Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiri Ram
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shiri RamYour feedback matters!
Hi when my husband did a sex at a time i am bleeding before that i am not bleeding. After that my bleeding is continuesly 3days then it stopped after that I dont get periods is there any chance to get pragnancy
I'm 30 week pregnant this is my second pregnancy and I have pain in my back and near urine place and I'm not able to sleep properly what shall I do for this pain my doctors says it is due to lack of calcium.
L carnitine l tartrate coenzyme q10 zinc oxide lycopene tablets. I have been prescribed this med for PCOD after span. How should I take it. My doctor advised me to take it before lunch. But due to clg it is not possible. Do I have any other options.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.
I am now married for 1 year 6 months. And we're thinking of having a baby now. My friends are suggesting me to take folic acid tablet from now. But folic acid makes me feel bloated. Is this normal? Should I discontinue? What are the other things I need to be aware of other than folic acid. Please help.
Hello Doctor I have a ques. I do not wanna any baby now. I think she got pregnant because her period not come on time. Her last period came on 2nd feb and finished on 6th feb and be both sex with each other on 7th feb. After that her period not comes till now. I gave her a kit to remove pregnancy but it not work. What can I do I can't understand. please suggest me with your best advice and treatment. Is any treatment is available with any contraceptives. please suggest me.
Infertility or trouble conceiving is getting more common among couples. Sometimes we might hear advice from friends and family or get emails on the best ways to overcome this problem. Most often this information is unhelpful and wrong. Listed below are some of the myths about infertility:
- You need to be relaxed: Chronic stress can cause infertility but the condition itself is medical. Whereas a relaxing vacation can help if infertility is being caused by stress it might be useful to first get a thorough check-up to rule out any medical conditions.
- Infertility is a woman’ problem: Infertility affects both men and women and is not just a woman’s issue. In woman conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis, family history and pelvic issues can have an impact on fertility. Whereas in men conditions such as surgery or infections can cause infertility. Infertility in a couple can be caused by either the male or female factors or a combination of both. In some cases, the cause of infertility can remain unexplained
- Age: It is a well-known and proven fact that a woman’s fertility decreases between the ages of 32 to 37 years, there is a decrease in the quality and quantity of eggs produced. However, the rates of male infertility also increase with age. A decrease in semen volume and motility can be experienced by men over the age of 40 years
- Health does not impact fertility: A healthy diet and a weight as close to your ideal weight play an important role in helping you conceive. Being overweight will not only reduce your chances of conceiving but can also pose several health risks for the mother and child such as gestational diabetes and a risk of heart disease. Overweight expectant mothers also have a greater risk of miscarriage.
- Infertility is not a cause for concern if you already have a child: As mentioned above, age is an important factor to consider when dealing with infertility. In addition to age, certain other changes such as weight gain and internal complications caused by the earlier pregnancy can have an impact on getting pregnant a second time.
- Birth control increases the risk of infertility: The use of birth control methods such as pills are necessary if a woman does not wish to get pregnant. But when you stop birth control options the menstrual cycle will regulate and you should not have too much trouble conceiving.
- Breastfeeding will prevent you from getting pregnant: This is not true for all women. According to experts, you need to check if the following are also present: a) complete lack of a period after delivery, b) the baby is only being breastfed and not on any other liquids or solid food c) the baby is less than 6 months
- It’s easy to get pregnant: For couples that are 35 years and below, the chances of getting pregnant is about 20% each month. The conditions necessary for a woman to get pregnant would also have to be right. The sperm would need to reach and fertilize the egg at the peak of ovulation when the endometrial lining is the thickest. Therefore timing and conditions are crucial.
- Certain foods and sex positions will help you get pregnant: This is just not true. It can also not help in determining the sex of the child.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 22 yrs old female. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
How to inspire manners in your children?
1. When entering the house greet your children or even hug them. This should help develop their sense of love and self worth.
2. Be good to your neighbours and never backbite. Never speak ill of other drivers when on the road. Your children would listen, absorb and emulate.
3. When calling your parents, encourage your children to speak to them. When visiting your parents take your children with you. The more they see you take care of your parents the more they will learn to take care of you.
4. When driving them to school, don't always play albums or cds in the car. Rather, tell them some motivational stories yourself. This will have a greater impact - trust me!
5. Read to them a short story and even a scripture a day – it doesn't take much time, but very impactful in creating strong bonds and wonderful memories.
6. Comb your hair, clean your teeth and wear presentable cloths even if sitting at home and not going out for the day. They need to learn that being clean and tidy has nothing to do with going out!
7. Try not to blame or comment on every word or action they say or do. Learn to overlook and let go sometimes. This certainly builds their self-confidence.
8. Ask your children's permission before entering their rooms. Don't just knock and enter, but then wait for a verbal permission. They will learn to do the same when wanting to enter your room.
9. Apologize to your children if you made a mistake. Apologizing teaches them to be humble and polite.
10. Don't be sarcastic or make fun of their views or feelings, even if you" didn't mean it" and was" only joking. It really hurts.
11. Show respect to your children's privacy. Its important for their sense of value and self-esteem.
12. Don't expect that they will listen or understand the first time. Don't take it personal. But be patient and consistent.
13. Pray with them. Show them how to pray. Lead by example.
14. In addition, ask them to discuss their daily plans after the morning prayers. Children without concrete daily plans usually join others in executing theirs. They fall easy to peer pressure.
15. Hold them and bless them specially every morning.
Could you ever imagine your life without herbs and spices? They, not only spice up your cuisine but your health as well. Starting right from providing the essential tinge to the various foods you cook to enhancing one's appearance, the contribution of herbs and spices is immense in an Indian household. They even help preserve cooked food for longer periods of time. Herbs and Spices have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Most of the herbs and spices are high in B-vitamins and trace minerals. For instance, true sea salt contains 93 trace minerals. Endowed with medicinal properties, they also remedy various afflictions, devoid of any side-effects.
All spices originate from plants: fruits, seeds, flowers, barks, roots and leaves.
Here is a list of spices and herbs which play a pivotal role in maintaining your health:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon, a widely used spice, constitutes a compound called ‘cinnamaldehyde’. This composition stimulates natural production of insulin and works therapeutically on your blood sugar and cholesterol count. Besides, being a potent antioxidant, it helps alleviate inflammation too.
- Sage: Sage, a derivative of the Latin word ‘Salvere’, which means “to save”, this herb does miracles in strengthening your memory and brain power, especially for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- Peppermint: With a long list of benefits in aromatherapy (use of natural oils for improving health) and folk medicine, a massage with peppermint oil helps to soothe muscle cramps caused by irritable movement of bowels and lowers abdominal bloating resulting from troubled digestion. Furthermore, peppermint reduces nausea that is so commonly experienced after a C-section surgery.
- Turmeric: The spice rendering a yellow tint to your curry contains an ingredient called ‘curcumin’. Curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory agent, is used to treat numerous chronic diseases such as arthritis or cancer.
- Holy Basil: Considered a sacred herb in India, Holy Basil improves the functioning of the immune system. Additionally, it cures anxiety and depression and normalizes the blood sugar levels.
- Ginger: Ginger mixed with cinnamon and sesame oil relieves stiffness and pain in the body caused by osteoarthritis (a degenerative joint disease). Its effects are similar to those of aspirin; in the way that it heals inflammation and remedies nausea.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek regulates the functioning of the insulin hormone and helps normalize blood sugar levels if consumed daily. It is said to boost libido as well, although studies are yet to validate this fact.
- Garlic: If you fall sick quite often, garlic might just be the right ingredient to incorporate into your diet, owing to its properties that help combat the common cold. It is effective in lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!