Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shriram Joshi S

Urologist, Mumbai

Dr. Shriram Joshi S Urologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Shriram Joshi S
Dr. Shriram Joshi S is a popular Urologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. You can meet Dr. Shriram Joshi S personally at Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre in Mumbai, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Shriram Joshi S and consult privately on

Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre

#15 - Dr. Deshmukh Marg, Road No - 2, 2nd Floor, Pedder Road. Landmark: Near Safiya College, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shriram Joshi S

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Changes You Have To Make When Suffering From An Enlarged Prostate!

MD - General Medicine
Sexologist, Delhi
Changes You Have To Make When Suffering From An Enlarged Prostate!

It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:

Reduce your fluid intake

To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.

Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.

Watch the food that you eat:

Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:

Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.

Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.

Engage in exercises

If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.


I am a 22 years old female. I have both gallstone (just one) and kidney stone (just one) of 4 mm and 2.9 mm respectively. Also I have horse shoe shaped kidney. Is it because of the kidney shape that I have? In addition to this I also have constipation and I am more prone to loose stool. Are these symptoms of something?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Karnal
The gall stone is too small and does not need anything except regular observation. It needs to be removed only if you have too much pain in your upper abdomen. The kidney stone is also very small and it will pass off without any specific medication. Your tendency to constipation and diarrhoea maybe because of some infection or maybe you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. You take a short course of antibiotics under the guidance of a physician. If it is infection ,your symptoms will go and if you are having irritable bowel syndrome you need to see a Gastroenterologist to make final diagnosis and treat you accordingly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Whenever I pass urine particularly in the morning I am having stomach pain. Earlier I had prostate enlarge and it was cured by medicine at that time. Is it due to this or any other. I am having back pain also on my right side.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
It is pain due to prostate enlargement and infection in kidney. May be stone in kidney. Take plenty of water in day time. Avoid spicy and oily meal. Avoid protein meals. Send your reports for better advice. You can take syp. Alkasol 10 ml thrice a day within 1 glass of water.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Please tell me how to reduce the size of right my right testis. Once I went to a doctor. The doctor give me a medicine, by this medicine my testis size reduced but my medicine was finished. Now my size of testis are not completely reduced. There is no pain in my testis. Please tell me the medicine through which the size of testis reduced. I want to be an marine engineer so, please tell me also that in Marin engineering there is any problem by the size of testis in medical.

MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (General Surgery) , Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellow of Indian association og gastro intestinal endo surgeons
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
That depends upon the cause of rise in size. If this was some infection, the size will automatically come to normal over some more weeks. But if you are having hydrocele or some cyst etc. Surgical correction may be required.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am male 35 years old. I am suffering from urethral stricture in bulbar region. Is there any way to treat it without surgery. If no what kind of surgery is recommended.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear simplest way to treat bulbar urethral stricture is by urethral dilatation which may need repeating time and again. If you are looking for semipermanent treatment is viu which is an endoscopic procedure which can also be done under local anaesthesia.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii docter m bar bar bathroom jaata hu. Aur thodi jalan bhi hoti h bathroom karne me ye kyu hota h doctor? Please advise.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear, first get urine examination done to confirm or rule out infection. If urine is normal then sonography (kub) with full bladder volume, bladder wall thickness on full bladder and post-void residual urine volume. If that is nor mal then anal fissure is to be considered which is usually due to constipation and if so treat constipation. Dr. Kiran mehta.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

From past 8-9 days I am getting abdominal pain. 1 month before I got relief from kidney stone. Is this again sign of kidney stone.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
Try the following remedy it will surely help you 1. Take 60 gm kidney beans 2. Add 4 L of water 3. Heat for 4-5 hr 4. Strain the liquid through a fine muslin cloth 5. Allow the liquid to cool 6. Drink 1 glass of this liquid once every 2 hr in a day 7. Do this for a week 8. Do not use the liquid or the beans again 24 hr after the 1st preparation Causes: • Crystallisation of chemicals and minerals present in urine leads to kidney stones it will surely help you.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I suffered from terrible UTI in August last year, for which I also took medicines as prescribed by gynae and it was cured after 15 days, but since then I have developed this problem that every time I pee, I feel like peeing again, and it happens way too many times after I take a shower. It is not painful like it was during UTi but it is very uncomfortable. I feel very irritated in my urinary tract. Also let me also mention, I have a desk job so I do not urinate very frequently and I have not had any physical contact in the last 3 months, so I think getting infection from my partner can be ruled out. Please tell me why is this happening and how can I cure/prevent it in the future.

General Physician,
increased frequency of urine may be due to a recurrence of uti ,you need to get an urine routine and microscopic examination done for that. whereas Increased volume of urine or polyuria may be due to many causes. If blood sugar levels are normal, diabetes mellitus is excluded. First water, sugar,caffeine,alcohol intake needs to be decreased. If problem does not subside after that, 24 hr urine volume measurement need to be done. If its more than 3litrs, then urine and serum osmolality and specific gravity needs to be evaluated. Depending on them serum vasopressin level and desmopressin stimulation test needs to be done later. These tests will exclude central or peripheral diabetes insipidus or polydipsia. Treatments can be done accordingly. Also history of taking any drugs like lithium, demeclocycline, amphotericin b, aminoglycosides etc. Or histry of any cns infections, trauma, surgeries needs to be excluded.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

