Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shirish S. ShethYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my bf. before 2 day from periods. Now I have heavy stomach pain. I am facing some more issues during periods. Is it possible than I am pregnant.
Doc Cousin have miscarriage N first time me bahut bleeding hui, Fir ab period date ane me 7-8 weeks lage n abi firse heavy bleeding ho rai hai continuously 5 din se ho rahi hai Thick blood. Pain bhi bahut hai puri body mein N weekness aa gai hai To kya karna chahiye Medication ya koi suggestion please Jisse complete clean ho jaye andar se Ya kuch bleeding k lye Aur kab tak ese hoga Normal periods kab honge?
Sir I have a intercourse with my gf in last month 20th and on that tym she was passed her periods on week ago. But during intercourse I think I release my sperm outside but now her periods were not happening. She feels pain in her stomach as like during her periods but menses not occurring wht should I do. According to her the tym period for her menses is completed but she will not having her menses. Please help me immediately.
My wife suffer form irregular periods and it is hormonal imbalance. I have not use contraceptive pills.
I am 24 years old I get irregular periods at certain times and I get pain in the bladder how can I help it?
Bhagwad Gita and Yoga Shastras categorize food into three types corresponding to their properties termed as gunas. Depending upon satoguna, rajoguna and tamoguna, the food items are categorized as satwik, rajsik or tamsik.
Satwik food provides calmness, purity and promotes longevity, intelligence, strength, health, happiness and delight. The examples of satwik food items are fruits, vegetables, leaves, grains, cereals, milk, honey, etc. These items can be consumed as they are. One can also live on satwik food for life.
Rajsik food items possess attributes of negativity, passion and restlessness. Hot, spicy and salty food items with pungent, sour and salt taste promote rajas qualities.
Tamsik food has attributes of inducing sleep, ignorance, dullness and inertia. The examples of tamsik food are meat, onions, garlic, leftover food, etc.
Only satwik food is offered to God. Rajsik and tamsik food is never offered as Bhog. The only persons who were offered tamsik and rajsik food in Ramayana are Ahi Ravana and Kumbhkaran. Both had an evil nature. Kumbhkaran signified tamas and Ahi Ravana, rajas or aggression. Tamsik and rajsik food can be converted into satwik by slow heating, sprouting or keeping them in water overnight. The examples are sprouted wheat and chana (chickpeas), etc.
A mixture of honey, milk, ghee, curd and sugar is called panchamrut and is a routine offering to the God. All the five components have satwik properties and their consumption promotes health.
In Ayurveda, there is a saying that any food item, which grows under the ground, is tamsik in nature and one, which comes from the top of the tree or plant like leaves, flower and fruits are satwik in nature. Satwik food is usually fresh, seasonal and locally grown.
Human beings are made up of body, mind and soul and soul is equated to consciousness or God. Whatever offered to external God if offered to the internal God or consciousness leads to inner happiness. The ritual, therefore, of offering food to God before eating forces us to either eat only satwik food or to include a substantial portion of satwik food in our meals. It helps a person convert his meal into a pure satwik one or at least adding satwik items.
Sprinkling water around the plate is considered an act of purification.
Many people confuse bhog with chadhava or offerings to the deity. While bhog is shared with God, chadhava is the offering of your illness or negative thoughts to the God and you go back with prasada of inner happiness. Many people counter the above argument by saying that alcohol is offered to Bhairon, viewed as a demon God, which means alcohol, is good for health. I personally feel that alcohol is offered to Bhairon not as a bhog but as an offering which means that people who are addicted to alcohol go to Bhairon and give their share of alcohol to him so they can de–addict themselves.
What is the best position to get pregnant, as i'm trying to get pregnant from last 11months but all in vain.
My wife is pregnant and 4th month going on. Can you please suggest is it safe to have sex...when we can do sex during pregnancy i need a suggestion
Mothers, universally, have been faithful torchbearers of the benefits of milk. Cow, buffalo, camel or soy, milk happens to be an indispensable part of your diet. Instead of taking age old conventions for granted a little bit of thought into your food can improve your health. Usually, most households consume cow milk.
While cow milk is definitely favorable for one's health, adult and child all the same, buffalo milk has its plus points too. Your subjective case might profit from buffalo milk. Read up on the advantages of drinking buffalo milk to choose better.
Buffalo milk will help you in these many ways:
- It will bring down your cholesterol levels: Bad cholesterol levels or LDL is detrimental to one's health. Buffalo milk helps to bring down bad cholesterols. It is low in cholesterol and should therefore, be a great supplement. A glass of this milk every day can keep your heart in order.
- If you want your child to put on weight, feed him or her Buffalo milk: Being skinny or rickety could be a worrying problem. In comparison to cow milk, buffalo milk has a huge amount of fat content. It can help you increase muscle mass adding strength to your physique. If you are an adult facing issues related to lower muscle mass, you should start drinking buffalo milk. Children gain energy through regular consumption of this kind of milk.
- Befriend vitamins by drinking this milk: Buffalo milk has a rich creamy texture. It can deal with your want for vitamins. Thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin C are present in this milk. It also has a good amount of folate, vitamin B6 and niacin. This milk is rich in vitamin B12, which can prevent you from heart attacks and strokes. Buffalo milk also contains riboflavin.
