Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti Tapiwala
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti TapiwalaYour feedback matters!
I did CTScan kub pain its come normal but when I am starting to pee very difficult and too much burning while peeing and after peeing some seconds.
Sir I am 24 year old and I had stone problem. And I had gone through operations 2 times for stone. One surgery for ureter stone which is done by leaser and second for kidney stone. So now what precautions I should take so that in future stone problem will not come to me.
Mujhe bathroom karne mein ye samsya hoti hai ki bathroom ek baar aane ke baad rakta hai phir joor dene par puri bathroom nikalte hai. Upaye bataye. Thanks.
Frequent urine problems happening and back pain also there could you tell what is the reason behind this?
I am 27 years old and today I got my sonography and urine test done and doctor gave me. The medicines but it's no are helpful in reducing the pain. I am unable to sleep. Not feeling hungry. Having lemon juice since after noon. Had enough quantity of water. But not getting proper pressure while urinating. Please help.
I am having severe burning when I pass urine. I am having sugar problem for the last 4 years. I am taking medicine and almost normal. I am 59 years old.
In ultra sonography 4 mm size kidney stone detected while after 2 days when CT test done for abdomen no stone was observed please tell which is reliable. Should I go for any medication.
I am suffering from kidney stone from last 20 years now my age is 38 years, till date I have pain in left side. Please advise.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!