Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhanaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 year old woman. have swelling in my left armpit. It is painless. It is soft and tender I took a mammogram yesterday. In the result it is given as no abnormality detected. But in breast composition it is given as heterogeneouslydense which may obscure small masses. Is it breast cancer? i am having this swelling for the past two months. Please help me to know what is my problem.
I am 23 years old. M 5 week pregnant. This is my first child. Please tell me what to do and what to don't do in diz week. please this is my first pregnancy and we are very happy.
I had unprotected sex and I'm breastfeeding 3 months old baby. I don't want to get pregnant. What medicine should I have.
My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering left breast lump. She is also taking homeopathic medicine for it last two months but no relief. She complaining pain in left breast continually. Today her mammography of left breast is done. It is the report - Radiological findings - there are increased radio density area seen in left breast. No abnormal calcification seen in left breast. No disruption or destruction of overlying skin of left breast seen. Left nipple appear normal. On ultrasonomamography there are irregular hypo echoic masses with internal echoes measuring approx 3.5 * 2.1 cm & 4.5 * 2.9 cm size seen in upper medial and lower medial quadrant of left breast. Impression -? Multiloculated left breast abscess. Advice -FNAC. Please suggest treatment.
Once is good, twice is better, multiple times , oh is even better. You must have heard about the desire to reach the pinnacle of pleasure multiple times. According to Rachel Carlton Abrams, the co-author of the book named 'The Multi Orgasmic Woman', an average woman is inherently able to climax multiple times. Reaching the climax more than once is not something you should be shy about.
Here are a few tips which can help you reach the climax multiple times:
- Do not be prepared for only one: Never ever be just single-minded. If you prepare yourself for only one orgasm, chances are high that you will not be able to have another after that. If your expectations are limited, then the possibility of you limiting your body to only one orgasm is high. Do not switch of your body mentally or sexually after reaching one climax. You have to be open-minded and be expectant towards being aroused again. If you have the right attitude, then that's the first step towards multiple orgasms.
- Foreplay is necessary: The second key to having multiple climaxes depends on how much time you devote to foreplay. Foreplay is extremely necessary as that will enable both you and your partner to attune your bodies for another climax. You might even reach your climax while your partner is still at the foreplay. Also make sure that you and your partner work towards your second orgasms slowly. Do not hurry too much as that might just mess up the entire experience.
- Exercise regularly: Kegel exercises are usually done to keep the pelvic region fit. If you want to experience multiple orgasms, make sure that you keep your pelvic region fit and fine. Flex your uterine muscles to tighten them; after holding it for some time, loosen them. Do this routine a couple of times. If you combine it with the pelvic connecting crunch, then you will be able to get the maximum out of your next orgasm.
- Take small gaps: It is usually better to keep a small time gap after you have reached one orgasm. It helps to calm you down and your partner sexually. After reaching the climax once, both you and your partner are going to be extremely sensitive to go for another round immediately. Hence if you both take a short break before working up to another climax, it will help you reach the peak.
So, if you still thought that reaching climax multiple times was something very difficult, well now you know it isn't. Try the above methods out and you will get to know why.
I am suffering from pcod and hormonal imbalance. Due to which my periods are irregular. While on doctor 's medicines I get periods but they stop as soon as the medicine coarse is over. Last periods I got was in November 2016. Is pregnancy possible if I am not getting periods from last 5 months?
My wife is pregnant with 6.3 weeks. She is suffering with vomiting every time she have something. Kindly suggest any remedy for the same. For how many months will it continue?
I am having acne problem since last 10 years. My age is 26 years and have gone through ultrasound and Pcod also. Please tell me permanent solution for this.
Here are symptoms, effects, and treatments of PCOS.
Hi I am Dr. Tripti Rheja. I am working as consultant, Gynea and obstetrician, Max Hospital Pitampura. This video will provide you information regarding PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a very common condition that affects up to 10-20 percent of women in India. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a condition that affects your periods, your fertility, your hormone levels and also your appearance. It also affects your long term health. Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are irregular period or absent period, increase facial hair or body hair there could be loss of body hair from head or there could be acne, oily skin and many come with complain of decreased fertility. They find difficulty in conceiving. It can affect your long term health also and it can cause diabetes in around 10-20 percent of patients later in the life. If diabetes remain untreated then it can lead to damage other internal organs also.
Then in some women it can cause high blood pressure since most of these women are overweight and if hypertension or high blood pressure remains untreated then it can cause heart problems also. Then if you have irregular period and if you bleed less than three times a year then there could be the thickening of the lining of uterus which can later on develop into cancer of uterus in some women. To reduce the risk to long term health you can do certain lifestyle modifications. You should have a healthy diet which should contain lots of fruit, vegetables. You should cut down the intake of salt, sugar, caffeine or alcohol. You should exercise regularly. You should exercise for at least 30 minutes in a day for a minimum of three days a week.
