Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa JainYour feedback matters!
My brothers age is 21 he is coughing blood thrice a day, Doctors did X-ray and normal blood checkup and says its normal, but they are unable to say the cause of that, ENT specialist also says to take antibiotics but no relief. Could you suggest anything. He never smokes.
I am 26 years old male. I have dry cough problem for last 4-5 months, cough is not coming continuously but it is very irritating. I gone through blood test and chest x-ray also, all report are perfectly normal. What should I do?
I m always have a cough and cold problem in all season. So what I do to avoid it. To make me healthy.
I am suffering from sinus problem and I came to know about it last week before dis I had asthma and even dust allergy. I still hav dust allergy should I still use my inhaler. Because I hav problem at night breathing.
Mujhe kabhi kabhi saans lene me problem hoti hai aur seene me dard bhi uthta hai khaashi bhi aati hai please help me sir.
I am 21 year old girl and I have severe cough from the past 4 days. Please give me some suggestion to get rid from cough.
I am 39 years old female I am asthma patient problem I am using nebulizer in twice a day is it good for me? And please tell me the good and bad effect of its.
I am suffering from bronchitis from last 4 day please suggest me what medicine I adopt right now I am taking allegro 120 and zifi 200. please suggest me cough syrup.
Had started smoke about 2 years and now I am feeling incomplete without cigarette daily but want to leave it. And worried about my lungs. Will I get disease related to lungs and heart. If left then what time it will take to recover my body.
Hello Dr. Muje 1,2 month se cough ki problem chl rhi h. Jb b spit krti hu Tbi cough b niklta h hr waqt cough. Koi serious problem to nhi h na. Apke according kya problem ho skti h. Checkup m baad me krwa lungi. Suggest me Dr.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.