Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti GhataliaYour feedback matters!
My 4 year old daughter is suffering from cough since last three months, although a paediatrician was consulted however intermittent coughing persists.
My daughter gets stomach ache during first two days of menstruation cycle. What steps should be taken to relieve her of the pain?
My one year baby has suddenly not drinking milk why? and what I do for make her good health pls tell me.
My 6 month baby is vomiting frequently and also have motion problem very loose. Is this normal at this age or should we take treatment. We feed only milk.
My daughter is 3 month 15 days. She caught cold and cough badly. She is coughing very badly and there are sound whenever she is coughing her nose block Dr. Gv nasal drop, Hiatorest, kufril-LS and nikomox dry syrup. And iprazest. Baby is too small can I give this type of all medicines?
My baby is 2 months 9 days. He has not passed stool since 2 days. He is on breast feed but as my feed is less I have to give him 1 time diluted cows milk but it is only once in a day about 60 ml. He is not taking formula feed. Is there any problem.
My baby who is 3 months old keeps crying even when she is not hungry or for no reason. continuous crying for so long without any reason. Please suggest the possible reason and do we have any solution for the same. How long this crying activity last.
Hi, I have two daughters. My younger daughter is 3 years old and she is very prone to disease. Her immune system is very weak. Always try to avoid her meals. Every month she get ill. Please suggest something for her.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
What is coblation tonsillectomy?
Coblation is an advanced technology that uses gentle radio frequency energy with a saline solution to quickly and safely remove tonsils without causing much pain &amp;amp;amp; no bleeding.
How is cobalation tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy done?
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia generally takes about 30 min. The surgeon uses a special cobalation wand which utlizes radio frequency energy to remove tonsil adenoids in a nearly bloodless fashion the patient can go home the same day.
Why is coblation tonsillectomy a better choice?
Older ways of removing the tonsils and adenoids include cold steel method of dissection. These methods could cause extensive pain, bleeding and may damage healthy tissue around the tissue that is removed. Coblation does not remove the tonsils or adenoids by heating or burning preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
What are the benefits of coblation tonsillectomy?
Fewer'bad days patients report a better overall experience with coblation tonsillectomy after surgery when compared to other procedures. Studies show that patient calls and visits to the doctor due to problems after surgery are significantly less with coblation tonsillectomy.
Faster recovery coblation tonsillectomy has been shown in clinical studies to speed a child's return to normal activity and diet. On average, patients return to a normal diet in 2.4 days after coblation, versus 7.6 days after routine cold steel method.
Less pain coblation tonsillectomy has also been shown to decrease pain and use of medications after the procedure.
Adenoidectomy via cobalation
Difficulty in breathing
Obstructive sleep apnea
Rec episodes of cough old
Coblation adenoidectomy is a technique which works at a relatively low temperature to gently dissolve and/or shrink target tissue with minimal thermal damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Coblation technology provides ablation, resection, coagulation of soft tissue and hemostasis of blood vessels in one convenient surgical device.
Complete removal of adenoids
Under direct endoscopic vision
Minimal pain with day care procedure
My 2 yr 5 months old son is not sleeping properly since birth. Actually he hesited to refrain from breast feed till now.
Hello doctors My 6 month old kid having fever since yesterday between 99 to 100 and giving babygesic between 6 -7 hours gap. NOT ANY STOMACH OR THROAT INFECTION. Please suģgest for allopathic or homeopathic safe medicine for him or any other home remedies.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
The human respiratory system includes trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, lungs, and diaphragm. Oxygen that we breathe in and carbon dioxide that we breathe out is exchanged in the alveoli (air sacs) inside the lungs.
Bronchitis is a respiratory problem where the lining of the bronchial tubes (it carries air to and from the lungs) becomes inflamed or swells. The reason can be an infection or the person’s lifestyle. People with bronchitis have reduced ability to breathe in air and oxygen into their lungs; they also face discomfort because of the deposition of heavy mucus or phlegm in their airways.
Types of bronchitis
Bronchitis comes in two forms, acute or chronic:
Acute bronchitis occurs mostly during the winter season caused by cold or viral infection, such as the flu. It consists of a cough with mucus, chest discomfort or soreness, fever and sometimes shortness of breath. Acute bronchitis lasts for one to three weeks and usually improves within a few days without lasting effects (although you may continue to cough for a week). If there is a repeated bout of bronchitis, then it requires a medical attention since it is a symptom of chronic bronchitis.
Bronchitis is also caused by bacteria. Bacterial bronchitis occasionally follows a viral upper respiratory infection.
Chronic bronchitis lasts for at least 3 months a year and two years in a row. It is a serious long-term disorder that requires regular medical treatment. Smoking should be strictly prohibited if a person is down with acute bronchitis since it becomes much harder to recover and difficult to diagnose.
