Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shraddha DesaiYour feedback matters!
Good evening, sir I am suffering pain due to some stones in both sides of my kidneys, can you please give me a suggestion to reduce pain and also give some precautions to reduce stones. Please sir.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Fart while i am pee (farting while peeing in between), how it is common? Reason behind it? Do I need to worry? 17 years old?
What is the reason for yellow urine. I do drink more water. And my age is 23. I even do walk and exercise for 1 hour.
I have redness in urethra and and many times it feels uncomfortable and also feel inflammation. I also feel weakness and fatigue in my legs because of this. I am unable to understand the problem. Also the frequency of urine has reduced to 3-4 times a day. Got urine exam and the report reflected 2-3 pus cells nothing else. Please help.
During urine. A transparent liquid comes. What is that? Is this due to overmasturbation? How can I overcome this problem?
Flow of urine from penis is slow and less, because of that I need to go to toilet in every 1-2 hrs And I have got black spots on my penis inside skin, when open to urine, What problem can it be and due to what it happens and how to get rid of it?
Sir/Mam What is the medicine for sugar and I am asking another one question one man urine is blocked but he have drinking a beer and liquor please answering me fast warm regards Himanshu singh.
I am 26 year old. I have frequent urine. Disscomfort in lower area. Irretation in lower part. 2-3puscell in urine. 8-10 puscell I n sperm. No bacteria in culture. Vormating mood. Backside burning. All symptom is related to sperm infection. Doctor give me levofloxion 500mg for 4 week, is this is right treatment.
If in Urine Routine Test Protein is found 20.0 mg/dL (normally nil) and RBC is found 10-13 RBC/HPF (maxm 3-4, preferably nil) Pus Cell 5-7 WBC/HPF, Epithelial Cells ++(in fair nos) but the Urine Culture Report taken from the same sample shows No Aerobic pyogenic Organism Growth after 48 hours of incubation at 37 degree centigrade. My question is whether this will not be reflected in Culture Report. The UTI medications taken on the basis of routine test report completely remission the fever from 101 degree. Then what is the fallacy in Culture Test. RBC and Protein Problem will not be reflected?
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc. People with high blood pressure or diabetes are more likely to have CKD. This disease leads to other complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anaemia and pericarditis.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine. Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases like Kidney Stone Treatment, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.