Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shirish S. ShethYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I want ask about my monthly periods. It is not regular, and always delay with intolerable pain. The duration is always around 8 days and bleeding is heavy. Please give me an advise, how to get rid of this problem.
I'm pregnant 5 weeks .What should we do in pregnancy like what should I do sex .What diet is better for me.
Hi doctor. I am 22+. I had unprotected sex with my partner on 20 and 21 july. I had my last periods on 22 june. and now of this month my periods should start on before 22 july or on the exactly 22nd july. But till now I'm missing it. Don't know what to do. please advice?
Hi Sir/ Madam, We got an unsafe sex and my wife get pregnant of 30 - 35 days. Actually we are not ready for that. So please suggest me. If medical abortion will be any problem for future pregnancy (after 2 or 3 years)? Please suggest me.
I lost my pregnancy 6before madam now Im trying to conceive but period r irregular Howto get period in time n how to get pregnant fast?
Hi doctor, for irregular periods, I have been suggested from Dr. Sucharita Picasso to take" pulsatilla 1m" dose daily for one week. My hearty thanks for her. My question - Is" pulsatilla 1m" a syrup or a tablet? so that accordingly I can ask in medical shop to get the same. I searched in google but I dint get information regarding the same. Kindly help me.
My wife delivered our first child at the age of 35 in a gynic hospital. She had pph- dic after delivery. She was given carboprost, 2 units of blood, and 2 units of ff plasma (i do not know the volume in ml.). I faintly recall the doctor saying she had to compress the uterus. Maybe in 3 hours the bleeding stopped. The next day in the laboratory the clotting test gave normal results. My queries: 1) can dic occur during delivery without uterine atony? 2) my wife is 15-20 days pregnant now at the age of 42-43. Should we abort on the grounds of fear of pph-dic only, (not considering other things like down syndrome). Our gynaec says that pph may not necessarily occur. But if at all it occurs: can active management of the third stage of labour (or by any other method) her life be saved? what is the probability of risk? what will happen to an individual cannot be predicted but in what percentage the odds are, I would like to know. Whether we should take the risk? her hemoglobin is around 9-10.
In 2013 I was took dots dose. For tuberculosis. Does it effects on fertility. Bcoz we are trying to conceive from last one year but it is not work.
Hi am 12 weeks pregnant and recently got my reports for thyroid. The TSH shows 5.850 value which I think is quite high during pregnancy. I think thats the reason I have been losing weight. My weight was 50 kgs n now m just 46.1 kg. My height being 5.7" M really worried about my health n d baby as well. Does thyroid harm the baby? And d medicines? What is safer. alopathic or homeopathic? I am always irritated since I hv conceived. So much of mood swings. I do not feel like eating anything. What is happening I am unable to understand. Please guide n help me with the problem n advise me with the best possible solution.
I am 25 year old female, now i'm pregnant i'm getting too much of back pain it is un bearable so what can I do. Please help me. Thanking you.
Dear Sir, How sex is healthy if I have sex with a 30 years old women without using a condom and she is having two Children's.
Viral Hepatitis can invade the body and attack the liver systems. It has five different types, Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E. While hepatitis can be treated, it is best to prevent it in the first place.
Here are some simple, easy to follow tips that can prevent hepatitis from spreading.
1) Know how it spreads - Hepatitis can pass from individual to individual or through blood, body fluids, infected faeces. Contaminated food and water can also cause hepatitis. Hepatitis B, C and D in particular spread through contact with infected blood.
2) Get Vaccinations - Immunization can help you protect yourself against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations for Hepatitis C, D or E aren’t available. But Hepatitis C can be cured with anti-viral medications. For Hepatitis D, the infected person needs to get Hepatitis B to survive.
3) Avoid Sharing Personal Items - Don’t share as it is a high-risk behaviour for Hepatitis. Be sure that needles for body piercings, acupuncture and tattooing are safe and disposable to avoid the risk of contamination.
4) Avoid Sharing Grooming Items- If you are living with someone who has or is at risk of Hepatitis, make sure that you avoid sharing grooming items as undetectable quantities of blood or other bodily fluids on razors and toothbrushes can lead to spread of virus.
5) Alcohol and Drugs - Hepatitis is a high risk among people who use excessive alcohol and over the counter medications. Liver inflammation and liver damage puts individual at risk of contracting Hepatitis and therefore, alcohol or prescription drugs and herbal supplements must be avoided and taken only after physician’s consultation.
6) When Travelling- Avoid eating raw fruits, vegetables and raw shellfish, avoid eating at unhygienic places, brush teeth and rinse mouth with clean water, avoid iced drinks or adding ice to the drinks while traveling to avoid contracting the condition.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi i m 7 months pregnant now after the scan the report that one of the fetal upper limbs could not be assessed due to fetal position otherwise no obvious gross fetal anomalies noted. What does it mean I'm very scared Is there any problem?
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
It helps if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.