Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shradha Dwarkanath UpasaniYour feedback matters!
I am newly married I want pregnancy at what time we have do sex the problem is my period getting every month between 30 to 40 days.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Kindly suggest a effective pill to get rid of unwanted pregnancy please i have submitted the question desperately waiting for the answer
What if I have a lump in breast and getting pain sometimes and feeling itching around breast. Is it a symptom of breast cancer or it may indicate that I may get breast cancer.
My wife is pregnant from 2 months. Today when the scanning is made baby heartbeat is not so clear. So what is the reason? Or is it common in some cases to get baby heartbeat late? And what is the better solution please suggest.
I have aa loosen vagina. How can I tight my vagina easily in a week. Please help me in detail to tighten it as like a virgin girl.
My wife aged about 33 years complaining in lower abdomen near ovaries on both sides as also in her back. Three months back an ultrasound was done in which in right ovary a hemorrhagic cist was detected. The doctor suggested me to take ovaral-g for four months, same has now about to complete but she is not getting change in pain. Apart from it she is complaining pain in her ribs in chest please suggest medicine/ mode of treatment.
Sir/madam My fat has skipped for more than 2 months, had a pregnancy pad test and found conformed. We go through a ultra sound scan test last week, in that we found our gestational sac is irregular shape and heart by not yet started at 6w1d. And today I got bleeding as like period. Is this sign of abort please explain me.
We have done ultrasound on 5 March 2016. Report shows single intra uterine pregnancy of 19 weeks 6 days 1 weeks cephalic presentation. My question is what is the estimate conception date?
Hi Doctor, Good evening. This is Sunitha 24 years old. I am working in TechMahindra from 2013. I have PCOD from my college. When I consulted a doctor she suggested me to use KRIMSON 35 for 9 months. When I used I got periods normally and if I do not use it will be irregular. My weight is 60 now. My mother suggested me not to get periods with medicines but with natural. So I consulted homeopathic doctor and I'm under medication of homoeopathy from January. Please suggest me or help me how can I get my periods normally without using medicine. Awaiting your response. Regards Sunitha.
GOD created both men and women with same qualities but differ in physique. The nature of the women to bleed every month by the hormones named Menstruation. The Menstruation is the highest quality which defines woman is always superior to man.
During Menstruation she undergoes various stress factors, but regain as phoenix bird within the period of 5 days as the quote says
“ In the man shedding of blood is always with injury, disease or death. Only the female half of the humanity was seen to have the magical ability to bleed profusely and still rise phoenix- like each month from the gore”- Estelle R.Ramey.
When you menstruate, your body sheds the lining of the uterus. Menstrual blood flows from the uterus through the small opening in the cervix and passes out of the body through the vagina. Most menstrual periods last from 3 to 5 days.
When periods come regularly, this is called the menstrual cycle. Having regular menstrual cycles is a sign that important parts of your body are working normally. The menstrual cycle provides important body chemicals, called hormones, to keep you healthy. It also prepares your body for pregnancy each month.
The average menstrual cycle is 28 days long.
Cycles can range anywhere from 21 to 35 days in adults and from 21 to 45 days in young teens.
The rise and fall of levels of hormones during the month control the menstrual cycle.
The average blood loss during the periods is 2 teaspoon, but it may vary from to 10ml to 50 ml.
The average menstrual cycle per year is 13
During the normal periods, Woman may experience mild pain,cramps, discomfort and mood swing.
Health tips for Normal Periods
- Don’t skip food, Take healthy balanced food regularly
- Take an egg daily
- Do regular 30-45 min. brisk exercise
- Take more of fresh juices
- Do yoga weekly thrice for 1 hr
- Take more nuts like Badam, pista, Cashew , Elachi and chia seeds
- Take more salmon fish
- Take iron rich foods like Spinach, Mushroom, coconut, lentils, legumesand soya beans
- Fat is healthy part of our diet, Take good fats likePaneer, Curd, liver etc.
- Juice of alovera, ginger, carrot,methi will help u relive cramps
Homoeopathy system of medicine since 200 yrs proven very good effective in treating Menstural disorder without any adverse effect.
Homeopathic medicines can provide significant results in treating menstrual disorders. Homeopathic medicines for delayed menses are natural, completely safe and effective in their action. The Homeopathic mode of treatment does not use any hormones or steroids and therefore, these medicines are not habit-forming in nature. In fact, they stimulate the body’s internal healing mechanism which responds by restoring its normal functioning.
