Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
Is it safe to take flexon tab, neurobion forte tab and pantodac tab while breastfeeding? Please suggest.
Acne could be a real headache for normal skin. It not only ruins your face, but is also tough to get rid of. The condition is characterized usually by red pimples or blackheads and occurs due to infected or inflamed sebaceous glands. If you are skeptical about using chemical products, here is list of acne related treatments with alternative medicines:
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has multiple qualities. It can dry up the excess oil present in the face thereby ensuring that the bacteria cannot feed upon it. Its alkaline property helps the skin's ph to come down to an accepted level. Last, but not the least, apple cider vinegar directly attacks the acne causing bacteria and eradicates them from within. This pack is easy to prepare and can be applied multiple times a day.
- Honey and cinnamon combo: Cinnamon possesses antimicrobial properties and attacks acne right from the word go. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural cleanser which helps to drive out the acne from your face. The pack is prepared by mixing 2 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of cinnamon. Before applying it on the face, it has to be ensured that the face is rinsed well with water. Owing to the pack's sticky nature, it should not be left on the face for more than 15 minutes.
- Milk and honey paste: There is a wide misconception about milk causing acne. Unless injected inside the skin, milk actually improves the skin tone and limits acne outbreak. It also helps in reducing skin irritation and redness. Honey has antibacterial properties and fights acne. The pack is prepared by adding 1 spoon of honey and 1 spoon of milk and applied on the face for no more than 10 - 15 minutes. The mask can be washed off with warm water and by lightly rubbing the skin in circular motion.
- White portion of the egg: The white portion of the egg has unaccountable benefits. Being rich in protein, it helps to fight acne and reduces blemishes of the skin. The vitamin present in the white portion combat acne and soak up excess oil present in the skin. This pack should be applied for 15 minutes followed by a thorough face wash with lukewarm water.
- Mashed papaya: papaya ingredients are found in almost all beauty products these days. Raw papaya is a great remedy for acne problems though. Papaya also helps to remove excess fat from the skin and eradicates dead skin. It contains an enzyme called papain, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It also restricts pus formation in the skin. Papaya can be mashed evenly and applied on the face for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with plain water. This pack can be tried three or four times a week to see visible changes in the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I want know perfect time of pregnancy. How to get pregnancy easy. For marriage person one day how many times sex need.
I have hypothyroidism and pcos, my weight has increased from 72 KGS to 87 KGS in 3 yrs. I also have a desk job with very little movement. Please help.
I am 23 years female. I have not much interested on sex .I like romance but I hear something about sex means its disgusting me. I didn't like sex. Really I don't I know whether my husband live with me or not in future. I don't know I have a problem or not. But I eat badam pista well. I am loving one guy. But I am not interested in sex. Romance ok but sex oh my god. Why all r interest on that.
Hi, I missed period for 2nd day. My period is regular at all time. I feel symptoms like frequent urination, Nipple darkness, some times body pain like back ache, head ache. My last LMP is 28th August. I stop intercourse 2 days before to the forecast period date. Is it okay to have intercourse even after missed period. I'm in an isolate state whether to confirm pregnancy possibility. Can you suggest after how many days I need to check for pregnancy possibility. Will the UPT test or Bhcg test can be performed right away. Also incase of no intercourse can oral sex is better.
Hi, 25 years old, recently married. Periods are late for a week and a half. Wss supposed to get on 15th. I get regular Periods. Also have cramps, back pain ,nausea. Did pregnancy home test but results are negative .Confused whether pregnant or not.
Why do women develop heavy periods as they approach, 45,*, If it is due to approaching menopause What treatment should be taken.
After consulting hospitals doctor, they told me to have contraceptive pill within 48 hours of incident (physically assault). I took i-pill after 6-7 hours of the incident! So am I safe from pregnancy? Please reply.
Hello. Meri shaddi ko 7 months ho gaye h or meine conceive nahi kiya hai isliye mein doctor k pass gayi to doctor ne mujhe kuch test karwane ki kaha 1. Homoglobin test 2. Typhid test 3. Mx test. Jo ki normal h. Then doctor ne ek machine vagina mein dal kar examine kiya. Wo bhi normal hai. Bas unhone water jyada drink karne ko kahan h. Or ab unhone mujhe 3 dawa lene ko kahan hai 1. Aspirin 2. Folvite 3 zincovit. Is everything oky na? or ab doctor ne next month bulaya hai or kahan h jab periods ho to periods ke 2nd day aana fir test krenge. Please help me sab thik hai na.
Hi! I am 35 years old has suffered two consecutive miscarriage. The first miscarriage resulted due to heartbeat stopped after 11 week of pregnancy. That resulted in D and C procedure. I had Torch panel test which was positive and was started on antibiotic medicine. I quickly resumed my menstrual cycle. The second miscarriage was due to no visible fetal pole till the end of first trimester. The gestational sac was found healthy with no evidence of fetal pole. That per advise of doctor pregnancy ended up in D and E procedure which was unremarkable. Since then, almost three and half month gone and I had not resumed my menstrual cycle. The sonogram findings are normal indicating NORMAL ovary and LESS THAN NORMAL endometrial thickness. I have already completed one course of Deviry 10 mg and one course of Novelon. The another course of novelon is underway. My recent hormone levels Estradiol - E2 is 40.37 pg/ml and Serum progesterone (ECLIA) is 15.9 ng/ml. Now the question is what could be the possible causes for this inordinate delay in resuming menstrual cycle as this is causing physiological and well as psychological stress to body and mind.
It is often said that Ayurveda is a science and Yoga is an implementation of that science. In treatment, both these connected branches speak for the consistent practice of breathing techniques and medication along with indulging in body purification processes, use of medicinal herbs, well regulated dieting as well as chanting of mantras for uplifting the mind and body. In Yoga, the physical purification processes are known as 'Satkriyas' whereas the same in Ayurveda is called as 'Panchakarma'.
Understanding Yoga and Ayurveda: Yoga and Ayurveda are two interrelated branches of Vedic knowledge that encircles the whole universe.
- The formation of Ayurveda: Ayurveda is one of the four secondary Vedic teachings called the Upavedas that constitute Gandharva Veda, Dhanur Veda and Sthapatya Veda as well. Each of these Ayurvedas is directed towards specific walks and aims at the Vedic quest for liberation. Ayurveda is by far the most important of all four as it addresses all the disciplines of healing as well as holistic well-being of the mind and body.
- The birth of Yoga: Ever since its formation through the Yoga, it has been widely accepted as one of the six branches of Vedic preaching. It advocates the authority of the Vedas and aims at systematizing the true meaning of the Vedic preaching.
In this classical Vedic system, Ayurveda is specifically developed for healing purposes and there is no other branch of the Vedic system that can offer such comprehensive healing benefits.
Integral relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda: The term Yoga means combining, harmonizing and above all uniting. Thus a Yogic approach is an inherently integrative approach that harmonizes the body, mind and senses, and is not involved in implementation of sideline techniques but incorporates a synthesis of all aspects of the healing processes. This is the reason why Yoga originally has an eight-fold path directed towards bettering the quality of lives. Otherwise, it is caught in similar variants of physical reductionism that are often addressed in modern medicinal therapies.
Asana is referred to as the internal medicine of Yoga as it brings the vital energy directly into the body. It is aimed at alleviating the nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems of the human body. It is crucial to integrate Ayurveda and Yoga for bringing out the total spiritual and healing potential of the human body as well as each of these vast branches of Vedic knowledge.