Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shraddha GandhiYour feedback matters!
À person suffering from Parkinson disease have any chance to have blindness? Is he prone to blindness? What should be the we do to stop damage of eyesight?
I don't know something happened to my right knee. If I fold my knee there is a tick sound is coming. Usually I played football a lot. But recently I stopped but. Still I have that sounds. Sometime I got a limp nd can't bend my leg. Help me.
Depression problem nind nhi aati hai bhook nhi lagti hai mind me hamesha Kuch na Kuch chalta rahta hai mind kabhi shant nhi rahta gussa bahut aata hai.
I am suffering from anxiety depression and mental disorders for last 10 years Now I'm taking sertraline, mirtazapine, petril beta10 and olanzipam 2.5 since 2 years.
Hlo doctors 2015 mein mera accident ho gya tha jis wjah se mere head mein chott lag gyi blood nhi nikla bss internal lgi head ki back side front par us time chakr or vomit ayi lekin jyeda ni ayi kuch medicine li jyeda ni khayi or mera head tab se pain krta hai or agr koi chott lg jate to jaldi thik nhi hoti hath lgane par bhi dukhti hai jra sa bhi kuch lag jye head mein thik nhi hota jaldi. Kuch samjh nhi a raha ki hoi serious problem hai or kya kru mai. Pls help me doctor.
I am suffering from severe anxiety disorder because of which I have insomnia. I keep awake throughout the night worrying about so many personal and financial matters.
A Frozen shoulder is a shoulder joint with significant loss of its range of motion in all directions, especially when we turn the arm upwards and away from the body. It is also known as Adhesive Capsulitis. According to ayurveda it is known as Avabahuk and it is caused by vitiated vata dosha. Due to faulty dietary habits and life style vata dosha is vitiated and it travels throughout the whole body. Where it finds the blockage of channels it accumulates there and in avbahuk the channels of the shoulder joint get blocked and it causes accumulation of vata dosha there. Vata dosha causes symptoms like pain, pricking sensation, stiffness and difficulty in movements.
Causes of Frozen Shoulder
- Inflammation, scarring, thickening and shrinkage of the capsule surrounding shoulder joint.
- Injury to the shoulder joint
- Tendinitis, bursitis and rotator cuff injury
Prevalence of Frozen Shoulder
It is more prevalent in patients of Diabetes and chronic inflammatory arthritis of shoulder joint, after chest or breast surgery. Long-term immobility of the shoulder joint can put the people at risk to develop frozen shoulder.
Management of Frozen Shoulder
1) Sukhayurveda Detox and Purification therapy
We at Sukhayurveda concentrate on treating the root cause of the disease. Frozen shoulder is mainly a disease of vata dosha and first of all we give the therapy to pacify vata dosha. Our detox therapy includes abhyangam, Oil Bath i.e. Pizichil and Herbal Bun Massage medicated enema and nasayam i.e. nasal insufflations in case of frozen shoulder. These therapies vary from person to person according to their constitution and disease causing factors. This gives a lot of relaxation to muscles surrounding shoulder joint.
2) Proper Nutrition
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides detailed understanding of which foods to favor and avoid for your condition. Favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body’s inner intelligence.
3) Ayurveda Herb
Sukhayurveda consultant advises various herbal formulas according to the disease. Drugs like rasna, nirgundi, guggulu etc. have a good pain relieving effect in joint disorders like frozen shoulder. The above mentioned drugs should be taken only after consulting a Qualified Ayurvedic Physician. We at Sukhayurveda provide various formulations of all these and many more herbs.
4) Life style and daily routine
SukhAyurveda Consultant advises proper life style to the patient for reduction of the episodes of exacerbation and rehabilitation. Sedentary life style, excessive exercises, cold exposure and wandering in rain should be avoided. Bathing with cold water should be strictly avoided. Warm water bath is recommended.
5) Yoga Therapy
Physiotherapy and yogasanas have a major role in restoring the movements of the Frozen Shoulder. We at Sukhayurveda provide specific yoga therapies and exercises for the patients of various Diseases. Shoulder rotation exercises help relieving pain and increase shoulder joint movements. Maintaining as much range of motion as possible in your shoulder is important. Sukhayurveda consultant advises you how to move your shoulder joint through comfortable range of motion planes to avoid further stiffening.
6) Strengthening the Body's Natural Healing and Self-Repair Mechanisms
Sukhayurveda not only cures disease by therapies but also boost one’s inner strength to fight with diseases naturally. The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activities within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach. We not only gives relief from pain but also make internal environment strong to not to develop the disease again.
Taking together, all the SukhAyurveda health programmes described above you can create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.
Hi doctor, when I was 17 years old there was a guy who used to love me very much. Even I loved him. He was quite ugly still I loved him despite the fact that he looks awful. He said to me that he wants to marry me. I don't know after 1.5 years of our relationship he just broke up with. He has been physical with me to a great extent, I don't know why he broke up. But I didn't have intercourse with him. After my break up I tried calling him but he didn't answer. And if he ever picked my call he shouted at me, abused me a 100 times with garlic and called me a slut. He said he has moved on and now he married a girl who is very fat. I. Was shattered into tears. I tried to move on but couldn't do so. I don't have any job. Feeling pathetic. Whatever should I do doctor, help me please. Right now I am 26 years old.
Sir I am 23 years old and feeling always that I am getting mad I am unable to concentrate my mind on another things like study etc. When I am starting study I'm feeling that I'm getting mad help me out sir please.
