Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shiri RamYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant n third month is about to start. I was not aware about to take folic active but now I have started taking it. Is any danger is there as I have not taken it till 2 nd month?
I am 4 days ahead of my periods. Last month the date was 27 th today is 31st. I did urine test it came out positive. Kindly prescribe the medicine because I am already blessed with two kids.
I am 44 years old female. I am fully healthy. But have family history of b. P, diabetes thyroid etcc. Kindly suggest me how shall I protect myself from not being diseased in future. I do not do any exercise but I am very conscious of what I eat . Whatever option of exercise I take, I feel too tired and can't pursue the household chores. Other wise I am active the whole day. So kindly suggest me the steps to be healthy in future.
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
I am 24 yr, i have a 2yr child since after delivery, i am suffering from back pain. if i again get pregnant it will affect my pregnancy and my health plz give me a suggestion
My periods pain starts 20 days before with pain in breast. And every month my date extend 7 to 10 days.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.
I am suffering from pcos since last 8 years and I am 25. I have developed acne all over my body since past few years and develop pimples very easily. Please suggest me the remedy to cure. I am not on any medicine as of now for pcos since its not affecting me. I have tried endocrinologist, homeopathic as well as ayurvedic doctor earlier bt no improvement in problem of pcos. My present weight is 115 kgs.
While having sex if we cum inside from back is there any chance of getting pregnant? And taking I pill every month is OK to avoid pregnancy?
Ashwini 24 years unmarried I'm suffering from pcod since 8 years tried many treatments but no use I request you to suggest me a good treatment for my health issue Thankyou.
My Periods got delayed by 14 days. I had protected sex and also I took ipill after that. It was on 30th of Nov. I got periods on 3rd of December but periods in January has got delayed by 14 days. I didn't get physically active after that. I took pregnancy test twice back to back on 2 days and they were negative. Please help.
Sir, mene meri gf k sath ek month pehle sex kiya tha or condom ka use nhi kiya tha, but mene sperms ko uski vegina m nhi Jane diya tha so kya vo ab pregnant ho skti h or kya m use pill due?
I am facing a problem with the periods. Last month, November, I faced it twice within 5 days of gap. 1st one finished on 5th November and then started again on 10th November. (last month I donated blood too). This month, after few days my periods got over, it started again, but the amount of blood is very less. Last month I used "Unwanted 72" after unprotected sex. But this time I didn't. Please help me with this.
My sister has lost her baby when in womb at 6th month end because of PROM (leakage of fluid) doctors did scissoring to remove the dead baby and the baby's hand has came out from womb before scissoring. And the doctors said womb was very weak, the same problem may come for next pregnancy so please avoid having pregnancy and that same doctors suggested to go for Copper-T. But my sister has pregnancy for the first time 5 years after the marriage. We want baby for next pregnancy. Please suggest what to do and how many years have to wait for pregnancy? My sister's age is 28 her husband's age is 34 Please help me.
Hi, recently got married two months ago. And trying to conceive and having unprotected sex for last two months and not pregnant yet. Pls let me know how to conceive fast.
I am pregnant. My nauseous tendency has increased from 13weeks and now I am in 15weeks and it has increased. Is is due to the reason the baby is moving?
Menopause marks the time in a woman's life when her menstruation stops, and she is no longer fertile (able to become pregnant).
- The menopause is a normal part of life; it is not a disease or a condition.
- Even though it is the time of the woman's last period, symptoms may begin many years earlier. Also, some women may experience symptoms for months or years afterward.
- In the united states, the average age for the menopause is 51.
- Perimenopause is the 3-5-year period before the menopause when a woman's estrogen levels begin to drop.