Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shoaib Akhai
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shoaib AkhaiYour feedback matters!
I having problem in my teeth and it's really tough to handle it is that any solution to this problem which helps me to reduce the stress and problem in my teeth can you please tell me that and my teeth having some problem to inside can you please solve it too.
His teeth is starting paining after eating less cold things also what can he do for curing it is there any way to cure it if yes then please tell me I will help him with it.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.
I'm 24 years old and my teeth are not in order, Is it possible to get those in order at this age as some people said that at this age teeth becomes fit with the jaws so it's not possible if do so it may weaken my teeth.
I have a problem with my teeth for long 10 days I consulted a dentist he told that root canal treatment has to be done?
I want to increase my brain power. What would b the best way. I have heard about using nicotine. I am non smoker, shud I start using nicotine gums? Is there any side effects? Is it very addictive?
I have an extra tooth coming out in my cavity how do I get rid of it can you please suggest a treatment for it.
I have developed a little ulcer near the leukoplakia area under the right side of my tongue. Will it automatically disappear and can be automatically cured if can leave smoking?
While eating anything there is voice coming out of my mouth just like a tick tick. Sometimes it doesn't happen but most of the time it happens. So tell me the sol of this.
Hello Dr. By brother has some yellowish spots on his teeth's. According to doctors v consulted they r due to water problem (excess florine. Dr. Can you please tll how to remove them. In less time period except gng to dentists.
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
I teeth is getting yellow I try to clean it but it can not please help me, give me a solution to keep clean my teeth and remove plaque from my teeth.
I have the problem of teeth. I brush it daily but my girl friend says that it is smelling. So what should I do.
I was undergoing a root canal for having a puss in teeth but i couldn't continue the whole process doctor has left some metaphar or something (cotton like material) inside my tooth for cleaning puss. Its been 1 year. What to do now is it harmfull ? please help me.
Hello, I have a problem with my mouth that is when I close my mouth for some time It smells very bad. Is it normal. If not then what should I do for it?
Getting your teeth cleaned may give you more than a sparkling white smile -- it may give you something to smile about, like your health.
In a large study, people who had their teeth professionally scaled at least once every two years were 24% less likely to have a heart attack, compared with those who skipped the hygienist. Scaling cleans between the gums and the teeth.
And their risk of stroke dropped by 13%, says study researcher zu-yin chen, md, a cardiology fellow at the veterans general hospital in Taipei, Taiwan.