Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhanaYour feedback matters!
I had an oral sex with my gf where I put my tongue and finger inside her vagina (no penis touch) after 10 days she got her period only for one night. What could be the problem is she pregnant? Is it possible a girl can be pregnant without having sex just only by tongue and finger? If no what could be the reason?
I am 24 year oldold women. My boyfriend and I had sex on 10th november. I hadam periods few days before that. We used protection but it was loose and n so we used unwanted 72 (contraceptive pill. Then we had sex on 24th november, we used protection. We checked the condom to see if it was bursted but it wasn't and now its 19th december and I am 1 week and 2 days late. We are sure about the protection that it didn't burst. Is this because of the pill but it was told to us that it will be late only for a week but now its more than that. I have been having stomach ache regularly for the past week. Pls help. Am I pregnant? Pls explain in detail. Should we be worried. Will I have my periods?
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.