Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti BhatYour feedback matters!
Sir I want to stop smoking. I don't know to how want to stop smoking. My hands are started swearing sir. Give me a good result.
Sir I get frustrated for short matter and I also become happy for small matter. Sir please give me some opinion about this.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 24 years old and I get tired easily, I am unable to remember much things. I forget them sooner. This makes my work and many more things uncomfortable for me to deal with. More than that I get sad or I tend to worry too much about my future I am unable to socialize since I was raised in a very worst past with no care from my father and mother.
As I am smoking from last 3 years, so how speedy my heart nd lungs will recover if I quit or smoke occasionally.
I am having agoraphobia taken counselling sessions and cbt. Take medication as an when required lonazep .5 mg. How can I overcome anxiety and fear.
It is obvious for your little ones to feel anxious and uncomfortable when they have to bid a temporary farewell to you. Though you may be at your wits’ end in dealing with the tantrums, tears and clinginess of your kids, this is a normal stage in the child’s mental growth. With the help of coping strategies, you can help your child come out of the disorder quite easily.
Helping kids deal with separation anxiety:
You can easily aid your kids overcome the separation anxiety by making them feel comfortable and safer. You should try to create a sympathetic ambience at home to make your child feel at ease and talk to the school authorities if they can be a bit compassionate about the child.
Learn the reasons behind the anxiety: When you are aware of what makes your child feel anxious when he or she is separated from you, you will be able to offer better solutions and empathise with your child’s struggles.
Listen to what your child says: As a responsive parent, you must listen to what your child is feeling and have respect towards it. If a child is feeling isolated, he or she can be healed back to a normal state when they are listened to with proper care and sympathy.
Discuss about the issue: A child feels much relieved when he or she knows that there is someone to talk about his or her anxiety and fears. You should refrain from telling kids to stop thinking about it, and instead, tenderly remind the child how bravely he or she survived the last separation without any harm.
Anticipate the difficulty faced by your child: you should be prepared for transition moments in which your child may feel immensely anxious, such as going to school or meeting friends for playing. In case your child feels more comfortable separating from the other parent than you, it is wise to let the other parent handle the separation moment.
Offer a consistent schedule throughout the day: You must never underestimate the significance of predictability for your child with separation anxiety issues. When you offer them a consistent schedule pattern for a day, they can easily cope with the anxiety with the passage of time. In case there are going to be any alterations in the schedule, you must speak with your kids about it ahead of time.
With these small steps, you can help your small child deal with separation anxiety. But in case you feel that the situation is out of control, and you are unable to control your kids, it is probably time to seek professional help.
Hi, I am trying to be a normal person and I am in love, but I am very worried that I am behaving very different like suspicious and doubtful. I know that I don't have to worry about her behavior but from my inside some devils comes out and forcing me to think bad about our relationship. I'm helpless what should i do ?
I am a singer by profession from mumbai. I'm suffering from vocal nodules from last 6 months. I have a big size polyp in my right vocal chord. Its been 4 months m taking regular treatment. Homeopathy medicine plus vocal therapy from a renowned doctor in mumbai. But still only 20 to 30% recovery is there. I'm really tensed as my whole career depends on my voice. please suggest what should I do to get recover soon.
Respected Sir, My age is 32 years. I was taking alcohol daily before 5 years. But from 2 years i have quite. But now a days when I take drink occasionally sometimes I feel very hot, my face get red, and my heart beat goes fast. So please tell me what is wrong in my body. Also I have diabetes from 1 year. But I maintain my sugar level properly.
I am, Having strokes of anxiety in different situations. It originate from abdomen nd go to head in the process body is hardened. Normally I am ok or not.
Hi doctor, I do not know what is the problem with me but I use to take all the faults on me and if something happens bad to the one close to me thn I use to feel the most guilty. In one thing going wrong I get all the bad time recalled nd feel guilty. I use to cry becoz of all this. All this causes tension and that cause acidity. I do not knw abt whats wrong with me. Please give me some solution so that all this unwanted things goes out of my mind.
I am 31 years old. I don't like people I don't want to talk anybody. I rarely laugh and if I do I think its only to show people. I always fight with my husband in minor things I sometimes say lies and have fight with my husband. I often want to do suicide. Please tell me what to do?
I am a Marketing professional. Most of the time I am very calm and normal. When I see some wrong things I becoming violent and once I become angry I loose my control and speak whatever it comes and do whatever it may be and this status will be last not more than 10 minutes. Kindly suggest some treatments and some medicines for it.
I had lost somebody whom I love so much I am in a big depression since few months ,i am not able to study, or talk to any one please suggest me wht to do.
I am an 18 year old boy. And I am very afraid of speaking in public. And have a lot if stage fright. I can not talk on stage and got freeze and very nervous. So I did some research on the internet and I got that I should take some propranolol. So should I take it. And how should I take it. Please help me.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.