Homeopathy is safest medicine for treating various menstrual disorder like dysmenorrheal, Menorrhagia, Metorrhagia, PCOD,PMS, PID, Fibroid uterus, Bartholin cyst etc.
The menstrual disorders include:
Absence of a menstrual period in Women and girls who haven't had a period for 90 days, even if they haven't been menstruating for long
Causes can include:
- Extreme weight loss
- Eating disorders
- Excessive exercising
- Serious medical conditions in need of treatment
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or serious problems with the reproductive organs, may be involved.
- Fibroid uterus
Painful periods, including severe cramps.
Menstrual cramps in teens are caused by too much of a chemical called prostaglandin. Most teens with dysmenorrhea do not have a serious disease, even though the cramps can be severe.
vaginal bleeding that's different from normal menstrual periods. It includes:
- Bleeding between periods
- Bleeding after sex
- Spotting anytime in the menstrual cycle
- Bleeding heavier or for more days than normal
- Bleeding after menopause
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ovulation problem
- Uterine polyps
- Fibroid uterus
Menstrual cycles are infrequent, greater than 35 days apart. It is very common in early adolescence and does not usually indicate a medical problem.
Healthy cycles in adult women can vary by a few days from month to month. Periods may occur every 3 weeks in some women, and every 5 weeks in others. Flow also varies and can be heavy or light. Skipping a period and then having a heavy flow may occur; this is most likely due to missed ovulation rather than a miscarriage.
- Delayed puberty
- Weight loss/ weight gain
- Hormonal changes
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Premature ovaries
- Ovaries abnormalities
- Athletic training
Yesterday night I tried to do sex with my gf. She was lying on bed ,i put my condom on and went up on her .when I started putting inside she started ignore for some time but I forcefully tries to put my penis inside but its not went inside ,only reached her wet pussy. That time my condom suddenly dropped off but I did not noticed dat and tried to put in .after few seconds I noticed .still my pennis not went inside but reached the pussy wetness .so this there any chance to get pregnancy .she is not ready to take pills. So suggest me some fruits or foods to avoid pregnancy.
Despite being an outsider in the industry, Kangana Ranaut has made her mark in Bollywood. The 'Queen of Bollywood' bagged the National Award in the best actress category for the third time for her double act in the commercial hit Tanu Weds Manu Returns. Ranaut is one of the highest paid actresses in India and is known for playing emotionally intense roles in films like Gangster and Woh Lamhe. But behind the fame and the glory, lies a story of struggle and constant perseverance. Kangana's rise to fame did not happen overnight, and her travails and triumphs have quite a few important lessons stored for all of us.
Here are 4 inspiring life lessons to take away from Kangana's real life story.
1. Be Yourself - Accept yourself and embrace the person you are. Making desperate attempts to fit in a social circle or trying to make people like you could turn depressing. Be yourself and don't compromise on your identity and be afraid to have a mind of your own. Kangana has constantly inspired us to be rebellious and to question stereotypes and sexism.
'People in the industry treated me like I didn't deserve to be spoken to and I was some unwanted object. I couldn't speak English fluently and people made fun of me for that. So dealing with rejection became a part of life...Today, when people say that I have made it and made it on my own.'
She said on an interview with Daily News and Analysis
2. Deal with your relationship problems - Stop tolerating abuse. Your partner is supposed to love and support you and not hurt you physically or emotionally. Don't be afraid of getting out of a relationship. It might be difficult and hard to deal with but it's best to get over with and start afresh. Ranaut was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, which turned sour after he assaulted her. Later she was also in a relationship with Adhyayan Suman and Nicholas Lafferty, an English doctor, which did not last either, but she always moved on with her head held high, personifying dignity.
3. Beat the odds - There might situations when your family does not support your career choices but don't let that stop you from going ahead with it. Believe in yourself and work hard on your goals. Kangana Ranaut inspires us to not give up easily. In spite of being an industry outsider, Ranaut made her mark with remarkable performances in Fashion, Queen, Woh Lamhe and Tanu Weds Manu. She quit pursuing medical and went for modeling instead and refused to take financial aid from her father. In short, don't give up on your dreams no matter how difficult it gets.
4. There is no end to learning - You can always continue with your interests even if you have a very busy professional life. Make time for your hobbies and interests as they expand your outlook. Ranaut learns Kathak as she enjoys dancing and considers it as a form of therapy. She also did a course on the technical aspects of filmmaking from New York Film Academy. She did not let her stardom affect her personal interests and wants to have a normal life.
'I don't want to lose my rights as a common person to learn and grow'
She said on an interview with Filmfare.