Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shrilaxmi S. PatkarYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am the mother of 4 years 6 months girl child. I want to conceive next issue. M trying which is the healthy way to conceive healthy child without complicacy.
Madam, I am 34 years women, I have thyroid for 3 months, I have one child, no periods regularly and face, legs big. Please suggest my problems.
Severe fungal infection in groins and legs. Since last 1 year. I have taken allopathy, homeopathy. But after certain time period. The infection again starts. Once I stop the medicines.
Whenever I was in periods there is heavy pain occur in my belly and back. So that I can not even walk or move. Was it normal? Because some of girls don't have any pain during this.
Last week me and my girlfriend got intimate and I kissed and Pressed her boobs hard. Het nipples then started paining for few days. I also inserted my finger half way inside her vagina. She didn't get her periods that time. Now yesterday she told me then till now she didn't get her period and she is worried. I want to know is there anything wrong with her?
My wife is 5 months pregnant I have a doubt we can have a sex upto which month now we are bot participating can you pls clear the doubt.
I know will that my 44 years old wife has hormonal deficiency. Symptoms are hair loss No interest in sex Pain in breast but no any disease fond. I do not want to go for any hormones test. Is any medicine for my wife. As on the base of doctor's experience.Please tell.
I'm a 21 years old girl have been missing period since last two months i'm very active in sex but I m not getting any symptomp of pregnancy neither postive hpt.
Hello doctor. I am 22 nd I've 8 month pregnancy. My last period date was 4 March, bt my doctor tell me that your pregnancy month start in 23 March. Thus my month change date is 23. Bt I dnt feel so. Is it possible. How I knw my delivery date.
I'm unmarried 21 years old. I have an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 April, 2016. Now i'm so much scared of being getting pregnant. Coz my periods are always regular and comes on time at the gap of 25-26 days. But this month it comes 5 days late on 9thMay, 2016 with less bleeding not as always. I feel very uncomfortable from 1 week suffering from headache, heart pain, heartburn, breast tenderness-soreness-tingles, constipation, white creamy vaginal cervical mucus, feeling tired sleepy all day long. I'm so scared so tensed. On 21st May, 2016 i'll take an home pregnancy test with Preganews it comes negative. But my body symptoms make me depressed. Plzz plzz plzz help me i'm unmarried I can't take any risk. I know I did big mistake I realize it but now I'm in big problem. Suggest me please as soon as possible. Is there any Lady Doctor in Kanpur, who help me out from this situation with 100% privately. Coz i'm unmarried privacy is very important for me.
Refresh in each break (3-5min after every 20-30min) by sprinkling n washing eyes n face) while working on screens of monitors computers.
One can use rose water or simple water swabs to cool eyes or wash with trifala (5gms soaked overnight) 100ml of (clear) water in the early morning
Reduce salty food habits. N extra pungent too
Add yoga balanced exercise, add floral veggies, milk n cream n clarified fat to diet sos almond oil
Habit of massage before bed by castor oil on feet by kasya (special metal) patra u'll find at malls of kitchen wear.
Encouraging boost you'll get by
Basti detox therapy in monsoon
Blood donation in oct heat followed by virechan therapy n rasaya, and if your vision fluctuates with diabetes insist for tarpan therapy too
Professional care required for swimmers.
Though ayurveda proved to great extent on prevention but the same drugs n therapies now scientifically significant on simple allergic conjunctivitis to hypertensive pathology n diabetic retinal detachment.
I need a consultation and guidance. I took I pill after unprotected sex (after one week of my periods). I am not sure if my partner ejaculated in my vagina or not. But I washed my private part immediately. I took IPill next day in evening i.e within 36 hours. What are the chances of getting pregnant? What are early symptoms of pregnancy? How to abort in early weeks with medicines? I really do not want to go with surgical abortion. Please guide.
Hello Sir/Madam, 4 months back got a baby, had sex and penetrated sperm also, so wife gets pregnancy or what is the gap for second baby?
Hello doctors, I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins. And everyone is saying that by this time I must feel some movements. But I am not feeling any movement. Is there anything to worry. please guide.
Dengue fever is a virus-caused disease that is spread by the bite of mosquitoes (Aedes-aegypti). This is also known as Break bone fever. WHO currently estimates there may be 50–100 million dengue infections worldwide every year. Dengue is not transmitted directly from person-to-person.
Its symptoms range from mild fever to fatigue, headache,
joint and muscle aches,nausea or vomiting,
swollen lymph nodes.
In severe cases hemorrhage dengue fever which is characterized by fever, abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, bleeding and breathing difficulty; can be fetal due to blood loss.
Prevention: Clothing, mosquito repellent, and netting can help reduce exposure to mosquitoes. Traveling during periods of minimal mosquito activity can also be helpful.
Homeopathic management: Homeopathy has been used successfully in India to tackle this epidemic. The selection of homoeopathic remedies depends upon the individual response to infection.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.