Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shirish AglechaYour feedback matters!
I usually get periods 20th of every month. So when to do safe sex to avoid pregnancy. What time period is suitable. I am getting married this year. So I wanted to know what are safe means to do sex?
How do I get rid of Campbell de Morgan's spots and skin tags? Is there laser treatment available for both of these lesions?
She used to get acidify continuously. After acidity start. She get, s headache. For headache she is used to take combiflam medicine. What we should do for her acidity and headache.
I am experiencing acne and facial hair from past 4 years. Now my face is filled with scars. My sister is diagnosed with pcod, just wondering if even I have the same and is it the reason for acne and hair. I did my hormone test as prescribed by the endocrinologist but didn't get time to show him the results. I have even thyroid and taking the thyro norm doses regularly. Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of acne and facial hair. I am 34.
A abdominal infection is occurred at the first there is continuous vomiting but now vomiting is over and what are food we should take at this time.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I would like to give my wife a good time. I need your help.
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased as harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant, though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes immunosuppressive medications life long.
- Prevention of infection: Patient has to take care all the measures to prevent infections as they are more prone to infections.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, HTN etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related or cadavers (after brain death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and first reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done - patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, HTN, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc.
Consult a Nephrologist before going for renal transplant for detailed check up or line of action.
I am 28 years old. 7 years ago I fell down on the rock on upward faced, so I got injured on back side of head, little bit blood came out on that day. But I neglected that, now I feeling that something is happened, so what is the remedy for this?
Maine bachpan me hi hardwork kiya aur din me bhut baar exercise krta rhta tha, khana khane k baad v, jiski wajah se mere pet me packs bn gye jiski wajah se na hi mera hight bdha aur na hi mera body develop ho rha hai jaisa main 15 sal me tha waisa hi body aaj v hai mere stomach k tissue me koi development nhi ho rha jiski wajah se mera body breath nhi le pa rha please mujhe consult kre jisse mera stomach fale, lachila ho aur komal.
I am a 29 year old male. I fell off from a bike 11 years ago in 2006 and was injured on the left leg. I was wearing a helmet and did not suffer any head injury. I did not know anything about concussions back then and neither the doctor who treated my leg tell me about the possibility of having a concussion. I have now read what a concussion is and how it can happen. Though I did not get hit on the head by any object, but I have read that even a jerk or sudden stoppage can move the brain back and forth in the skull and can cause neuron damage. I do not remember getting any symptoms of concussion back then and neither did I pay any attention to such symptoms. I am now feeling scared that I might have had a concussion which I did not notice and might have suffered some brain damage including damage to neurons. Are such damages permanent or does the brain recover itself? Do I need to be scared for the rest of my life? Is there anything I can do to rest my worries? Are my worries justified today after so many years? Kindly help.
I am a 36 year old male serving as capt in merchant navy. I have just been diagnosed as suffering from hyperthyroid. I am weighing 97 kgs and am 5ft 10 inches tall. My problem is I want to start a family with my wife but of late I have realsied that I am not able to sustain myself at all. I do masturbate regularly but thats it. We hardly have sex and when we have this the problem. I think I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Please advise me and help me to get rid of this problem and how can I start a family.
I usually get pimples in winters. red enough. even if they go they leave scars which are really horrible. how to get rid of scars?
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.