Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruthi ShahYour feedback matters!
An iron deficiency can mean that you aren’t able to produce enough oxygen-carrying red blood cells — therefore your body struggles to transport oxygen to your brain, tissues, muscles and cells, leaving you feeling exhausted and weak.
2. Muscle function
Iron is needed for muscle movement because it helps store the oxygen in muscles that allows them to move and strengthen. About 70 percent of your body’s iron can found in the red blood cells of your blood called hemoglobin along with muscle cells called myoglobin. It accepts, stores, transports and releases oxygen.
3. Brain function
The brain is very dependent on oxygen for proper function. If iron is not present, the brain does not receive the oxygen it needs, resulting in poor memory, decreased productivity and apathy. Children with iron deficiency tend to become irritable, restless and are unable to pay attention in class. These symptoms typically disappear once iron levels are restored.
Pregnant women should consume more iron-rich foods than anyone else since not only do they require iron, but they also need to meet the needs of the fetus and placenta. Pregnant women’s iron needs are around 27 milligrams daily, and this is often covered in a prenatal multivitamin.
According to the world health organization, iron deficiency during a pregnancy can increase the risk of maternal and infant mortality, premature birth, and low birthweight.
5. Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome is a condition characterized by uncomfortable feelings in your legs, giving you a strong urge to move them in order to find relief. Low iron levels are known to play a role in the occurrence of restless leg syndrome.
Used for dysentry, diarrhoea, febrile diarrhoea, amoebiasis, ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) etc.
Many brands of syrup based kutaj extract with bilav etc are available for use in infants, children also.
No side effects
My wife has pregnancy of 7 week but doctor said there is no heartbeat is observed. Doctor sail my wife has to take 8 to 10 injection in two month name y sact. Please give suggestion what to do? till now she had taken two injection. Doctor told we can see result after one week. We have to go for check up on 1/5/2015. Please give your suggestions.
I am suffering from the problem of irregularities since last 8 months nd this month also my periods are 3 weeks late even now I dnt have sign for having it what should I do?
Hi she had unprotected sex 3 days back and feels like she is pregnant and as the pill should only be taken with in 72hr which have already passed, is there an alternate medicine to stop pregnancy if in case she is pregnant. We read on website that there is an emergency contraceptive pill that can be taken with in 120hrs of unprotected sex. Can you help with the name of it or with a plan B.
I've fibroid in my uterus and I'm also pregnant. please tell me Is any complications in my delivery time. My due date is June 18th. My doctor said that I've 95% cesarian chance. Is it true.
I am 20 year old girl from few days I am observing that my left breast have became little big then right breast I m worried about it. Please tell me that whether its a symptom of breast cancer? and what should I do now.
An indian kitchen is full of health benefits. Indian cooking is such that almost every ingredient has some benefit or another.
Few herbs and their benefits are:
1. Garlic is a cure: raw garlic has immense health properties. It has cancer prevention and cure properties, boosts the immune system, cures infections & allergic reactions, cures colds, fevers & flu apart from having anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. What one needs to do it eat half to one clove of garlic every single day. This will maintain immunity and prevention of internal infections. Ear infections can be treated with garlic and oil. This oil can be made by adding 5-6 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil, keeping it aside for three to four days. After that, strain the oil and keep in a tight bottle.
2. Ginger, peppermint and fennel for stomach - these everyday food items aid digestion, digestive cramps and relieve gas. They also help heartburn and stop nausea & vomiting. These herbs are ideal for your digestion, making life easy. All three can be consumed in the form of tea.
3. Cinnamon for weight loss - has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is also good for weight loss. It has been proven that it kills bacteria and viruses up to almost 100%. It is advised to include it in tea or have a pinch of cinnamon powder with your early morning lemon-honey water.
4. Aloe vera completely heals - aloe vera has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It is also known to heal burns and wounds, soothes stomach and helps multiple skin ailments.
5. Oregano fights diseases - oregano is a powerful antibiotic and happens to be more effective in neutralizing germs in comparison to chemical antibiotics.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I had sex with my boyfriend before marriage and my marriage was fixed with some other person later, can I have safe sex with my husband or any chances to get HIV.
I have my c-section 6 month back, but haven't met with my menstruation till now, is there any problem?
My wife have polycystic kidneys also in liver. Can cyst in kidneys & liver curable, due to this cyst she have hyper blood pressure. Thanks with Regards Sanjeev Kumar.
Mai bahut patli hu kya karu achhe health ke liye doctor gave me Avery sure itable suggested me please give me some medicine too.
Pregnant lady can have sex during 5th month pregnancy?? Is there any harm to mother or baby if sperm go inside vagina??
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is found in plant foods. It passes through the body undigested, keeping your digestive system clean and healthy, easing bowel movements, and flushing cholesterol and toxins out of the body.
Good sources include
Bran-- oat bran, wheat bran, rice bran.
Beans--- black beans, lentils, kidney beans, white beans, french beans, mung beans, yellow beans.
Whole wheat--- barley, popcorn, oats, millet, wheat flour (whole wheat), brown rice, bread (whole wheat), wheat crackers, spaghetti (whole wheat).
Fruits--- banana, pear, orange, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, figs.
Nuts--- almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, raisins, sesame seeds, flaxseed.
Vegetables--- spinach, broccoli, mustard greens, red cabbage, sprouts, green peas, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potato.
In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber.
Dietary fiber, along with a well balanced diet, is important for good health.
Your daily dose should be 25 to 30 grams of fiber.
It is an important nutrient with many health benefits.
Digestive system--- fiber normalizes bowel movements and relieve constipation, inflammation of the intestine, hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome (ibs), gastroesophageal reflux disorder (gerd) and ulcers.
Heart disease--- eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering ldl (bad) cholesterol and improve levels of hdl (good) cholesterol, reduce risk for metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease and stroke, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Diabetes--- diet high in fibre can lower risk for type 2 diabetes.
Cancer--- high fiber rich diet can help prevent colorectal cancer and also lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health--- when yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne and eating fiber can flush toxins out of body, improving the health and appearance of the skin.
Weight loss--- aiding digestion and preventing constipation, fiber adds bulk to the diet, help in losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight. Since fiber stays in the stomach longer, the feeling of fullness will stay much longer and will eat less.