Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shraddha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShraddhaYour feedback matters!
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I'm a 19 year old girl. My height is 4'11 but I'm not skinny nor fat. My body is perfect. I'm still a virgin. But my partner is not. My partner's height is 6'2 and his fully erected penis is 8.6 inches. We have a huge height gap between us. Can a 4'11 short heighten woman fully take in a 8.6 penis inside her vagina? Won't sex be difficult due to our huge height gap? What are the best sex positions for a 4'11 short heighten woman with a 6'2 tall man? Please advice.
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
Any sort of hypertension during pregnancy can take a toll on the baby.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
On August 2nd I had unprotected sex which involved very little penetration, and again on Aug 5th, I have pcos due to which I hadn't got my period for 4 months, I took an i-pill on August 6th, and had a withdrawal bleeding on August 14th, heavy flow. I took pregnancy tests on the 17th and 21st both came out negative. I was still not convinced hence I took a blood test on 23rd August I had 0.5 miul hcg. I'm having white stringy vaginal discharge, is there anyway I can have any type of pregnancy? I'm very very worried so please help I cannot determine by period because of pcos hence I am very worried.
The reason why your lungs are so large is because it allows for the easy exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, ensuring you stay properly oxygenated at all times
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Fig is a dry fruit that is consumed throughout the world. It is a dry fruit that has great nutritional value. It as been used as a sexual enhancer by civilization of many thousand years old. The Egyptian started using it and then there have been signs that Persians as well as mughals royals used fig. these royals had many wives and sex slaves and it is said that fig helped them in their sexual escapades.
How it works:
To be honest I wont be able to tell you how fig helps you and I can’t give you scientific logic behind it effectiveness but after using it for a week you would will that your volume of your ejaculation would increase by many folds.
The miracle formula:
Eating fig raw can do wonders to your sexual health and sexual stamina but cooking it with milk will increase its powers many folds. This milk should be taken before sleep. Drinking this milk for a month will make you better sexually. You will witness better erections and also longer lasting ejaculations.
Genomics refers to the study of genome which is the complete set of dna. The blueprint of an organism and includes all its genes. Nucleotide bases a c g and t in a specific order make up the dna sequence of an organism. Human genomes include both protein coding dna genes and non coding dna. Every piece of genomic information sets the pace for detailed studies of the genome.
The human genome is made up of more than 3 billion genetic letters and hence sequencing the genome is a pre requisite to understanding it. Genes are the building blocks of heredity. They are passed from parent to child. Sometimes there is a nucleotide base change mutation in the gene or genes. This mutation in the gene cause a medical condition called genetic disorder. Few of the disorders are down's syndrome thalassemia sickle cell anaemia cystic fibrosis tay sachs etc,
Precision medicine focuses on understanding individual variability in disease prevention care and treatment and also educating the people by providing public with summaries of genetic conditions and their associated genes
Genomics could help identify genetic traits defects in the embryonic stage thus alerting both the prospective parents and doctors about what preventive measures and precautions need to be taken.
Belly fat may not be a severe medical problem in most individuals. However, it looks aesthetically displeasing and can affect long term health if not controlled at the right time. However, one must keep in mind that dieting and exercising go hand in hand. One cannot rely only on one of them to reduce belly fat.
Mentioned below are a few ways to remove belly fat:
- Avoid sugar: Sugar and other sweetened products must be avoided. Excessive intake of sugar floods the liver with fructose which is then turned to fat. This leads to insulin resistance and metabolic problems. Eliminate sugary drinks and try unsweetened beverages like tea or coffee. However, caffeine, too, must be taken in moderate amounts.
- Eat protein: Protein is considered to be the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight. Most of the calories in protein are digested. It is the single most effective change in terms of calorie intake since it reduces your craving by 60% and boosts your metabolism.
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates: Cutting carbohydrates from your diet reduces your appetite and therefore belly fat. Consuming only 50 grams of carbohydrates per day assists in losing weight fast.
- Other dietary changes: Eat foods that are rich in fiber and do not skip meals. If you starve yourself for long periods of time, the body conserves fat by breaking down muscle tissue. This is called catabolic state. Eating in small amounts every two hours is also helpful for those looking to trim their belly fat. This helps to avoid overeating and keeps your metabolism up the entire day by processing food throughout the day.
- Track your calorie intake: It is very important to keep track of the amount of calories you consume so as to make the necessary changes in your dietary plans. You can keep track of it in a food journal or on diet-related websites.
- Exercise: Regular exercising is of utmost importance while trying to lose belly fat. Aerobic exercises, crunches (side, reverse or twist crunches), cycling, lunge twist, rolling plank exercises, captain's chair, the stomach vacuum etc. help in reducing belly fat. Other exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, walking and swimming also help in reducing weight.