Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 45 year old & have two children. My LMP was on 24 July. & I am pregnancy test positive. Is there any home remedy or medicine to discontinue pregnancy at home. Please advice.
My partner vagina is extending upto d margin to put my pennis in she suffers from pain when I try to do so what shld she or I do.
I had sex with my girlfriend she started bleeding after that she had sex with 5 person, now can I have sex her, is there any chance of aids what should I do?
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"
I have a blood flowing with my urine and have pain in my left abdomen for past 3 months what is the cause, I am 23 years old.
Treating your own headaches
You don't necessarily need a doctor's prescription to treat your headaches. Here are some ways you can find relief, without
Apply an ice pack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples, or the back of your neck.
Take a warm bath or shower; take a nap; or take a walk.
Ask someone to rub your neck and back, or treat yourself to a massage.
Apply gentle, steady rotating pressure to the painful area of your head with your index finger and/or thumb. Maintain pressure for seven to 15 seconds, then release. Repeat as needed.
Rest, sit, or lie quietly in a low-lit room. Close your eyes and try to release the tension in your back, neck, and shoulders.
If you have excessive muscle contractions in the neck, it may be helpful to perform
Physical therapy exercises every day.
I had an ovary cyst laser operation 2 month ago and after that an injection was given in bump. A big lump was formed after the injection. Noe after two months it it becom smaller but itis not going away and sometimes there is pain also in the hip and leg. Please suggest what I should do.
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex 3 weeks before! Her periods were 9 days late and when we checked the pregnancy test it was negative! Today she had very less bleeding which we thought of periods starting and it had clots in it! What should we do? Is she pregnant and please be specific and I gave her an ipill too just after sex! One of your colleague just said nothing in the reply!
Hello Doctor, In month of April I got an abortion due to my baby's brain not developed. So my doc suggest me to use folic acid tabs for 3 months as per today my 3 months has completed, can you just suggest me, should I plan for Baby now. One more thing when I got abortion my weight is not putting, even I have very dark circles. Please help me out in this.
Over exerting our bodies and indulging in excessive physical exercise might result in complications. It could lead to muscular, psychological, hormonal, neurological and other imbalances. Clinical psychological says too many hours in gym can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome" one must remember that anything that your body does will directly affect your mind"
I am 31 year old, mujhe thyroid hai aur do hi bacchay hai, aur weight bhi bahoth hai mujhe pregneny ke liye kya karna hoga, aur weight loose ke liye kya karna hoga.
I have pcod, I used medicines for 1 month, I got my periods regular& this month I got my periods before 1 week of the date, is that a sign of curing pcod?
I take birth control pill after having sex but now I am worried about my periods can you please help me about it.
I have a problem PCOD and doctor has prescribed me medicine hormone-F before that I was taking another medicines and the periods where regular but this time I had unprotected sex and my periods have not came yet what would be the reason?
I am 29 years old. We are trying to have baby, I have never missed a period, this month I missed it .i am 20 days due to my periods by got a negative pregnancy test. Please let me know why is that.
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
4. Avoiding Unhealthy Food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.