Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShruthiYour feedback matters!
Can I do yoga and cardio together. First I start with yoga (10 min) and then cardio (20 min) is it ok or it is harmful. I do yoga because I feel relaxed and it reduçes my stress and worries, but at same I am gaining weight due to yoga so I started doing cardio after yoga is it ok will it helps to reduce weight ? Help pls.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed with a small size ovarian cyst (right ovary) one month ago. I completed the 21 day treatment. Doctor gave me femilon and height tablets. I am getting an unbearable pain in my lower back and lower abdomen. It's been 20 days now since I have stopped my medicine. I got my periods after completing the treatment. I got my last period on 8th august. One more thing, I never missed my periods, I was very much regular with my periods neither I had an sexual activity. What can be the problem for this unbearable pain?
I had sex with my girlfriend and now her vagina is paining and she is getting loo many times. How to stop this and pain. please suggest.
Hi Experts, Can anybody let me know what is the purpose of Susten 300 mg tablets. Currently my periods are missing and my doctor gave me to take this tablet. Please suggest! Thanks, Warm Regards, Shagufa.
For thousands of years, people have been using essential oils for poison ivy, due to their anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Poison ivy is a plant that grows in many parts of the united states, typically either as a shrub or a trailing vine, depending on your region. Scientifically known as toxicodendron radicans, this plant causes serious allergic reactions in more than 80% of the people who come in contact with it, and can cause severe reactions in a smaller segment of the population. If eaten or smoked, this plant can be fatal. The most identifying characteristic of this unassuming plant is the three-pointed leaf clusters, which tend to have a glossy surface. The sap of these leaves is extremely high in an irritating chemical named urushiol, which is what causes the reactions on the skin.
The symptoms of poison ivy can develop if you physically touch the plant or if the sap has been brushed on any other object, ranging from your pant leg or shoe to your pet or lawn furniture. The mostnotable symptom is extreme itchiness, along with redness or swelling of the skin in a spreading rash. In severe reactions, blisters or hives may also appear. Simple solutions like washing or taking anti-inflammatory medication may help some of the symptoms, but the use of essential oils for poison ivy is an even more effective solution. While there are some risks to treating poison ivy in this way, moderate and responsible use can quickly treat this painful and irritating condition.
List of best essential oils for poison ivy:
If you choose to use essential oils for poison ivy, some of the best options are myrrh, cypress, lavender, tea tree, peppermint, eucalyptus, geranium, helichrysum and rose oils.
1. Eucalyptus oil
This essential oil boasts a number of powerful active ingredients including menthol, which can remove the heat and pain from your poison ivy rash. It will quicklysoothe inflammationand promote faster recovery of the damaged skin.
How to use – in most cases, you don’t need to dilute this oil on your skin, as it is not known for being toxic and will absorb almost fully into the skin. Simply apply 4-5 drops of the oil to the inflamed areas 1-2 times per day until the symptoms subside.
￼2. Lavender oil
One of the best things about this oil is its restorative and healing properties. When you use lavender oil on poison ivy symptoms, you can significantly speed up the healing process and soothe inflammation.
How to use – there is no need to dilute this oil, unless you have sensitive skin. Simply apply 4-5 drops of the oil on the site of the rash or inflamed skin, and regularly re-apply until the symptoms have faded.
3. Cypress oil
There is always the danger of secondary infections with poison ivy, as people are prone to scratch those areas of skin. Cypress oil has strong antiseptic qualities, meaning that it can protect the rash as it heals, while also soothing inflammation and pain.
How to use – mix this oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or aloe vera gel, and then directly apply it to the site of the inflammation 1-2 times per day.
4. Geranium oil
The anti-allergenic qualities of geranium oil can help quickly soothe the rash or itching that is caused by contact. By preventingadditional histamines from being released and returning the immune system to normal, geranium oil is a quick and effective solution for poison ivy.
How to use – do not use this oil in an undiluted form; instead, mix 5 drops of this oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then gently massage the mixture into the affected areas on the skin.
5. Rose oil
This lesser known oil isn’t always considered for therapeutic purposes, but it can help to control the immune system and reduce the symptoms ofallergic reactions, which is precisely what a poison ivy flare-up is. This oil will also promote healing and soothe pain, when used in moderate amounts.
How to use – blend 4-5 drops of rose oil with lavender or peppermint oil and apply the mixture to the inflamed, itchy or swollen areas. Re-apply 1-2 times per day until the symptoms and redness disappear.
6. Myrrh oil
By increasing the hydration of the skin and soothing thepain of the rash, myrrh oil can help to speed the healing process following exposure to poison ivy.
How to use – many people choose to add 10 drops of myrrh oil to a bath and then take a long soak in the tub to properly soothe and stimulate healing on the painful areas of the body.
7. Tea tree oil
Widely considered one of the best essential oils for poison ivy, tea tree oil is able to reduce inflammation, prevent secondary infections, eliminate pain and promote a faster healing process when you’ve brushed up against some poison ivy.
How to use – you should always blend tea tree oil with other carrier oils, as it can worsen inflammation in some cases. After mixing 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of olive or jojoba oil, gently massage the oils on the inflamed skin.
8. Peppermint oil
If you want to relieve inflammation and soothe a burning and itching sensation on the skin, few things are better than peppermint oil. Packed with antioxidants and active ingredients such as menthol, it is able to cool and soothe inflammation, while also protecting against secondary infections and reducing your urge to itch.
How to use – you can use undiluted peppermint oil directly on the site of a poison ivy rash, but if you tend to have sensitive skin, you may want to dilute the oil slightly with olive or coconut oil.
