Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shravan Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shravan SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello. I want to know that .Is epithelial hyperplasia of oesophagus with mild dysplasia very harmful. It's treatment is possible or not. And what are the success rate of it. please help me.
Hi I am 27 weeks pregnant, I have pain in my back I know its normal during pregnancy. I just want to know if pain relief spray (volini) is fine to use during pregnancy. Or Is there any harm to my baby for this?
We have planned a holy trip on nov 1.unfortunately my period date will fall on that date. My doc prescribed cream Ncr 15 mg twice for 2 days so that my period will prepare, on my 19th day of cycle I just stopped it yesterday but till now I haven’t got my period. Can I take postpone now.
What is cryptic pregnancy? How common is it? What are the causes of it? And what are the signs and symptoms? Also if one has had an I pill within 18 hrs of the sexual act and the act took place on november 2015. And after the act though getting regular monthly periods. But the quantity of blood flow has decreased and pattern has been slightly changed. And also after 42 & 63 days from the november act 2 beta hcg test were done which showed < 1 miu /ml. And all 11 upt taken by prega news kit with morning samples showed negative results. And also on 23 rd week from the november act. A transabdominal ultrasound was taken. And a ct scan was done which showed uterus is normal. Does these details tell that I am not pregnant. please advise me as I do not want to become pregnant. And stressed out due to this.
I have missed my period which was due yesterday. I had unprotected sex a few weeks back. I'm 19 and don't want a baby. How should I proceed?
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
She just now got pregnant as result got positive today. So place let me know what is the caution need to be take and food habit for healthy baby.
Homeopathic medicine is the type of medicine in which natural herbs and their extracts are used for treating various health conditions in a person. This type of medication is highly effective for many ailments that can affect an individual's health without causing any side effects. But remember that, doctors who prescribe these medicines generally offer a series of precautions that the patients have to follow so that the medicines can be fully effective.
Precautions for Homeopathy
Once you consult a homeopathic doctor, make sure that you follow the regime and rules that he/she sets for you. These precautions may be related to food, time and frequency of medicine intake, dosage or things you should avoid while undergoing the treatment. Here is a detailed look at what you might need to pay attention to:
- The regime that has been provided for the medicine needs to be followed and you must ensure that the medicines are taken properly.
- People generally tend to take overdose of the prescribed medicine thinking that it would increase the potency of the ingredients and thus treat them faster. This notion has to be definitely avoided, since the medicine prescribed needs to be taken as per the dosage recommended. An overdose can lead to side effect.
- If the doctor mentions that you must report back after consuming the medicine for 10 to 15 days, you should definitely visit the doctor on the particular day and not later. You must never keep continuing the medicine after the prescribed time period.
- In case of morning dosage that are prescribed to be taken right after you wake up, rinse the mouth with plain water and never brush your teeth or use a mouthwash. This will hinder the medicine's action.
- Medicines should be taken at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to or after a meal.
- Most of the doctors advise patients to abstain from coffee and garlic when they are on homeopathic medicines.
- Medicines tend to have better effect if they are allowed to remain on the tongue for a long time. This is the reason why doctors tell their patients to not chew the medicines.
- Never touch the medicine with bare hands.
- In case you have missed a dosage, say for the night, do not compensate by taking it the next day morning and rather take the medicine at the prescribed time.
- The sweet globules of homeopathic medicines make children to have them extra. Thus the bottle must never be handed over to children. Parents should administer the dosage themselves.
- Homoeopathic medicines should not be taken soon after smoking or drinking, if possible it should be avoided.
- Mother tinctures and liquid doses should be added in water in glass or porcelain cup, not in any metallic vessel. There is no need to keep the medicines in refrigerator.
Hello, I want to ask about my menses, It starts at correct time like almost in 30 days but when it starts then it take almost 8-10 days to stop. What should I do?
Can having unprotected sex while taking Minesse rule out pregnancy? Is it an effective contraceptive?
Nethrachikitsa is as old as Ayurveda and forms a very critical branch of Ayurvedic treatment. Derived from two Sanskrit words ‘netra’ meaning ‘eyes’ and ‘chikitsa’ meaning ‘treatment’, this is not surprising as eyes are our window to the world and any disease affecting it needs priority treatment. Nethrachikitsa is a branch of Salakyatanthra in ayurveda, which deals with the treatment of entire area of head and neck. In English Nethrachikitsa is termed as Ophthalmology.