From last one year I am observing dark red blood (10 to 15 ml) coming from rectum at the end of defecation. It is happening for couple of days in interval of 4 months. I consume alcohol as well as smoke too. My diet is very healthy and homemade mostly.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, Your obeasity may add your problem . You are suffering from bleeding piles. Emedial precautions: your intake be rich in fibber: * whole grain, green leafy, vegetables,rice, bread, pulses,beans, seeds,nuts& oats. * Tk, plenty of water, to regulate metabolism to ease evacuation of stool smoothly without corroding the blood vessels ,causing bleeding, preventing constipation. * no delay going to toilet as it will cause constipation. * loosing weight upto d normal required limit. * exercising regularly. Avoidance: ₹ junk food, caffeine, alcohol,nicotine, spicy,fried intake, pizza, burger, sitting in one posture for a long time. Cycling, biking etc. Remedial recourses: Homeopathic medication is miraculous in d treatment of piles/ haemorrhoids, depending upon associated symptoms of individuals .These are gentle in use ,rapid in action with no adverse effect ,there of. Certain fruitful medicines are/ @ Collinsonia 30-6 pills, thrice. @ Nux vom 30-6 pills, thrice. Report, wkly, your feedback matters. Stay fit & fine.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Urine infection. What medicine should I have. Diet what should I take for kidney disease.

General Physician, Cuttack
1. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glass daily) 2. Do urine examination for re/me, culture&sensitivity and consult doctor for advice 3. You have to take a course of antibiotic for 7-10 days even if you get relief to avoid recurrence 4. Avoid coffee/alcohol/spicy food which irritates bladder.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 19 years old boy & I am having high burning sensation while passing urine in pennis (from 10 mm from starting pennis of ejectory place) from 4 days please sugest can cure from home remedies or to consult a doctor.

Homeopath, Chennai
A burning sensation with urination can be caused by infections (including sexually transmitted infections, or STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea) and noninfectious conditions, but it is most commonly due to bacterial infection of the urinary tract affecting the bladder.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Iam about 20 years. I have pain in my under stomach and also color change in urine. I am so fear about that. I have any problem. Any surgery need. Please say a advice?

M. Sc. Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics, B.Sc-Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Visakhapatnam
You should immediately consult a physician. Consume ajwain, honey, ginger and tulsi tea all together. Start using panch tulsi along with your drinking water on regular basis.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Am 27 years now. My stomach paining a lot suddenly at some days. Getting this sort of pain about 3 times in last 10 months. Consulted with doctor and always saying that would be food poison/stone at kidney. Everytime I get that pain, my doctor used to drip me and some injections. Can you please give your suggestions regarding this pain at stomach.

PGFCP, PGDEMS, Bachelor Of Ayurvedic Medicine And Surgery
Ayurveda, Satara
Hi Lybrate user …. You have to follow some basic things, so that you get better results in a short period of time …. 1) take meals twice in a day only …2) try to take liquid diet as per your body strength …. 3) drink only 100-150 ml of lukewarm water during meals …. 4) don’t drink water before meal for one hour and after meal one hour…5) avoid oily, spicy, junk, fermented and stale foods…. 6) avoid late night sleeping habits …. 7) do exercise regularly in form of walking, jogging, running, cycling, aerobics. For 15-30 minutes as per your strength…. A) Take 10-10ml of ginger juice and honey before meal. B) TAKE 30 ml of maadiphala rasaayan along with 30 ml of lukewarm water after meal. C) take 30 ml of aloe vera juice along with 30 ml of lukewarm water at night before sleep. Follow it for 7 days if it is helpful then give your valuable feedback, if it is not helpful then consult to your family physician…………thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, Doctor I Wanna Ask You a question regarding the fate of success in the kidney transplantation? Is that also if our body cells accepts the kidney still it might fail to work?

General Physician, Mumbai
If our body cells accept the kidney it can fail to work only in case of severe infection in the kidney.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am just married. My hubby wants sex. He tried for anal sex also. I felt pain when he penetrates in my anus. I want to know the fact with anal sex.

Diploma in Family Medicine, M.Sc - Psychotherapy
Sexologist, Pune
Anal sex has its disadvantages, it is painful cause it hurts a tight muscle ring and in the long term may cause anal incontinence, fissures and other injuries. The chances of getting infection are also high. Ask your hubby to learn more about such sexual practices before indulging in them.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Kindly explain KUB (USG) comments for Bladder `Devoid of Abnormal trabeculotions' Any abnormalities in Bladder?

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
A trabeculated bladder is the result of repeated obstructions in the urethra, which cause reduced tone in the muscular wall of the bladder,
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bangalore
For burning micturation or urine
Soak 1/2 tsp of coriander and jeera in half liter water over night and drink next whole day.
12 people found this helpful

I am 59 years old. For the last few times, after having sex, I feel some burning at the top of penis which lasts overnight and after 2-3 urination, it vanishes. I asked my wife if she too feels, but she does not feel anything like that.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, take, homoeo-medicine** @ kreosotum 30-4 doses, thrice a day. * avoid, junk, irritant food by replacing with eazily digestible diet. * take, plenty of water. * go, for meditation for 30 mnts. Take care report, your progress, fortnighly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

As mentioned earlier I had multiple renal calculi when diagnosed with fever and fatigue, I got weight loss of 2 KGS, is fatigue due to this, as weight loss can be due to fasting in ramazan. 1 calculi came out in urine yesterday.

General Physician, Kolkata
Weight loss can be due to fasting, advised- 1. Urine culture &sensitivity. 2. Urea/creatininie, 3. Serum calcium/urea. 4.3-4 ltrs of fluid intake in 24 hrs.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed