Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruthi ShahYour feedback matters!
My ultrasound report: Uterus:- normal size retroverted uterus seen with 10 mm size intramural myoma in ant wall Lt ovary has a post ovulated irregular cyst rt ovary is normal cervix. And endometrium are normal Minimal fluid in pod seen. Sir/madam please can you tell us what is in report.
Hiii I am 27 years female. I am 4 months pregnant. Last scan showed that I have a problem of low lying placenta. Pls help me.
Hypothyroid and PCOS. What food to eat and avoid? Currently on medications for thyroids and actively trying to conceive. Kindly advice of fertility rich foods.
It might seem difficult to overcome feelings of it but there are in fact various ways you can deal with it. It is often observed that an individual feels ashamed or guilty about their urges.
In most cases, sexual repression stems from certain social and cultural norms. It affects both the sexes and generally sets off from an early age. Following are the ways to overcome sexual repression:
1. Teach yourself various sexual values - Whenever thoughts of sexual repression cloud your mind and lowers your sexual urges, try getting rid of these thoughts gradually. Replace your depressing thoughts with thoughts about sex being a natural activity. Teach yourself to look at sex differently and stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.
2. Avoid taking negative opinions regarding sex from other people - You might long for a company when you are miserable and sexually repressed. Talking to people who are sexually repressed themselves will do little good as they might impose their own feeling on you. It's best not to take their advice or argue with them. Instead, you can form your own sexual values and strengthen them over time.
3. Be more vocal about sex - This conversation is not the one where you make sexual jokes or is otherwise completely irrelevant and of little use. Pour it and try conveying your feelings to people who are close and empathetic towards you. Interact with your partner and ask about their opinion on sexual repression and healthy sexual ideas.
4. Expose yourself to the sexual values of different culture - According to studies, Holland and Austria are among the most sexually liberal countries. Italy is also considered moderately liberal about its sexual values. You can try knowing about the various countries like Japan which is among the sexually repressed nations. Learning about various ways and forms of sexual repression will broaden our outlook and make you look at sex differently altogether. In a way, it can help you deal with your own sexual repression.
Related Tip: What If You Have Unprotected Sex??
Can I have unprotected sex with my gf after her periods are over. Her periods stopped on 24/09/16. And we do not want pregnancy. What are the safest way to have unprotected sex.
Laughter works wonderfully well in the moment but it also has some surprising long term health benefits.
Laughter can blood pressure.
Laughter increase vascular blood flow and oxygenation of blood.
Give a workout to the diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg, and back muscles.
It reduce stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
It defend against respiratory infections, reducing frequency of colds by immunoglobulin in saliva.
Laughter can increase memory, learning.
So lets laugh and stay physically healthy as well as mentally to.
I had a sex with my wife some days ago then I have loose a sperm on her vagina after that clean with the cloth it. But she can't get on time period. She date is 16 so it can be dangerous for us. Either she get a pregnant?
Tips to stay healthy during the winter season
Are you ready for cold and flu season? if you want to avoid being sick and feeling like you have to go to the doctor to get antibiotics and other drugs, now is the time to be thinking about prevention!
To that end, here's some great tips to strengthen your body's immune system during the winter season.
Drink the optimal amount of water. With the winter season here, it's more important than ever to consume the right amount of water for your health.
Keep stress to a minimum. Studies have linked high stress levels to making a person more susceptible to catching colds and flu. Minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job. Aim for at least one night per week to spend with friends and family. If your stress is out of hand and you feel like you need some help, let me know.
Eat a healthy diet. Maintaining a good healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal amounts of organic meats is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Try eating an extra piece of fruit or veggie every day too!
Exercise regularly. It is important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather.
Get the right amount of sleep every night. The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you're not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is very much like fuel that recharges your batteries! you've got to do it to keep the machine running.
Wash your hands regularly. Keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands and out of your mouth and eyes. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by for those instances where you can't get to soap and water.
Don't smoke. Most of you already know this, but it bears repeating because smoking significantly weakens your immune system. If you want to quit and have tried everything else, let me know. I have some nutritional recommendations that can help you quit!
Eliminate all forms of sugar. This includes not only the obvious kinds (cake, cookies and sweets, in general), but bread, pasta, rice, yogurt and commercial, store-bought fruit juices. Although all of these things are made with different types of sugars, your body still converts them to sugar, which will compromise your immune system.
Doctor I have had unprotected sex after a few minutes when I saw I am bleeding i.e my period came, should I take I pill? Is der another way without tkng dt emergency pill?
Well, I still face irregular periods time to time. And my stomach tends to become bigger as I approach my periods. I would get stomach ache before during my periods but now no pain. Please let me know what causes this? And is it anything I should be worried about.
I take unwanted 72 after 60 hours of unprotected sex but there is no blood or periods will come after taking this in 2 , 3 days what does it mean ? M pregnant or not ?
Hello sir, I had unprotected sex on 16 and my period date was on 25 buw got my period on 20 and it lasted for five days with some small blood clots .first day and second day was medium flow third day to some extent medium and day fourth low and day five normal spotting cn I be expecting Nd still any chances of pregnancy?
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Doctor. I am a 21 year old Girl. I was on my periods on 5th October 2016 nd they finished exactly on 9th October 2016. The Next day i.e. On 10th October 2016, Me and My boyfriend did sex three times and used a condom as well. But with a fear of getting pregnant we both decided to give me a pill of unwanted-72 for safer side and I took that pill at that day only. Then on 15th October 2016, again we both did sex twice and used a condom but then again because of the fear of getting pregnant I again took a pill of unwanted-72 with mutual consent. Doctor. My next periods were supposed to come on 4th or 5th November but today is 13 November 2016 and My periods are not coming and because of this thing I am in severe depression. In between the dates of 28th October nd 5th October. I was feeling the pain of coming periods but that didn't came at anytime instead something white transparent kind of gel came out of my vagina on regular days till now and very uneven smell is also felt over my undergarment nd in vagina. I am taking eggs, coffee, garlic, hot water for the periods to come but they r appearing as of no use to me. I also took the tablets of regular Forte for one day which guarantees the coming of periods in 24 hours of taking but it didn't work as well. I also took pregnancy tests 4 times at alternative days with the test kits available in the market (PREGA NEWS, Pii- Prega Test, Alere- HCG one step pregnancy test device) but they all delivered negative results with a red-pinkish line on C alphabet. Now I don't understand why my periods are not coming. Doctor. Please Help me out this stressing situation. Exams are on my head and just because of this thing I am unable to do my studies. It'll be a geat help please Help me out of this. Doctor please suggest me how my periods come?
I am suffering from pcod from the past four years. I have consulted many doctors but didnt worked for me. Because of pcod i am loosing my skin tone, hairs and gained too much of weight.
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??