Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant PurandareYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctors, Please help me I'm 8 weeks pregnant and light brown discharged this morning no pain please help me I'm tensed please help me why that happened I feel giddiness vomiting please help me.
My wife afi was 12 and within 4 days it is 7. She is about to start 9th month in 3 days. Could you please help me to know the reason for such a drastic change in fluid and any way to increase it.
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
If we proceed for tubectomy, what should be the gap after abortion that done on 1july. During operation any complications can be possible, my wife is fit, no bp ,no sugar, no any other problem, tell me if there any adverse effect on her body or sex life.
When to have sex to get pregnant. Also please advise after intercourse all sperms will go inside vagina or only few. Kindly advise . Thanks.
7 reasons why papaya is so good for you
The gift of Mexicans to the world, papaya or papita is a native of central America. Christopher Columbus nicknamed it as 'fruit of the angel' owing to its heavenly taste and out of the world aroma.
Papaya is loaded with several nutrients such as vitamin a, e, c and folic acid which make it beneficial for our health. It is easily available in the market throughout the year. Here are some of the health benefits that the fruit has to offer:
1. Lowers cholesterol
Papaya is rich in vitamin c, which prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in arteries. Vitamin c is an excellent reducing agent, therefore, blocks the oxidation of cholesterol. The oxidation leads to cholesterol deposition in arteries. High cholesterol is linked to higher risks of heart attack. Eat a combination of papaya and oatmeal in the morning for a healthy breakfast.
2. Improves digestion
The fruit contains an enzyme called papain, which facilitates protein breakdown in the stomach allowing proper absorption of nutrients. Eating papaya after a meal will keep your tummy fit and fine as it prevents bloating and indigestion.
3. Helps in weight loss
To lose the extra kilos, the digestive system must function properly and this is where papaya proves to be beneficial. As stated above the digestive properties of the fruit makes it an excellent fat burner. You can have papaya smoothie for your breakfast. Just mix mashed papaya with milk and drink. Add some fruits to the shake to make it yummy.
4. Delays ageing
This attribute of papaya might have forced Columbus to name it as the fruit of the angel. Eating half a papaya daily delays the aging process. The antioxidant beta-carotene present in it plays the role of the anti-aging agent. To bring a glow on your skin you can use the papaya- honey mask. Mash half a papaya and mix it with 4 spoons of honey to make a paste. Now apply this on your face and neck and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Finally, rinse it with cold water.
5. Boosts immunity
Since it is rich in vitamin c, it is an excellent immunity booster. A medium sized papaya contains more than 100% of the daily requirement of vitamin c. So, it's a must have fruit for those suffering from fever or flu.
6. Improves vision
Papaya being rich in carotenoids, the fruit is excellent eye insurance. Carotenoids, help against age-related eye disease such as macular degeneration- a condition that causes blindness. Try to eat at least 3 or more servings of papaya to reap maximum benefits.
7. Fights cancer
Red-fleshed papayas contain a high dose of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease. One cup of it contains over 2500 micrograms of lycopene. So, have a cup of red fleshed papayas every day to fight cancer.
Meri shadi ko 5 saal hogaye hai per 1 baar bhi pregnancy nahi hui hai doctors ko dikhaya hai unke kehne per bahot si report karai hai meri or mere husband ki sari report normal hai doctor kehtye hai dono me koi problem nahi hai kuch dino fertilit or vitamin etc medicine kahatha khane ko per koi positive results nahi aya agar ab me koi treatment na karao to kya me naturally pregnant hone ke kitne % chance hosaktye hai or is it possible ke me bina medicine ya ab agaye bina treatment ke pregnant hosakti hu please reply as soon as possible.
Hii doc. I am 23 years and I am doing well but only the thing is my periods cycle is irregular and its very painful even though l take meftal-spas but its not working anymore in my relief. Can you suggest me any sort medications.
I am pregnant lady. My gestation period is about 4 months. My weight remained the same from start to till date which is 50 kg. My weight is not increasing. Should I worry or wait for a week or so. please reply with your kind suggestions.
In modern life, the word stress is not new. Almost everybody is in stress, be it financial, personal or professional. According to Ayurveda, stress is that situation of your mind when it is imbalanced. If you are not under stress, then your mind will be relaxed and stable, and it can perform everyday activity normally. Hence, when you are under stress, Ayurveda has a solution for you to relieve you from stress and lead a normal life.
5 ways through which you can deal with stress with the help of Ayurveda are:
- Take a Bath: Although bathing is your daily habit, yet by bathing you can control your stress levels. When you take a bath, it helps your body to release tension and relax the nervous system. While bathing, you can add 1/3 cup ginger powder to the water. This will increase the healing and relaxation process. You can also take Epsom salt bath as that too will help you to relax and cleanse.
- Practice Oil Pulling: For removing the natural toxins from your mouth and increasing your sense of taste, you can gargle with warm water toasted with coconut and sesame oil. Start by swishing the mixture of oil. You can swish the oil from the front to back, side by side and throughout your teeth for about twenty minutes. After spitting the oil out, you must rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Do Abhyanga: This is an ancient practice of oil massage where you use oils to calm the nervous system and rejuvenate the tissues by lubricating them. With this self-massage of oil, you can promote circulation of blood throughout your body. Abhyanga is a practice of rejuvenating your body through massaging the different parts with organic oil. There are different types of oil in Ayurveda that are used for various purposes.
- Practice Nasya: This is another technique in Ayurveda where medicated oil is applied to the nasal passages. When you practice this, the delicate nasal tissues are soothed and relieve stress. However, pregnant women and menstruating women should not practice Nasya. Every morning apply a few drops of Nasya oil to your nostrils for getting better results.
- Massage Your Feet before Bed: Another way to relax your body from stress is by massaging some oil before sleeping. For this, you may use brahmi oil, bhringaraj oil, or sesame oil. With this practice, you can soothe your body and release the pressure, thus getting relief from stress.
You must try these everyday so that Ayurveda can relieve you from stress. However, do not forget to get to experts if you still find yourself under stress.