Eyes have always been given due importance as an indriya or organ in Ayurveda from very ancient times. Traces of Nethrachikitsa can be found in the ancient texts of Ayurveda. It has been proved that in earlier times, there was an existence of systematic way of eye treatment, which included different types of therapeutic formulations and practices. Among all the branches of salakyatanthra, Nethrachikista or Ophthalmology is the most important and popular branch.
In this field a total 76 eye diseases have been described and classified into various branches such as Vartma gata roga i.e. dieseases of the lids, Krishnagata roga (Diseases of cornea) etc.
In Ayurveda, the treatment of eye diseases is done not only by internal medications but also by way of several traditional applications like Anjanam and Aschyothanam. It also includes methods like nasyam (part of Panchakarma), nethraTarpanam and Putapakam. Nethrachikitsa also advocates the application of several eye exercises and yoga in order to keep the eyes healthy and efficient for years. If followed in the right method, Ayurvedic ophthalmology is capable of curing several common and chronic eye diseases.
Some of the major diseases which can be treated with the help of ayurveda are: Myopia (short-sight), Hypermetropia (long-sight), Astigmatism, inflammations and infections like Conjunctivitis, keratitis, uveitis, blepharitis, recurrent stye, scleritis etc., degenerative eye diseases like retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, lazy eye (amblyopia), computer-related disorders like Dry Eye (computer vision syndrome), Glaucoma, allergic conditions like central serous retinopathy, spring catarrh, etc. Dr. Mahesh Gupta Ayurveda consultations is specialize in Netra Chikitsa and is very proficient in ensuring that eye diseases are cured the Ayurvedic way, without any side effects. The potential of Ayurveda can help us to see this beautiful world by our healthy eyes for a longer period of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello Doctor, main ap se ek salah lena chahta hu ki meri wife Coper T lagwane ke liye nahi manti hai. Waise to main pregnancy ko avoid karne ke liye condom use krta hu. But main jan na chahta hu ki Copper T ko use karne se ladies ko sex ke time ya normal daily routine jaise ke ghar ke kaam me koi problem aati hai? And kya yeh fact hai ki Copper T use karne se wife pregnant nahi hogi? Please help me and advice.
Mam I am really dispersed mai bohot pareshan hu apni pregnancy ko lekar please aap mujhe bataye ki mai kya kru meri age20 hai kya mai baby rakh skti hu is age me mai unmarried hu par abortion nhi chahti please mam ans me.
We all know about magnesium as a mineral, but what most individuals do not know is the fact that it is a very important mineral for our bodily health. Magnesium is involved with more or less 300 complex metabolic processes in our body, thus earning the title of ‘master mineral’.
Here is a list of reasons why magnesium holds an important place in our body.
It is responsible for transportation of calcium across cell membranes. As such, it helps calcium get into the bone matter. Like we all know, magnesium is anti-inflammatory. It helps in waiving conditions mentioned below:
So magnesium deficiency can definitely cause numerous problems in the human body. This element works in our body at a cellular level. It is important to have a check up done with the doctor to ensure the magnesium level, however, a simple a blood test cannot determine the presence or absence of it. Here are a few signs that might suggest that an individual is suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- A lot of calcium deficiency which means brittle bones
- Very poor heart health
- A lot of unnecessary weakness
- Very frequent muscle cramps at unusual situations
- Tremors, nausea and unnecessary anxiety
- High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Difficulty in swallowing the food
- Poor memory
- Lots and lots of useless confusion
Although individuals with magnesium deficiency suffer from these symptoms, it is not necessary that any individual suffering from such symptoms might have magnesium deficiency. So, the only way to improve magnesium amount in the body is by changing your diet and including magnesium rich foods or my supplementing your food with magnesium-based food products.
Magnesium overdose is close to impossible and so many would not check their magnesium intake. However, consuming too much of anything can never be a good idea. Excessive magnesium intake might end up causing the following issues:
- Irregular heartbeats in individuals
- Slow breathing
This excess amount of magnesium in the body might be due to the fact that not all supplements can be easily absorbed by the body. So it is a better idea to eat inexpensive food to keep the magnesium levels at par with the bodily requirements.
Here is a list of items that can relieve the deficiency symptoms of low magnesium.
- Seeds of pumpkin
- Seeds of sun flower
- Soya bean
- Black beans
- Sesame seeds
- Spinach and many more
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.