Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shravan SharmaYour feedback matters!
Semen analysis is the below test normal? With this result can make pregnancy. If not how much should be there.. please give me rply Abstinence: 3days Collection: L. C mast/ci/cc Times of collection: 11: 45AM Time of examination: 12: 15AM Liquification: 30 mints Volume: 1.0ml Colour: gray Ph: alkaline Viscosity: normal Concentration. 12mills Motility Motile: 70% Progressive: 50% progressively (0-4: 2, 3 Morphology: 30%abnormal form seen (%of normal: 70% Vitality: 60% W. B. C: 2-3/hpf.
Now I am seven week pregnant. And from last 2 to 3 days. I have urine infection. Can you suggest what'll I do.
N K CAP are ayuvedic propritory medicine each capsules contains S.Radis 50mg S carrots 400gm Aloe 50mg
I'm a 20 years old girl. Am having low haemoglobin count (8.2). Its not getting increased than 9.8 even after taking tablets and tonics and getting low when I stop medicines. I have join pains and gaining weight very soon. I don't take oily and fast foods. I also have severe hair loss. Is there any natural remedy for this or what treatment or medicine should I take for these. Help me please.
After miscarriage 2 mnths ke baad agar women phirse pregnent ho jaye toh koi problem kya complicated toh nhi hogi pregnency.
I had my mens cycle in 34 days last month. I usually have 38 days cycle in every month. I started my pregaplan ovulation test in 16th day n repeat in 17th day but got negative result. 17th day T line was lighter than 16th day line. So I expect henceforth and what to do. Another issue I feel left side abdomen pain in every month before 8 10 days of my period. I have PCOS problem also. Can it be cure.
I have breast fibroadenoma since 3 yrs, I got surgery and took out two lumps from breast (right) but again within 1 years two lumps got sprouted. And I again visited doc so they told me to operate again but they doesn't take guarantee that it" ll not sprout up again, so in this case I told them is there any possible reason to uproot it but being only 28 years they disagreed to throw out the breast tissue and I am mum of one daughter. So, what to do doc please suggest me a suitable and fruitful advice?
Hi doctor I have pcod problem that have multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm size any pills for regulating periods for medicines please tell me medicines name and side effects and how much months I have to take that pill for regulating periods please tell me waiting.
It is no secret that when you pleasure yourself 'the right way', it would definitely pump you up for your next session. However, there are several other ways which are unconventional and yet as beneficial and helpful as regular masturbation. Debunking all myths that masturbation reduces erectile functioning or sperm count level or even sexual fertility, these unconventional techniques can definitely help you in various ways; providing you with the right kind of satisfaction and fulfillment and boosting your overall stamina. However, excessive masturbation is strongly recommended against as it has its long-term side-effects.
- Although your testicles are primarily concerned with the function of sperm production, they are also, technically speaking, an erogenous zone. Therefore, when you masturbate, it would be more helpful if you could utilize your testicles for the purpose of acquiring more satisfaction. By pulling your testicles slightly downward while masturbating, you could also try caressing, tickling or stroking them to see how it feels. You could also try holding them in a light grip and not too firm with your other hand.
- A change in position is also pretty effective in heightening your senses and providing a better feel whilst masturbating. Keeping your hand still and only moving your body is such a way. While doing this, you can masturbate while kneeling or standing or sitting or even swapping hands. The more the variety, the better will be the level of pleasure. Moreover, interchanging positions in between has also been proved to be very effective.
- The use of sex toys and other accessories can further enhance your satisfaction level. For instance, realistic vaginas can prove to be pretty handy in maximizing your sexual potency. Other credible sex toys are also available which are as helpful. Another effective technique of masturbating better is via porn or R-rated movies. By simultaneously watching movies while masturbating, your imagination gets fueled up with all kinds of sexual fantasies, providing you with more immediate satisfaction than usual.
- There is also the 'start and stop method' which is very useful in regulating and improving your level of stamina. A conscious and deliberate effort is required in maintaining control over your ejaculatory muscles. The best way to do this is by setting a time limit and not allowing yourself to ejaculate within the given time frame. Learn more about Premature Ejaculation.
