Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
After the marriage if the periods are missed. Than is it chance of pregnancy? If yes. Than how it can be prevented? Please suggest.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant now. She has lost weight by 2 kgs and she has leg pain to. Is it normal or should we consider a doctor?
The act of pleasuring oneself is one topic, which has always been questioned by the society at large, but in reality it offers a number of benefits. Masturbation refers to the act of inducing sexual arousal and deriving pleasure from it by stimulating the genitals. This may be done using your own hands, sex toys, fingers or grouping together the effect of these. Mutual masturbation among partners is also a fairly common phenomenon. There are varied opinions on the topic, whether actual sexual penetration gives more pleasure or masturbation. Read on to find out what effect each has on your body and which one is more preferred by most people.
- Health benefits: Studies reveal that engaging in sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of health benefits like controlling your blood pressure level, keeping the prostrate and heart healthy for men, acting as a pain reliever etc. Masturbating may not affect your health in the way sex does, but it certainly has a different set of benefits, which includes preventing cancer, boosting immunity, reducing risks of premature ejaculation etc.
- Associated risks: Sexual intercourse often comes with various risks like STDs, if your partner is infected or chance of an unwanted conception, if unsafe sex is practised. Masturbation has comparatively lower health risks than sex, though it is not entirely free from drawbacks. You can get skin irritations and in rare cases, even penile fractures due to excessive masturbation.
- Effect on relationship: The quality and frequency of the sexual intercourse you have with your partner has a direct effect on your relationship. However, masturbation mostly does not involve your partner's participation and so doesn't visibly have a reflection on your relationship.
- Role in knowing your sexual preferences: In case of both men and women, masturbation helps people to identify their sexual preferences and things which give them greater pleasure. This usually leads to a more satisfying sex life and is considered to be easier than figuring out what pleases you while having sex.
Even after considering the above points, which one (either sex or masturbation) gives you more pleasure, completely depends on your personal preferences. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
How Gender Identity Disorder can be treated?
My period time changes always And becoz of that it's paining alot and before blood comes down in properly But now this time it's a little bit. So before this any reasons Please doctor suggest me something.
I had sex with my boyfriend and he use 2 condoms but it's not leaked even though m getting very scare nd if still can I take the I pill for safer side nd is it cause any problems due to my periods pls suggest me.
My girlfriend is being diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. She is in her 3rd week of medication. She usually get her periods on 12th but this time she saying that shes not feeling it from inside and my not get it on time. The medicines are taxim (antibiotic, gramocef,combiflam and pan 40. Is it possible that her periods could be delayed because of the medicines? Please advice. your advice will be appreciated.
20 daysbefore I have sexual course and now am having problem regarding mensuration 11 days pass but I do not have mensuration little bloods comes out from my vagina from yesterday so help me please.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
A healthy, balanced diet is important for any person for leading a healthy life. However, it is quite likely for you to get bored with the same dietary pattern.
Here are some changes you can make to your regular healthy diet to make it more interesting.
Change your way of cutting: Cutting the vegetables for your salad in the same way using your chopping board makes your diet look boring. You can change the way you cut the vegetables to make it more exciting. You can try stick forms, grating and shaving techniques instead of regular chopping. You can also food-process the vegetables to change their texture.
Add your own ingredients to existing salad recipes: You may try adding cooked vegetables with raw vegetables, by chopping each vegetable into a different pattern. A simple change in the cutting technique and mixing some vegetables will make your meals more attractive.
Dressings, Dips and Sauces: Dips and sauces are one of the best ways to liven up your meals. You can add any kind of fresh dip, sauce or dressing to a vegetable meal. This would transform the entire taste of the meal. Mixing varieties of dips will enable you to create tastier and creamier dips, which can be used in many ways. Dips enable you to lead a healthy lifestyle along with tasty meals. Dips and sauces can be used as a salad topping or dressing, can be applied over hot vegetables and be used in various other forms. They also make the meal more bulky. Such dips can be prepared at home or can be bought from stores. You can carry them while you travel to enjoy extra tasty but healthy meals everywhere you go.
Try new food items: Experimenting with ingredients and introducing new foods in your diet add variety and cut the monotony. You should try ingredients which you never used before. There are lots of different fruits and vegetables in the market to choose from. You should visit different grocery stores, markets and gourmet stores in order to find new food items. Nowadays, a huge variety of fruits and vegetables is available.
Use Herbs and Spices: You can totally change the look of a meal by adding fresh herbs or spices. Using different herbs and spices enables you to change the taste of existing recipes. Herbs such as mint, coriander, basil, parsley and others can enhance your salad’s taste. Spices blend in all kinds of preparations to produce new taste and smell. Try different spices and herbs to get delightful results.
You can spice up your regular healthy meals in many different ways. This makes your meals tastier and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
1. Engage in physical activity
Exercise of 30 minutes or more, most days of the week is advised to improve the health of your heart and circulatory system. Physical activity can help manage your weight and reduce your risk of developing other conditions that make your circulatory system work harder, like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. Exercise is even effective when broken down into shorter sessions.
2. Quit smoking and tobacco use
Smoking and using tobacco products significantly increases your risk for heart disease. Damage to your heart and circulatory system by the chemical compounds in tobacco can cause atherosclerosis, which may lead to heart attack. Once you quit smoking, your risk of heart disease significantly decreases over the next year, according to the mayoclinic website. Regardless of how long you have smoked or used other tobacco products, you will notice the benefits of quitting as soon as you do.
3. Eat high quality foods
Your food intake can significantly improve the health of your circulatory system and heart. Diets containing five to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products are most beneficial to the circulatory system. Avoiding processed foods, foods that are high in saturated and trans fats, and excessive alcohol consumption can also improve your circulatory system health.
4. Maintain a healthy weight
Managing a healthy weight plays a major role in the health of your circulatory system. Being overweight can increase risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, all of which put you at increased risk for heart attack and other circulation problems. By just losing 10 percent of your body weight, you can significantly increase the odds of not developing these chronic diseases.