Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shonak ParekhYour feedback matters!
I'm currently under Anti - Tuberculosis allopathic medication for the past three months. Lately I've got a problem of eyesight. There seems bubble-like matter and dark spots moving in front of my eyes. I even feel a haziness and dizziness leading to a sort of vertigo due to this. I think this has been due to the side-effects of my anti- tuberculosis medicines. Is there a serious risk to my eyesight? What should I do? Can you please suggest any suitable health tip for my eyes?
Hi I am 30 years male. My left eye is badly affected by serpiginous choroiditis. Can it attack again? How can I safe my eyes from this attack. Is these decease completely curable?
My daughter 20year old some days her eyes portion not pure white, red lines there. First time first month when her periods not come. What we do. What test. She has 70kg weight.
Hi I am 27 years old. I am allergic patient. I have a problem of blinking or twitching of eyes. Kindly advice.
My eye is damaged due to blast of higher frequency bomb. And headache is consistent please solve my problem.
Sir there happened to my eyes like flue. It is now totally red and pain alot. I am not abe to see clearly. What should I do!
Hello sir, I am taking glaucoma medication from last 3 years. I am 30yr old. My doctor says I need to take medicine for life long. Is there any alternative, if no then I am thinking of trying ayurvedic, please advise.
I have black spots as well pimples on may back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months. Bat did not see any changers. What should I do?
I sleeping nearly for 8 hours a day, even though my eye looks lazy and blood circulation to my eye is very less. Is there any severe problems in my eyes?
Sir I have a dowt about my eye problem. I got information about laser treatment sir is it's reliable.
I am 19 years old. My eyes is week and my no is -2.75 and -3.00 for other eye. I want to do laser treatment so can you tell me doctor is it safe or not. Or cost also in New delhi NCR. And tell me special hospital or surgeon.
My eyes becomes red after generally use laptops and mobiles phones what I do tell me and help me fast.
Hi I am getting headache as I was working mostly with system some times my eyes are watering sometimes. Can you show any solution for this.
My left eye is not synchronized by right eye that is left eye is palm is fully not open with out due to force.
I have been using spectacle from past 20 years for long sight. I want to go for lasik treatment. Can you suggest me good hospitals? And also tell me is there any side effects if I go for lasik?
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.