Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shriraj
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShrirajYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old male and my teeth have too much gap. Not even this they are also outer side which makes me look feel odd. Please suggest what to do so that gap may decrease and outside also.
Ayurveda talks of five elements in our body. To be healthy, these five elements must be well balanced. These five elements are earth, fire, water, air and ether. Each of these elements have their own characteristics and are responsible for different bodily functions.
While the earth elements represent stability and look after parts of our body, such as the bones, teeth, cells and tissue; the fire elements represent transformation of energy and are responsible for the functioning of the digestive system, nervous reactions and thought processes.
The air elements characterize change and are largely responsible for the circulatory system and temperature regulation. Similarly, air and ether have their own characteristics and responsibilities.
The fire element is also known as agni. There are 13 types of agni in the body. The digestive agni is seated in the lower part of the stomach and small intestine and is made up of various acids and enzymes. This agni is responsible for determining each person’s dietary needs, the absorption of nutrients and burning of waste materials. Thus, a strong agni enables us to digest our food well while a weak agni leads to problems like indigestion and the creation of toxins. According to Ayurveda, the buildup of these toxins is responsible for most diseases. At the same time, an overactive agni can also be detrimental to your health. In such cases, instead of absorbing nutrients, the digestive system produces excessive heat that burns them.
A weak agni is most likely to be caused by a number of reasons. Some of these factors are such that you might not ever think twice about such as:
Eating the same type of food repetitively
Eating food out of sync with your constitution
Eating tasteless food
Irregular meal timing
Drinking too much water with your meals
Not eating when hungry
Not maintaining a regular sleep schedule and
Absence of exercise
Changing the above habits can immediately improve your agni and in turn your digestive system and overall health. Apart from this there are also a few ayurvedic ways to improve your agni. These are:
Adding pungent spices like cumin and chilli to meals
Drinking ginger tea
Eating more small meals at frequent intervals rather than a few large meals.
Eating pitta pacifying food such as ripe, juicy fruits, rice and butter.
- Include herbs that enhance the functioning of agni, such as black pepper, cinnamon, aloe vera and fennel seeds in your diet. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hair falling profusely is a very common problem that many people face in their daily lives. The reason can range from environmental factors to biological ones. Being aware of the causes is the first step in preventing serious hair fall.
Can you identify with the following causes?
1. Smoking - Smoking can cause you to lose a significant amount of hair. Several studies suggest that smokers have a higher chance of going bald, with individuals who have a history of this condition in the family being more prone than others. Smoking causes the blockage of pores on the scalp surface, thereby reducing blood flow to the scalp. The effects of smoking on hair include poor hair quality and subsequent degradation. Smoking also brings about the early graying of your hair.
2. Steroids - The use of steroids by individuals who suffer from male pattern baldness can significantly increase their chance of hair fall. This happens as the usage causes an increase in the dihydrotestosterone hormones, which is responsible for hair loss.
3. Antibiotics - Taking antibiotics can have an adverse effect on your hair follicle. It decreases the levels of hemoglobin in your blood as well as minerals and vitamins stores in your cells. When this happens, it accelerates your hair fall rate.
4. Cancer - Cancer also affects your hair quality and causes you to become bald or thins out your hair. It's the radioactive rays in chemotherapy that causes your hair to fall out at a faster rate. Many a time, hair is also lost from the eye area, armpit, and pubic areas. The loss of hair generally starts within 2-4 weeks following the commencement of the treatment. The hair loss rate could be in clumps or little by little. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have very much hair fall for that I went hospitals but no use tell me that how can I reduce hair fall?
I have dry cough and fever because of which I feel too low my back pain is increasing day by day. Can you help me.
Squint in my right eye. It started about three years back after being diagnosed diabetes type 2. Please suggest suitable treatment. If it is surgery whether it is painful. Suggest suitable treatment to be undergone.
Are you not happy with how your nose looks? No! Well there’s nothing to be upset about it. Nature may have done injustice to you. But man made adjustments are there to help you. Thanks to Rhinoplasty or plastic surgery on the nose that can boost your beauty. It is the most common cosmetic surgeries performed across the world. While most persons do this for reconstruction, others undergo this surgery for aesthetic purposes.
Even though, it is a common method, popular among the mases there are several myths surrounding this concept. Some of the most common myths regarding this method are as follows:
- Plastic Surgery gives plastic results: Many people may derive a wrong and misleading meaning of the word ‘plastic.’ The word comes from a Greek term, meaning ‘to mould’ or ‘to form.’ The surgery, therefore, gives you natural-looking results. A good surgeon will shape things closer to real appearance.
- Surgery is the only option: Surgery is not the only way to reshape your nose. It can be corrected using dermal fillers such as Radiesse or Juvederm. Fillers can camouflage the dorsal hump. It can add volume and give you a smooth line profile. But these injections have a temporary effect.
- Patients need general anesthesia always: Some patients may have to be under general anaesthesia during rhinoplasty. But it is not mandatory for everyone. Sedation is used for the minor changes. The patient will not be completely unconscious. But, they will not feel pain in the part, which is being reshaped.
- It cannot be performed outside a hospital: It can be performed at special clinics. You need not be always admitted to a hospital. Sedation may be used for keeping you away from the pain.
- There will be scars: Incisions made on the base of the nose or anywhere outside will go away with time. They will not be visible from a conversational distance.
- You can outgrow your dislike for the nose: It’s a matter of perception. Your perception towards your nose might not change even after the waxing and waning. You may be always unhappy about its shape or look.
- Any plastic surgeon can do this: It is a very complex operation. A millimetre can change things altogether. A slight deviation may make a huge difference. It can only be performed by someone who is a specialist in this subject and has considerable experience in these surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.