What causes bronchitis?
The irritated membrane of the bronchial tubes is caused by viruses, typically those that also cause colds and flu or by a bacterial infection.
In some cases, exposure to substances that irritate the lungs, such as tobacco smoke, dust, fumes, vapours and air pollution also stimulates the inflammation.
Repeated irritation is the main cause of chronic bronchitis which damages the lungs and airway tissue. Smoking is the most common causes of chronic bronchitis, other causes include continuous exposure to air pollution, dust and fumes from the environment, and repeated episodes of acute bronchitis.
Understanding how smoking is the main cause of chronic bronchitis:
The cigarette smoke damages the tiny hair-like structures in the lungs (cilia) which is responsible for brushing out debris, irritants, and excess mucus from the lungs. This dysfunctional property of the cilia increases the chances of developing chronic bronchitis.
In the case of a chain smoker, the mucous membrane lining the airways stays inflamed and the cilia eventually stop functioning altogether. This results in lungs clogged with mucus which becomes vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections and eventually damages the lung’s airways. This permanent condition is called copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Symptoms of bronchitis
Symptoms of bronchitis include:
A cough that is frequent and produces mucusfever (may or may not be present) lack of energywheezing sound when breathing (may or may not be present) sore throatbreathlessnesschest tighteningchillsbody achesheadachesblocked nose and sinuses.
When is medical attention necessary?
Consult with the health care specialist if any of the following problems arise:
A cold that lasts more than two to three weeksa fever greater than 102° fa fever that lasts more than five daysa cough that produces bloodany shortness of breath or wheezinga change in the colour of mucus
Treatments for bronchitis
When someone has bronchitis the best treatment is to take enough rest, stay away from allergens (allergy causing agents), drink lots of fluid and have warm soothing food (like soup and khichdi).
The following are the top homeopathic remedies usrd for cough:
Bryonia is often used for a dry, hard, and irritating cough. Patients usually use this if they have an itching pain in the throat or chest that worsens at night. Movement will also make the symptoms worse. Other symptoms with coughs that require bryonia include splitting headaches, and a dry cough accompanied by faintness, vertigo, and nausea.
2. Antimonium tartaricum
Antimonium tartaricum is often used for loose coughs—the patient may even feel like they are suffocating. The patient also alternates between coughing and shortness of breath. Other common symptoms associated with an individual who requires antimonium tartaricum include nausea, vomiting mucus, weakness, drowsiness, hoarseness, and the desire to be left alone.
3. Aconitum napellus
Aconitum napellus is often used for colds and dry, irritating coughs that come on suddenly. Symptoms will get better from warmth, fresh air, and movement; however, symptoms worsen from warm rooms, exposure to pollen or tobacco smoke, in the evening and at night, and during cold, windy, or hot weather.
Pulsatilla is also an effective remedy for colds and coughs. The patient may cough up thick, yellow-green mucus. The person will experience a loose cough in the morning and a dry cough at night. The person will feel better from open air, but worse in the morning, at night, and in heat.
5. Arsenicum album
Arsenicum album is used for coughs with a burning pain that improves with sips from warm drinks. The person’s symptoms will improve from warm drinks and a warm room, but they worsen from open air and cold.
6. Hepar sulphuris calcareum
Hepar sulphuris is used for a rattling and barking cough that starts after exposure to cold and dry air. Other symptoms include yellowish mucus, constant hoarseness, and wheezing. The person’s symptoms will worsen from lying down, walking, and drafts; however, symptoms get better from rising up and bending the head backwards, a hot compress, and damp air.
Causticum is another great remedy for dry, deep, and hollow coughs. The person will feel as if they can’t cough deep enough to raise mucus. Other symptoms include hoarseness, burning pains, a sore chest, and tightness. Symptoms get better from damp weather and sips of cold water; however, symptoms worsen from drafts, cold air, stooping, talking, lying, sneezing, and bending the head forward.
8. Rumex crispus
Rumex crispus is often prescribed for a dry cough when a person lies down. The person will feel a tickling sensation in the throat that often leads to a cough. They will also experience long episodes of a dry, hacking, and fatiguing cough. The person will get better from warm air and during the daytime; however, things will worsen from cough after eating, talking, touching the throat, deep breathing, and lying down.
9. Drosera (sundew)
Drosera is a homeopathic remedy used for a dry, deep, barking, hollow, and spasmodic cough that may also produce gagging. The person’s coughing episodes will often last two to three hours. They will also experience vomiting, suffocative attacks, nosebleeds, cold sweats, hoarseness, and holding their sides during coughing bouts. The cough will worsen from lying down, being alone, and while drinking, singing, laughing, and talking.
If the condition is worse or there is no improvement then consult a homeopathic doctor for well selection of the medicine.