Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shruthi ShahYour feedback matters!
she is Really nice doctor, she heared me well, helped me to get out of all myths. checked me properly. She advice me what to be done and helped me with all my Confusion's. she is the I guess one of the best doctors for females to share and speak openly with th problems n get right solution for it. Very calm n the way she treats her patients is like a friend and her smile will make you more comfortable to tell what you are going through. Iam going to be with same gynecologist whenever I need. She is really amazing.
My wife got ESR TEST RESULT AS 90. IS IT DANGEROUS? WHICH MEDICINE IS TO BE USED TO REDUCE. SHE IS SUFFERING FROM 2LEGS PAIN. PL REPLY.
I'm having tummy pain while my periods and sometimes so tired and back pain while period please suggest me some medicine or exercise or home remedy fr this.
I come to know that I am suffering from pcod so what should I take in diet and how can I cure it naturally.
Hi We have Successfully completed 6 months married life. But still there is good news.we are trying to conceive Please help. What should I do .
Am Meeting my husband on June 15 to 17th June, and I intend to have sex for the 1st time. I will b delaying my periods for a week (from 7th to 14th may) using primolut n due to an occasion. I intend to start oral Contraceptives from the day I get periods after that (I. E approx 15th may) Till what time I need to continue ocps-Till 17th June or 15th july? please answer specific date til which I have to continue my Ocp.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients which play an absolutely pivotal role in protecting your body from a number of diseases and disorders, such as flu and colds. Additionally, it helps in boosting the body's calcium synthesis abilities, in rebuilding of damaged blood vessels and bones as well as tissue repair and boosting of overall immunity of the body. It is an essential part of the diet and should not be overlooked in any case.
Some of the major foods, which are a rich source of Vitamin C are as follows:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits, including limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits etc. are one of the most popular sources of vitamin C in the world, and are laden with a high number of good properties.
- Strawberries: One of the healthiest and tastiest berries, strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They help in protecting the heart from excessive cholesterol and in reducing levels of oxidative stress.
- Papayas: One of the most excellent sources of vitamin C, papayas have been known to supply almost 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs in a single serving. Additionally, they are also a great source of Vitamin A.
- Kiwis: Research has found that levels of vitamin C found in kiwis are substantially higher than oranges; something which makes this New Zealand native one of the most lucrative vitamin C options on the planet. Additionally, kiwis have also been found to improve the functioning of the respiratory tract in children as well as adults and are also rich in flavonoids and minerals like potassium.
- Guavas: One guava contains over 250mg of vitamin C, which is approximately twice the amount of what your body requires daily. Apart from being a storehouse of vitamin C, it is also rich in folic acid, dietary fiber and minerals like manganese and potassium.
- Melons: Melons such as cantaloupe not only supply a high quantity of vitamin C, they are also rich in potassium and vitamin A. Other melons like watermelons also provide you with almost 112% of your regular Vitamin C requirements.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, irrespective of whether they are bright red or sun dried, provide almost 170% of your daily Vitamin C requirements in only one serving.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency"
Hello Doctor, I have been married since 8 months. Before my marriage I had leukorrhea I guess. I was taking homeopathic medicines for this but there was no effect .then it gotta cured by itself .again this problem started from last few days. I am getting weaker day by day. Losing interest in everything .constant irritation and itching happening with large amount of mucosal white discharge but no fowl odour. decreased appetite and light brownish urination too. Suffering with stomach ache and nausea continuously. Please help me out. Thanks.
Did you know that you spend 1/3rd of your life sleeping? Sleep allows your body to repair and detoxify itself after a hard day’s work. When you’re sleeping, a plethora of activities take place in your body, which are essential for your physical, emotional and mental well-being. Read on to find out what happens to your different body parts after you’ve drifted off…
Even though activity in the brain’s cortex (the outer part of the brain) falls by about 40% in the first few stages of sleep, your brain still continues to remain extremely active; especially in the final stage. During the REM phase your brain activity increases with your blood flow rising considerably in those areas of the brain that are responsible for processing emotional experiences and memories.
Like the brain, even the eyes are active when you’re asleep and the movement of your eyes is indicative of the different stages of sleep. REM (rapid eye movement) sleep denotes deep sleep and occurs in the first 90 minutes of falling asleep (which is dreamless sleep). On the other hand, NREM sleep (non-rapid eye movement) is when you’re dreaming and your sleep quality is rather poor in comparison. This takes place during the later part of your sleep.
Your immune system is also hard at work during sleep. It increases the production of certain kinds of proteins that help the body to fight against infections. Poor sleep can cause the body’s immune system to weaken, making you vulnerable to chronic infections.
During sleep, your body’s temperature goes down as there’s a slowing down of the body’s metabolic rate, leading to burning of fewer calories. Additionally, a low body temperature is essential for allowing your body to rest and repair.
During the day, your skin experiences sun damage and is in the continuous process of shedding away dead skin cells. To repair the damage caused by external factors as well as loss through shedding, is why the metabolic rate of your skin is at its peak when you’re sleeping. It is at this time when your cells witness increased production and a reduced breakdown of protein, which helps in repairing your skin and keeping it young and healthy.
The mouth is also a place of decreased activity when you sleep. When you sleep, your saliva production sees a drop, leading to the common morning condition of a dry mouth. During the day this is not so as saliva is constantly produced to keep your mouth hydrated.
During sleep your body changes its position about 35 times, but despite the changes, the muscles of the body are always in a relaxed state. This enables the tissues to restore and repair themselves.
Since your body’s requirement for energy is low during sleep time, the pace of activity in the digestive system notices a slowdown. The body’s inactive state prevents stomach acids and enzymes from turning the food into energy.
While hormone levels of corticosteroids (stress hormone) and adrenaline fall during sleep, there’s an increase in your body’s production of the growth hormone (which promotes the maintenance, growth and repair of your bones and muscles). The hormone melatonin, which is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle, rises during sleep as well. Additionally, sex, fertility and hair follicle stimulating hormones are secreted more during sleep.
Your heart rate decreases by 10 to 30 beats per minute when you’re asleep, which causes a decline in your blood pressure as well. Your blood is responsible for the disposal of toxins from your body. During rest, there’s a decrease in the breakdown of tissues and cells, which allows the body to repair them. Furthermore, during the state of sleep, your blood tends to flow from the brain causing your arteries to expand and your limbs to become bigger.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
Because of my post pregnancy I have a very big tummy now any natural thing that helps me to put my tummy in.
Become physically active every day which will improve your posture, muscle strength and balance and will prevent you from falling ill.
Hello sir I am suffering from pcos in 2012 at that time menses are irregular I take medicine krimson-35 at present my menstrual cycle is regular but some time it can't come on time I don't whether the pcos is cured or not but I gain weight too much my height is 5 feet 6 inch nd weight is 76 kgs my age is 22. Nd I also don't eat too much. How can I lose this weight nd can pcos is cured.
What for tidilan retard is used. I am 28 weeks pregnant. My doctor advised me to take this as I am travelling for the next three days.
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.