Hi, I'm having serious problem. I'm addicted to internet. I'm unable to concentrate on studies. How to overcome?
Hi Dr. .I m changing new job of one month ago. Bt I can't adjustment in new atmosphere. My office staff not accept my dressing sense. I am a modern girl. T that's why I am stressed .it's totally effect my job as well as my mentally condition. Now my main problem .I m getting stress too much .wt can I do pls give me some advice.
My friend Is a bixesual male. He used to have physical intercourse with both his Females n Male friends. And he enjoy doing so. But since 6-7 months he is attracting more n more towards male as compared to girls n wish to have sex with them (if not possible for sex then he used to watch gay porns n masturbate. He masturbates almost daily. His Sperms quantity is also decreased.) He really wanna get rid of this male attractions n sex fantasy for them. Guide him with proper knowledge. Masturbation daily is harmful. How to increase sperm quantity n tym period for long sex.
I am 45 years old suffering with over anxiety, depression,low energy and lower sex time. Please advice.
There was a girl my classmate, we were very close friends. I don't know how I fell for her but I didn't tell her what I felt about her. It's been a year I m in love with her but couldn't tell her. Its really depressing and am not able to concentrate in my studies. How should I forget her?
Anxiety is something you face a lot due to different reasons. It also leads to mutiple problems, including low confidence, giving you an uneasy or uneasy feeling and more importantly affects your general well being and ability to work. If you feel you suffer from anxiety, here are some ways to reduce it.
- Accept the anxiety: Anxiety is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse. The only way to deal with the anxiety mentally is to accept that this is a temporary phase and that it will pass away soon.
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
I have ocd .which is getting worse over tym. Its been 3 years m suffering frm it. I have episodes of depression too. None of therapy works. Neither medicine nor CBT. What should I do now?
Hi, I just want to know if this is a problem. I'm someone who is unable to make up my mind but when I do I constantly keep changing what I want to do all the time. It annoys a lot of people because they get confused. Is this a problem?
I am in love from Past 2 years. And I want to marry my boyfriend. But he is saying no. Plus I'm attached a Lot to him and can't stay a day without seeing him. These days my behavior has changed a Lot. I get stressed easily. I feel like no one is bothered about me. Whenever I fight with him, I feel like committing suicide. I have tried having pills. And have even tried cutting my hand with scissor. Have broken my specs in anger. And when I don't know how to remove my anger. I slap myself. On silly reasons I get annoyed. My anger last reached a high level which I'm not able to control. I stay awake late night crying. I'm not able to concentrate on my work as well. I even realize my mistakes when I'm wrong. But I spoil things in so bad manner that asking for apology makes no sense. I am not able to understand things. Am I into depression? And how do I control my anger. I really love him more than my life. Please help me.
Sir I have some problem body pains how to solve my problem not only me my friends also how to solve.
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns.
He/she experience Doubt
Here's how it works. The person experience an unwanted thought which suggests the possibility of a catastrophic problem. For instance:
- What if I left the stove on, and the neighborhood burns?
- What if I got insecticide on my hands, and my family gets poisoned?
- What stops me from taking the carving knife and stabbing my spouse?
- What if I got poked by a needle infected with HIV?
These are thoughts about catastrophes. Naturally, you want to set them aside, and assure yourself that all is well.
And you try. You try very hard, very repetitively, to persuade yourself that all is well. You probably recognize that the thoughts are pretty exaggerated, even silly. But you keep trying to get rid of them. You try to feel absolutely sure that they're false. Even though you've never experienced these problems in the past, you want somehow to be certain that they will never happen in the future.
Here are some Tips that can help you in overcoming OCD
- Consult a qualified Psychiatrist: A qualified Psychiatrist is the only person who can diagnose and answer your question “Do I have OCD?” Fortunately, effective medicines are available now that can certainly help you overcome OCD. One important thing is, even if the medicines are taking time to work, consult your psychiatrist. Inform your Psychiatrist and he will make necessary changes in the prescription.
- Educate Yourself about OCD: There’s no substitute for being an informed patient. Your understanding of OCD, and of the treatment method, will be a key to your progress. If you’re going to overcome OCD, you need to become an informed consumer.
- Don’t be alone: OCD sufferers tend to do some compulsions to overcome their anxiety and these rituals are silly and awkward, that is why to avoid embarrassment such personally prefer to stay indoors. But staying indoors makes your mind locked in an OCD viscous cycle and it becomes difficult to break the cycle.
- Meditation: Meditation is an ancient relaxation method that can do wonders for you in overcoming OCD.
- Never neglect 3 practices: Regular Exercise, Healthy Diet and Sound sleep.
- Stop comparing yourself with others: it’s human nature to compare ourselves with others. Everyone has problems, difficulties. But they might be hiding there their sorrows, worries behind a mask, conveniently. Do not judge their quality of their happiness by looking at their external appearance.
- Find the cause: Find the real hidden reason for your anxiety, and take measures to reduce it. Sometimes chronic depression, childhood trauma, lack of sufficient sleep, etc. might be the reason.
- Help others: You will feel the satisfaction when you help others and see their smile.
- Don’t control your thoughts: Rather, control your reactions. And, Be happy, remain positive.
- Listen to music: Music has the tremendous power of healing and it diverts your mind.
- Do believe in the theory of KARMA: do your duties, don’t worry about results.