Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I have gone resort when after coming from there my face become dark due to chemical in water. so what is the solution? it's happen every time when I go resort please tell the solution.
I am a 21 year old male. I am having rash all over my face and belly. It is red and had swollen my face. If I shave or trim, it increases rapidly. So please give me a solution and proper medication.
I am normally neither white nor black. Can I be able to become more brighter than my natural colour? Can I be more white? What should I apply on my face?
I am suffering from dry scaly eyelids for so many years. I remember once I went to doctor and he prescribed some ointment and it got reduced. But now days it started again. And its really hard to remove those flakes. What should I do. Any ointments for it to remove? Or make it soft. It should go by one simple wash.
How to get rid of white hair? Why does it comes at the age of 19 years and pimples and to keep face white? Please help me
I have a wart kind of thing in my face, please find attached pic of same. I consulted a dermatologist earlier, he tried to burn it 4 times but it used to grow again and he also tried with nitrogen to freeze it but no success. For past 6 months I am having homeopathy treatment but same story no improvement. Please guide me what to do.
I have two questions mam first is my lips colour slowly turned to black from one year it is not looking good so I want them natural look like red or pink plez tell me and.
Hi. My problem is I have used pandram +. First time my skin getting fair then some days after my skin have very dark. How to renew my skin? please help me.
My face is getting dull through wrinkles in very young age I want to make my face clear from spot nd wrinkles.
On my left breast i am having itching problem because of it, black scar is also developed on the lower region of breast . I want to know the cause & treatment regarding it. Plz help i am scared.
Hi, am 23 old Female, am doing job in bangalore, I shifted here just before 7 months only and staying in PG, my native is Davangere, karnata. Before to shift here I was working in my native only, when I was in native my hair and face was so good, but nowadays am observing that myhair become so thin and it not at all growing and so so so much of dandruff and same as hair fall like the surrounding area of my forehead the scalp is becoming to visible like there is so less hair, that on my face some black marks and black heads happening in the place of below my lips in chin, and am facing pimple problem on my face too as I will not have pimples when I was in my native. In my PG there is salt water to all works and for drinking water only they will purify that salt water and food is also not good. Is salt water reason for these all problems? Or else any other reason is there. Pls pls pls help me and suggest me some effective solutions pls pls. Am worried and afraid by these kind of symptoms.
My complexion is fair. But I was involved in an outdoor game for a month. I realised that I had tanned a lot. Is it possible to reverse the tan?
My legs and neck have very much tanning. I want to remove unevenness from my face also. It has become very dull due to dark circles and unevenness which results in hyperpigmentation. Pls help me. My skin is not much dry and not much oily. It is normal. How to remove tanning soon as I have to attend a marriage next month?
I got severe pain in my anus. I use to travel a lot in bike, seems it could be a hemorrhoids. Can I have home remedy and pain killer for that.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation:
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation.