Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhanaYour feedback matters!
HelloI'm 21 female. My vagina is getting darker. How to whiten it naturally.? And does using shaving products gives me thicker hairs?
My wife usually has fixed date for her periods i. E 15th but from last two months she is getting her periods earlier from 13 to 9th of month. Please suggest.
Is it safe to take juice of pomegranate and beetroot during first trimester. If it is safe, how much it should be taken.
Hi Doc, me & my wife are trying for baby from past few months we learnt about ovulation and planned our intercourse accordingly. My wife had her periods this month by few days late (her period occurred on 30th day) I.e. 12th October it lasted for 5 days we gained the knowledge that my wife ovulate somewhere between 14-16th day of the cycle then recognised that she ovulated 28th Oct. We had sex from 17th Oct till 30th Oct. Her period will start this month Nov between 9-12th, she always gets pimples before her periods even now could see lots of pimples on her face is this the sign of periods approaching. Will she get pregnant this cycle done my best in baby dance. Only if she misses her periods shes pregnant & is it OK to do house hold work as she has lots to do end of the day she's exhausted.
I had sex on 1st april with condom and then I gave her unwanted-72 and then she got nausea and body pain. After that I had sex on 4th april with condom. Now on 8th april she is bleeding for some time. I want to know whether she is pregnant or not. She has her periods on 19th march and she is irregular in her periods. Tell me.
Dear sir i am married on april 19 my wife dated april 24, I m tried to sex on fertile period. But she not pregenent now dated on may 26, she told me my mences period is 24 days. My q is 1. Why my wife didnot pregenent. 2. Which d best fertile peiod on 24 days cycle please reply sir.
Is sifasi 5000 iu injection safe, this is given to my wife. Will there be any serious side effects? Is this recommended?
What is the best diet for pregnant woman? What ought to and what not to eat. My wife is 5 months pregnant and she is 51 kg .is her weight ok considering her pregnancy. Please suggest me.
If pregnancy confirm after that eating papaya then what happens. As it works to stop pregnancy? If not then tell how to stop pregnancy?
I am 35 weeks pregnant. I wanted to know that what to expect during normal delivery with epidural as its my first pregnancy so bit confused and scared. My Dr. planned normal delivery with epidural. Thanks.
My age is 21 yrs since 2-3 yrs I feel some small lumps like structure in my both breasts, should I be worried about it?
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I did a TVS test yesterday for my pregnancy but in the report mentioned no yolk sac/ foetal pole present. But when I did homes test twice it was positive. I missed my periods on 3rd march 2017. Is it too early for tvs.
1. Starving during the day and eating only one meal at night: though this may sound repetitive, it is vital to weight loss and so frequently ignored, that one is forced to remind potential dieters of this.
2. Eating sprouts on a day when you are also eating cooked food: the combination of sprouts and regular cooked food is very fattening. If you are eating sprouts, then do not add anything with it. The best time to eat sprouts is before your workout or early in the morning. But when you eat a bowl of sprouts along with your lunch / dinner, then the sprouts will only form gases and will not be that helpful for weight loss. When having sprouts, do not mix it with any other cooked food.
3. Drinking juices (very fattening) and coconut water (good for kidney, not so good when trying to knock off flab).
4. Eating plenty of ketchup, pickles. Eating too many of the diet foods like diet chocolate, diet fizzy drinks, diet cookies (heavy on fat and loaded with aspartame which in high doses also prevents weight loss).
5. Eating too many carbs: often repeated but true because some people with a carb-sensitive profile do not lose weight despite being on a low calorie diet.
6. Drinking mega-doses of milk and consuming lot of dairy in the form of curd, paneer, cheese: too much of dairy makes the elimination system sluggish, a sensible amount of dairy suits some people but not all blood groups.
7. Drinking tea/coffee more than 8 cups a day: creates toxins within the system which stagnates weight loss.
8. Drinking soup at night does not suit women as it promotes water retention and increases weight.
9. Eating dals at night: too heavy to digest and stays as calories. And here are a few more:
A lot of people consider dals as proteins whereas most dals have only 30% protein so their protein content is 1/3 that of egg and dals have 65-70% carbs (so a lot of dals can add to your carbs too).
10. Doing fad diets like only vegetables and fruits for 7 days will always lead to rebound weight gain.