Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti TapiwalaYour feedback matters!
My Serum Creatinine has gone up n touched 4.22 also my Potash n Chlorides are on higher side. I urinate 7 to 10 times a day. I have a severe back n stomach pain, there is no biological histo. Why this has happened? Pls let me know n suggest me.
Dear doctor, my father's age is 85, for the last 15 days he is suffering with vomitings and unable to pass the urine. Freequently, he stoodup and go for urinals but only few times he passed. At last consult the doctor, he said creatine levels are increased and all fluids levels are went down like potasiuem, sodiuem chloride etc. The doctor administred the cath pipe for 3 days then entire urine was flown down. Doctor also said that my father is suffering with prostate problem need surgery. At last the operation went successful but unable to control the vomitings due to the fluids levels are down as said by the doctor. Now the urine was clear starting with red then now discharging normall urine. He is so weak and unable to walk also his legs and hands getting tighted without support of two persons he cannot walk. Is it the symptom of any paralysis attack. Can I do the electrolyte test to my father? so please suggest good medicines for speedy recovery. At least he should as normal as he could do his own nature works.
When I thinking negative my hidrosil automatically drop white color like water and then my urine bad smell. Please any method to control.
I have cough. Cough increases only in cold. In night when I am on bed its normal and in day time it increases. I have this problem since 2 years. I take treatment from but they told me yiu have infection. I had test my blood and urine all normal.
I am a diabetic patient last 7 years and last report is fasting blood sugar is 119 mg/dl and ppl is 162 mg/dl, serum creatinine is 1.2 mg/dl and also Hba1c is 5.9. I take medicine semi reclimet half after breakfast and dinner and also I take capsule surbex Gold after breakfast. My question is how to control my blood sugar level and what diet chat I should follow? Also tell what is the position of my creatinine level?
I m born with single kidney. And I m already 21 old and I have smoking and drinking habbite so how it's dangerous of my health just bcoz of one kidney?
I am 31 years old. I had operated my kidney stone on January 2015. During that time I was on bed rest for some days. I have noted that I feel middle muscular back pain mostly in the morning. Although I had some physiotherapy sittings. But I had no relief. Please suggest me doctor what I do?
Hello sir, My age 29 year. In Morning time not clear my urine or digesting problem. this problem last 15 year. What should i do?
I had/have a stone in kidney. Not sure whether its still there. I have to urinate right after drinking water. Doctor says to go to restroom as many times I feel like. But this is affecting my normal life. Is there anything I can do to stop this. By the way I have to drink lots of water. Only then stone will get dissolved and come out it seems.
Well, hello! My mom currently in KSA has this issue of sever pain and flamation in stomach or maybe in urinary tract (she had urinary tract infection 2 years back). She had stones in her kidney, one out of two (bigger one) was removed by laser treatment. After few day, she went for the second one, it got partially removed. Now the pain occurs more frequently and all of a sudden. Please do acknowledge me, the pain is due to stone or something else! Thank you.
How to show my report. As desired USG KUBP report is as under As per report -Right Kidney- normal. Left Kidney - normal in size and shape and echotexture - No evidence of any calculous or hydronephrosis is seen. Urine bladder is seen in distended state. No evidence of calculous or mass lesion is seen. Pre-void urine volume- 262cc Significant post void residual urine volume-48cc Prostate is normal in size (25X40X26mm) Volume (14cc) and attenuation. No diffuse or focal Opinion- Ultrasound KUB reveals significant post void residual urine. Advise - clinically correlation. Some time when there is pressure for long time I feel this as in this case. If I go without too much pressure then in one or two time I feel relief by passing urine in drops also.
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. If there are sufficient red cells, the urine turns to a bright red, pink or cola shade. Frequently, the urine looks totally ordinary because there is insufficient blood to change the colour. In this situation, the condition is called 'microscopic' hematuria.
The most common causes of hematuria are given below:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stones
- Tumours in the kidney or bladder
- Exercise: In this case, the blood is produced in the urine after strenuous activity. It is more commonly experienced by male patients.
- Injury: Traumatic damage to any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the urethral opening, can cause hematuria.
The symptoms of hematuria vary depending upon the condition. These are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis: If the glomerulonephritis is not serious, it may not show any signs. If the symptoms do show up, they can cause swelling, particularly in the lower furthest points(the thighs, legs, feet, and toes), decreased urine, and hypertension.
- Kidney or bladder infection: Symptoms rely on the site of the diseaseand can even cause extreme pain on one side of the lower back, fever, chills, nausea with vomiting, and pain in the bladder.
- Prostate infection: There can be pain in the lower back or in the region between the scrotum and rearend. Pain with discharge, blood in the semen, andfever and chills can also occuronce in a while.
- Tumour in the kidney or bladder: Most kidney and bladder problems develop without bringing about any pain or uneasiness. At the point when side effects build up, abdomen pain may be persistent.
- Kidney stones: When a kidney stone gets attached to the ureters, it can bring about extreme pain in the back, side or crotch, with nausea and difficulties in urination.
Based upon the suspected cause of hematuria, some of the treatments may include the following:
- Urine culture: In this test, a urine sample is extracted and examined to check whether bacteria has developed. This test is used to find a case of a kidney or bladder disease.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys, ureters and bladder: For most cases,a CT scan is conducted. This helps in viewing the internal organs and finding the areas that may have been affected by the condition. It also shows the extent of the damage and the spread of the disease so that a proper treatment plan may be laid out.
- Ultrasound: This test uses sound waves to create images that can show whether or not a kidney mass is a non cancerous. This method can also be used to find out whether or not there are any kidney stones, which may be causing hematuria.
- Cystoscopy: In this test, the specialist embeds an adaptable telescope into the urethra and passes it into the bladder to investigate the bladder lining for tumours or different issues.