9. Helichrysum oil
There are rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory compounds found in helichrysum oil that can quickly eliminate pain and speed the healing process, while also modulating thebody’s immune response to lessen the severity of the allergic reaction.
How to use – blend 5 drops of helichrysum oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then gently massage it onto the affected area. Repeat this process 1-2 times per day until the redness and irritation are gone.
A word of warning
Choosing to use essential oils for poison ivy is an effective remedy, but there are a few potential risks of which you should be aware. The concentrated chemicals in essential oils can make skin inflammation even worse, particularly in people with sensitive skin, and some people are also allergic to the base plant/herb of certain essential oils. While all poison ivy reactions may seem serious, it is critical to seek medical attention if the rash spreads to a large part of your body, the pain isn’t alleviated by at-home remedies, or if you experience any respiratory symptoms, such as shortness of breath. If you have been exposed to poison ivy, it is usually best to speak with a doctor before going for any alternative remedy such as using essential oils, to determine your individual risks.
The human body never fails to amaze us. Every day you discover something new, something mesmerizing about your body. Many of the interesting facts about the human body will leave you astounded and open-mouthed in awe.
If you think you know your body well, think again! The following body health facts are sure to swipe you off your feet.
- When it comes to blinking the eyes, women unanimously steal the show. Yes, you heard it right! Women are known to blink their eyes just double the number of times than their male counterparts.
- Here is an interesting fact about your bundle of joy. A newborn baby can swallow and breathe in tandem (for up to 7 months of age). Strange but true!
- Does getting rid of those stubborn extra pounds give you sleepless nights? Men are known to burn the extra calories much rapidly (by almost 50 calories per day) than their female counterparts. A fact not many ladies will relish.
- A smile can win hearts! Here is a reason for you to smile even more. It requires 17 facial muscles for that lovely smile of yours while crying requires nearly 43 muscles.
- The facts about a human brain can leave you baffled. With a memory capacity which is greater than a 4 TB (terabyte) hard drive, there are nearly 1,00,000 chemical reactions taking place in your brain per second.
- Can you believe it? Your ear grows throughout your lifetime and that too, at a speed which is almost a quarter of a millimeter per year. Reasons enough to have your ears ringing!
- Hold your heart tight! This fact is sure to make your heart skip a beat. Do you know the number of times a healthy human heart beats in a year? It is nothing less than 35 million times a year. The surprise doesn't end here. On an average, the amount of blood the heart pumps in one's lifetime is nearly 182 million liters of blood.
- You think the earth is overpopulated? Time for some reality check. The bacterial population that thrives on a person's mouth is close to, or even greater than the total human population on the earth.
- The saliva produced during a person's entire lifetime is enough to fill up almost two swimming pools. A salivating fact indeed!
- This fact is as crazy as it can get. A person is believed to be about 1 cm shorter in the evenings than in the mornings. Now you know when to get yourself clicked full length.
- The sperm is known to be the smallest cell in the human body, while the largest cell is the female egg.
- Another interesting fact states that the cornea of the eye is the only body part that gets oxygen from the air directly. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
There my gf have some stone like structure in the breast and its so painful we consult with the Dr. But they can't b treat with in a month.Now what should I do?
I am a 23 year old female and got married last year, can you suggest tablets for conceive we are planing for pregnancy?
- Fight against excess weight.
- Natural source of energy & stamina.
- Low calorie seeds.
- Good for skin & hair problems
My wife has done ultrasonography today. There found. Ovaries: Right overy is enlarged (71×55 mm) with few (3 in no.) well defined anechoic cysts, largest measuring 37×26 mm Left overy is normal in size (38×18 mm) with a small cysts measuring 17×12 mm. IMPRESSION: bilateral Iberian cysts as described. Now what will I do. Plz, suggest me.
Today is my 21st day when can I do pregnancy test I have irregular periods. On my 14th day I done ovulation test with ovulation kit it is positive.
When was the last time you got vaccinated.
Probably when you were a kid. Or after an injury you might have got a tetanus shot.
However with evolving medicine vaccinations in adults have a major role to play.
Who should take what?
Well that depends on what other diseases you have like diabetes or respiratory conditions or kidney disease or liver disease etc.
However routine adult vaccinations that almost any adult should take are
1. Seasonal influenza vaccine or flu shot. This saves you against swine flu and 2 other common influenza virus strains.
Frequency- once a year
2. Typhoid vaccine - it has been around for some time. But there is a newer version. Which has much more effectiveness in preventing typhoid.
Frequency-once in 3 yrs
3. Pneumococcal vaccine- the newer vaccine prevents you against multiple strains of pneumococci and as the name suggests it will prevent you from severe pneumonia.
Frequency-once in a life time.
4. Hepatitis b- if you have not taken it already then this the time to take. Prevents against hepatitis b. If hepatitis b occurs it can cause chronic liver disease and even liver cancer. The disease can even be spread by sexual routes or contaminated blood transfer. It is about thousand times more easily spread than compared to HIV.
Frequency - 0, 1, 6 months. Booster dose after 10 yrs.
In conclusion as we all know-how prevention is better than cure.
Upcoming vaccine-dengue vaccine, very eagerly awaited.
I am 21 years old I did sex with my boy friend without condom is there any problem ? will i get pregnant ?
Dear Sir/mem, we tried to get pregnant since last 3 year's but still now we have not success for the same, now my wife menses time was on 31st Jan but menses start on 12Feb instead of 31st Jan, and when we checked about pregnancy the result is came negative. Now too much problems in menses and she is fill too much pain in Fallopian tubes. So please guide us for better way to get pregnant, because of we already done course of Medicine with a better doctor for long period. But after that the operation was not success.
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.