Then in addition to losing weight is going to help you if you have PCOS. If you can lose weight there are several benefits like periods will become more regular. You will find conceiving easier than your appearance will improve, there will be the reduction in acne, reduction in facial hair and then there is a benefit to your long term also. There will be less chance of development of diabetes or high blood pressure or cancer of uterus. In addition to these lifestyle changes there are medicines you can take after consultation with your gynecologist. These medicines can help you reducing the symptoms and consequences of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
If you want to consult me further you can connect me via lybrate. You can do chat or you can do video call or you can book an appointment via lybrate.
Hello dear, I am 27 year old, I have married last year, I have no any child till. My period date is 7th of month but this month periods has not come till date 27-11-15, I have checked pregnancy two times today also, pregnancy test show negative result, some one say this is happened because of harmonic disbalance, please suggest me medicine for getting period Or please tell me because of this I will face any problem in pregnancy in future.
Hi am 35th weeks pregnant now. I went check up after 13 days. But my weight didn't increase it show same weight. I worried that my baby weight didn't increase properly. I wanna to know weather my baby weight increased or not?
Is oral sex OK? I mean if my girl friend swallows my sperm, what will happen? Is there any problem in it? And if if I lick her vagina, will I have any problem?
My daughter 33 years old unmarried has fibroid in the womb. It is about 3cm in size. Is there any danger to conceived and to get pregnant? Is it life threatening if not treated?
How to treat hot flashes after menopause?
A hot flash, at times called a hot flush, is a speedy sensation of heat and once in a while a red, flushed face accompanied by sweating. The exact reason for hot flashes is not known, but rather might be associated with changes in circulation. Hot flashes happen when the blood vessels close to the skin's surface widen to cool. A woman may likewise sweat to chill off her body. What is more, a few ladies have a fast heart rate or chills. Hot flashes are the most common symptom of menopause.
Hot flashes differ among women experiencing menopause. A few of them have hot flashes for a brief span during menopause. Other ladies may have hot flashes forever. For the most part, hot flashes are less extreme over time. You most likely cannot maintain a strategic distance from hot flashes during menopause, yet there are things that might make them more serious. To prevent hot flashes, keep away from these triggers:
- Spicy nourishments
- Tight clothing
- Tobacco or smoke
Different things you can do to keep hot flashes under control include:
- Stay cool: Keep your room cool during the evening. Use fans during the day. Wear light layers of garments with regular strands, for example, cotton. Using cooling pads to lay your head on during the evening may be useful.
- Breathing: Try deep and moderate stomach breathing (six to eight breaths for each moment). Try to relax for fifteen minutes in the morning, fifteen minutes at night and at the onset of hot flashes.
- Exercise: Exercise every day. Walking, swimming, moving, and bicycling are all great ways to keep fit and keep hot flashes at bay.
- Hormone substitution treatment: Talk to your specialist about taking hormone substitution treatment, or HRT, for a brief span – less than 5 years. This treatment prevents hot flashes from occurring in numerous women. In addition, it can help different symptoms of menopause, including vaginal dryness and mood issue. Remember that when you quit taking HRT, the hot flashes may return. Short-term HRT has a few dangers, including blood clots and gallbladder aggravation. In case that HRT is not a good fit for you, there are different medicines that may offer help.
- Botanicals and herbs: Some herbs can help soothe the hot flashes. These are:
- Soy items: Plant estrogens, found in soy items, are thought to have weak estrogen-like impacts that may decrease hot flashes. Soy food and not supplements are prescribed.
- Dark cohosh: A few studies propose that dark cohosh might be useful in the short-term (six months or less) to treat hot flashes and night sweats. Symptoms include gastrointestinal problems.
- Evening primrose: This oil is another plant that is regularly used to treat hot flashes. Symptoms include queasiness and loose bowels. Ladies taking certain medicines, for example, blood thinners, should not take evening primrose oil.
- Flaxseed: This is thought to diminish the side effects of menopause, especially hot flashes. It's otherwise called linseed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Dear sir meri wife ko mens k samay dard rahta hai aour pet ke neeche ka bhaag fhula huaa hai. Mujhe bataye ki mai unhe koun se spacelist doctor ko dikhau. Please help me Thx.
We have married one year ago After continue sex We could not conceive a child My semen analysis and my wife's examination are okay What we do?
I have fungus over vagina? I tried many formulations from azole family. But no use. Please suggest what should I do?
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 15 if this month. She had her periods on 7 and ended in 4 or 5 days. We had unprotected sex allot of times, will she get pregnant. I am asking on basis of the period maths?
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.