Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShrutiYour feedback matters!
Respected madam, I have a 3-year old son. The way he behaves make us feel unhappy. I tried to jot some of his activities. 1. If there is stick, he will take the stick and beat the tv, person in front of him. 2. If his mom is drying her hair, he will just pull it to the extreme extent. 3. If his mom is drying clothes, he will pull them and spread them in floor. 4. If he gets some water, he will not drink; instead he will pour it where it is necessarily unwanted. 5. All our goods are kept above 3.5 feet. He takes stool, climbs over it, and takes the things and does some nuisance. 6. If we ask him to keep the utensil in the kitchen, he will throw it in the sink. We never do such activities at home. 7. If we give him colors for painting in drawing book, he will tear the book, and then paint on his body, in wall, where it is not acceptable. 8. If we scold him, he will cry till he vomits. Every time we scold him, it ends with cleaning of vomits. 9. Whatever we say? not to do, he will? definitely do it first. 10. He never listens to us. 11. He behaves very badly. 12. He never sits at one place. 13. We started brushing his teeth after 2 years. Now he is 3 years, still he doesn? t allow us to smoothly clean his teeth, tongue and gums. 14. For every bit of work, we need to overdo to get the result. 15. He is never easy going whatever may be his mood. 16. He never allows me to go to the office. He cries till now. Other cries only for a week. 17. She becomes tired looking after him. Our life is getting spoiled. 18. He irritates a lot. He becomes happy when seeing the irritated face of other. 19. If some body cries in front of him out of pain, he never see it, and feel it. Instead he just carry on with his unfruitful work. 20. If some call comes in mobile, or we need to call somebody, he will take the phone and do some nuisance. I need your help.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.