal delivery, you don’t need to stay at the hospital for long. You get discharged within 2-3 days and even less if you and your baby are completely healthy. The risk associated with anaesthesia is eliminated. And since there is no surgery involved, no danger of postoperative infections or life risk on the operation table. Also, you don’t have to bear the pain of the stitches for long as there none or minimal stitches. The mother can produce milk sooner than in the case of caesarian delivery. It also boosts the immunity system of your baby.
Though normal delivery involves severe pain during labour, in the long run, it is highly beneficial. Hence, caesarian delivery should be opted for only when the doctor recommends it due to medical reason as the only viable choice for you and your baby.