I had aborted in June 2016. Now, I am pregnant 8 weeks. My below blood test are out of normal range. Antiphospholipid antibody IGG- 38.18 GPL U/ml IGM- 16.66 MPL U/ml Anti cardiolipin IGG - 41.13 GPL U/ml IGM - 18.01 MPL U/ml And following two test are in normal range. ProthrombinTime -12 second International Normalized Ratio- 1 My question is that: is I need blood thinning treatment (ecosprin/heparin) as per above test result? I am in confusion because Dr. Prescribed to me:- - Ecosprin 75 mg (daily) - Clexane injection, low molecular weight heparin (40 mg, daily), Both for 8 months.
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please suggest me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
Chronic Dysentry, Chronic Anaemia, Worm Infestation and complications, Anorexia - One Medicine for All - MADHU MANDOOR
Digestion improves tremendously, body mass increases within healthy limits.
Vehicle (anupaan) is different for different diseases.
Usual dose is 125 mg to 750 mg approx as per condition.
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My last period was on 27 September. Today Nov 1 I still didn't get my periods. My nipples r hurting so badly. I had intercourse on October 17th. M I pregnant?
Requesting for a quick and confirm response. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August and she had ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of Intercourse. After 4 days i.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and the bleeding continued for 4 days. We have done four home urine pregnancy test and the results came NEGATIVE. All the tests were done after 21 days of Intercourse. We even did a BHCG test on 17th October which was exactly 7 weeks after unprotected sex. The result was <1.20 miU/ml. I have two questions. please help me out. 1st. Is she pregnant or do we have to worry about pregnancy? 2nd: no bleeding has taken place after September. Why? please help us out.
Hi, Main 30 years ka hoon meri sadi ko 2 years ho chuke hai but abhi tak mera koi bacha nahi hua hai main soch raha hoon ki mera kuch problem ho sakta hai to ap kuch suggestion de sakte hain to please tell me.
I do pregnancy urine test. I got negative result. Bt, I have some symptoms to be pregnant. What should I do?
Hi I am 26 years old married woman and trying to conceive from 10 months so my doc suggested me to have hsg test this time can it increase the chances of getting pregnant rest everything is fine like thyroid, follicular monitoring please help.
HOW TO UNTWIST YOUR THINKING:
This comes from Dr David Burns and is in his book "The Feeling Good Handbook, revised edition."
1 IDENTIFY THE DISTORTION Write down your negative thoughts so you can see in which of the 10 cognitive distortions you're involved. This will make it easier to think about the problem in a more positive and realistic way.
2 EXAMINE THE EVIDENCE Instead of assuming that your negative thought is true, examine the actual evidence for it. For example, if you feel that you never do anything right, you could list several things you have done successfully.
3 THE DOUBLE-STANDARD METHOD Instead of putting yourself down in a harsh, condemning way, talk to yourself in the same
compassionate way you would talk to a friend with a similar problem.
4 THE EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUE Do an experiment to test the validity of your negative thought. For example, if, during an episode of panic, you become terrified that you're about to die of a heart attack, you could jog or run up and down several flights of stairs. This will prove that your heart is healthy and strong.
5 THINKING IN SHADES OF GRAY Although this method might sound drab, the effects can be illuminating. Instead of thinking about your problems in all-or-nothing extremes, reevaluate things on a range from 0 to 100. When things don't work out as well as you hoped, think about the experience as a partial success rather than a complete failure. See what you can learn from the situation.
6. THE SURVEY METHOD Ask people questions to find out if your thoughts and attitudes are realistic. For example, if you believe that public speaking anxiety is abnormal and shameful, ask several friends if they ever felt nervous before they gave a talk.
7. DEFINE TERMS When you label yourself "inferior" or "a fool" or "a loser," ask, "What is the definition of 'a fool'?" You will feel better when you see that there is no such thing as "a fool" or "a loser."
8. THE SEMANTIC METHOD Simply substitute language that is less colorful and emotionally loaded. This method is helpful for "should statements." Instead of telling yourself "I shouldn't have made that mistake," you can say, "It would be better if I hadn't made that mistake."
9. RE-ATTRIBUTION Instead of automatically assuming that you are "bad" and blaming yourself entirely for a problem, think about the many factors that may have contributed to it. Focus on solving the problem instead of using up all your energy blaming yourself and feeling guilty.
10. COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS List the advantages and disadvantages of a feeling (like becoming angry when your plane is late,) a negative thought (like "No matter how hard I try, I always mess up, ") or a behavior pattern (like overeating and lying around in bed when you're depressed.) You can also use the Cost-Benefit Analysis to modify a self-defeating belief such as, "I must always try to be perfect."
As I've stated before, these methods are not something to be tried once or twice and dispensed, but are good skills to be ongoing in your life with day to day.