- It is also rich in protein: Two glasses of buffalo milk each day accounts for 19g of protein. It is known to contain all nine kinds of amino acids. If it is part of your daily diet, your immunity and resistance are being taken care of.
- It will make up for your mineral deficiency: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus are some of the minerals this milk contains. It helps to strengthen your bones and teeth thus, protecting you against osteoporosis.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Benefits of paneer for bones and teeth
Strengthens bones and teeth
Paneer is a high protein food having high level of calcium and phosphorus which helps in building strong bones and teeth.
Prevents from bone and teeth diseases
It prevents from various bones diseases like osteoporosis, joints pain and tooth problems like tooth decay and gums problems.
Provides instant energy
It is very energetic food provides instant energy after heavy exercises thus has capacity to fulfill calorie requirement of the body and improves the growth and development of the bones.
It helps in lowering the lower body pain, back pain and joint pain.
Fights with rheumatoid arthritis
It has omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids which helps in fighting with the rheumatoid arthritis and other bone problems.
Prevents teeth from harmful sugars
Its low level of the lactose content helps in protecting the teeth against harmful sugars.
Protects from tooth cavities
Its vitamin d availability along with the calcium prevents from the tooth cavities by preventing tooth enamels and helps to maintain good dental health.
Prevents from the skeletal deformation
Vitamin k and magnesium found in it calcify the bones and prevents from the skeletal deformation.
Benefits of paneer for weight loss
High protein diet
Paneer is high protein diet having monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat which helps in lowering the body weight, managing weight as well as reducing the risk of insulin resistance syndrome.
It has high level of dietary fibers which helps in digestion by improving the metabolism thus helps in reducing the weight.
Benefits of paneer for cancer prevention
Prevents from cancer
It is the good source of high quality protein which reduces the risk of various types of cancer such as stomach cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and etc.
It has some cancer protecting agents called conjugated linoleic acid and sphingolipid which reduces the risk of cancer.
A healthy vagina is the basis of stellar sexual health and wellness. By practicing healthy habits and awareness, it's possible to avoid itches, rashes, and infections. Start by wiping right after a bowel movement. Avoid douches, scented soaps, and feminine hygiene products. Eating probiotic food like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut can keep the vaginal balance intact. Add in some Kegel exercises and yoga asanas to keep your vagina strong and flexible.
Everyday Habits For a Healthy Vagina:
- Wipe Properly And No Douching
- Stop Using Feminine Hygeine Products, Eat Probiotics
- Change Pad Every 6-8 Hours And Practice Safe Sex
- Visit A lady Sexologist When Needed And Practice Yoga
9 Ways To Keep Vaginal Problems In Check
1. Wipe From Back To Front
Wiping after a bowel movement seems like a trivial task. Yet, there is a healthy and safe way to go about it. Start from the front and move backward. In women, the openings of the anus and vagina are fairly close together. If you wipe from back to front, you increase the risk of bringing bacteria from the anus into the vagina. This move can trigger bacterial vaginosis, a vaginal infection characterized by a fishy smell, discharge, and itching. It is also marked by a burning sensation that amplifies when you urinate. So make it a point to start from the back and work toward the front. It may take some getting used to, but it’s the type of habit that will protect your vaginal health.1
2. Avoid Douching
Douching is the act of cleaning the vagina by spraying it with water or other fluids. Many believe that this practice will get rid of bad odor and menstrual residue. It’s much different than a simple rinse around the vagina, though. (The latter doesn’t do any harm, and can be a part of a regular shower or wash.) However, about 1 in 4 American women ages 15 to 44 years douche. Popular products include prepackaged douches containing vinegar, iodine, and baking soda. These douches are made to be inserted into the vagina using a nozzle or tube.
Unfortunately, this can adversely impact the natural balance inside the vagina. From dryness to irritation, douching can cause problems that weren’t there in the first place.3Douching doesn’t just flush out the good bacteria but can also help bad bacteria flourish, leading to conditions like a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. A healthy vagina needs certain levels of both bacteria, after all. And if you already have a bacterial infection? Douching can encourage the bacteria to move into the uterus, ovaries, and Fallopian tube. This can also cause an infection that can transform into pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious inflammation of the reproductive organs.4
Needless to say, douching should be avoided for prime vaginal health. The vagina naturally cleanses itself by emitting discharge and mucus. And while it may be tempting to speed it up, the vagina is perfectly capable of handling it on its own.
3. Ditch Feminine Hygiene Products
But do we really need them? Most soaps are basic in nature, while the natural vaginal pH tends to be acidic. When you wash the vagina with these soaps too often, the natural state is thrown for a loop. It gives harmful microbes a chance to grow, causing bacterial vaginosis and fungal infections. Fragrances in soaps, cleansers, and gels can also irritate the vagina. While there’s a ton of debate on this topic, there’s no proof yet that vaginal washes can actually maintain an acidic pH. Yet, many products claim to do so. The vagina can maintain a healthy pH by itself. And if it is unable to do so, symptoms of itching and a foul-smelling discharge will manifest. At that point, a doctor’s intervention is the only thing needed.
4. Eat Probiotics
While a nutritious, balanced diet is important for reproductive health, probiotics have an exceptionally special role. The vaginal canal has a natural level of good bacteria that keep it healthy. Most notably, this includes the Lactobacillus bacteria. Research even speculates that inadequate amounts of Lactobacilli in the vagina can lead to a greater susceptibility to infections, from yeast infections to HIV type 1.8 So if you’re looking to optimize your vaginal health, eat foods that are rich in probiotic bacteria. Need ideas? Yogurt and fermented foods like kimchi, or miso are all tasty options.
5. Maintain Good Menstrual Hygiene
With the invention of high-absorbency pads, it’s easy to forget how important it is to change them regularly. Otherwise, bacterial overgrowth, rashes, and general discomfort may occur. To prevent these from conditions from developing, experts recommend changing pads every six to eight hours.9
Tampons aren’t much different. Leaving them in for longer than eight hours has been known to increase the chances of a potentially fatal condition called toxic shock syndrome. Your best bet is to change them at least four to five times a day.10 The Women’s Voices for the Earth report also points out that the dioxins, pesticidal residues, and fragrance chemicals in tampons and sanitary pads may pose a risk to reproductive and endocrine health, aside from causing allergies and infections.11Looking for an alternative? Consider a reusable menstrual cup instead of these conventional products.
6. Practice Safe Sex
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with protecting your sexual health when you’re with a new partner (or multiple partners). Use physical barriers such as condoms and diaphragms to protect yourself from contracting a sexually transmitted disease.13
Another safe sex practice is urination after sexual intercourse. This simple habit can help get rid of bacteria in the urethra and bladder. You can also wash around the vagina after sex to prevent unwanted bacteria and foreign bodies from entering the vaginal canal after sex. But remember, these actions won’t prevent sexually transmitted infection. A physical barrier is still your best option.
7. Visit A Lady Sexologist For Preventive Care
Whether you have a mild itch or a suspicion of something serious, a doctor is a good person to turn to. If you have a persistent itch for more than a week or if it turns into inflammation with a smelly discharge, see a doctor immediately. And if there’s a new vaginal hygiene practice that catches your attention, a doctor is the best person to assess if it is right for you.
8. Perform Kegel Exercises
The vaginal canal is made up of muscles just like the arms and legs. Pelvic floor exercises that involve contracting and relaxing muscles in the hip region can be very helpful in keeping the vagina strong and flexible. This is especially ideal post-pregnancy when the vagina loses some of its elasticity. By doing these exercises often, it can be restored to its previous physical state.
9. Give Yoga A Shot
Performing yoga regularly can also help your vaginal muscles. The ashwini mudra (horse pose) can increase blood flow to the pelvic region, tone the vaginal muscles, and keep the vaginal tissue healthy.17Specifically, this move entails contracting and releasing muscles in the pelvic region.
A poor sex life because of loss of libido is a matter of concern for both men and women. When a man or woman experiences the lack of sexual longing and has got a poor libido, it can lead to several problems or issues in the relationship. No person would want to have low libido because it affects their sexual performance.
Causes of low libido:
- Extreme stress and anxiety cause low libido
- Overindulging in rich, spicy and salty food also causes lowering of libido
- Having sex with a person you are not comfortable with causes low libido
- Having too many sexual activity may also lead to low libido
- Drugs and tobacco also affect libido
- Lack of nitric oxide in the body leads to lowering of libido. Insufficient blood supply affects erection in men
- Low levels of testosterones lower libido in men
Ayurveda, the ancient medical system since medieval times, is an effective remedy for treating or improving low libido. Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for improving your libido and sexual life as a whole.
- Ashwagandha: This is an Ayurvedic herb, which is also known as ginseng. It is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb, which can be used for curing impotence, infertility and cases of premature ejaculation. This herb also nourishes our nerves and enables better nerve functioning. This makes the body adapt to stress better. This herb reduces the effect of intense stress and tiredness from our body and enhances sexual performance. You can take this herb with hot milk, ginger, honey or hot water.
- Shatavari: This is a an Ayurvedic herb also known as asparagus racemosus. This herb helps in enhancing fertility in women. It nourishes the ovum and other reproductive organs in women. Restoration of hormonal balance and promotion of blood formation and circulation is also enhanced by this herb. Risk of miscarriage is also lowered in women. It also boosts libido in both men and women. It also cures impotence, spermatorrhea and sexual organ inflammations.
- Shilajit: This herb is known as a divine nectar in Ayurveda and enhances sexual functioning in men. The herb works like an aphrodisiac and improves the quality and count of sperms in men. It also regulates balance of sexual hormones and enables proper hormonal functioning. Shilajit is commonly called the Ayurvedic Viagra.
- Garlic: Garlic is used in Ayurveda for many purposes, which also includes boosting of sexual libido in men and women. It improves the working of sexual organs after any sort of injury or disease. Ayurvedic remedies are ideal for increasing libido in men and women. Ayurveda is a totally natural form of medicine, with no side effects.