Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old lady married for 10years ago since I dont have any baby as I am suffering from high thyroid and m taking medicine for that thyronorm 50mg. Is it possible to get pregnant?
I am new married couple so when I got a safe sex in after my partner period time in a month pls give me a right suggestion or a lady period time then I m free of pregnancy.
My periods was on 22nd may and I did sex on 24th may means 3rd day of period. I want to know it is safe day for sex as I already read that 1st to 10th day is safe for sex. And I am pcod patient and taking ovralG from past 2 months. And because of periods I stop taking them till last day of periods.
Hey doc I have a question regarding my vaginal issue which I am facing from last couple of days which is start after my periods end something sticky coming from my vagina after some time gap constantly I did not have any type of masturbation or oral sex water colour is milky white and sticky please tell me what is the reason of it.
Hlo doctor Me pregnant hoon. Mera 8th month chal rha h or ab mujse kuch b khaya piya nhi jata. Gale m jalan hoti h.is wjha se m bhut pareshan hu m kya kru. Please suggest me any home made remidy.
Sir I am 28 years I am married but I am not feel able to perform sex with my husband because I feel that my private part does not works well as I never get wet. so, please advise what to do.?
For my sister she got married last 1 year over and still not pregnant she consult one doctor he told there is no chance. you have any treatment or solution for that ?
Hello sir or madam I want to ask uh related sex. One of my friend she did sex with his b. F now he left her. ND she is going to engaged with anther person is he come to know about his virginity? She is crying a lot tell me any solution pls which can hide her lost virginity. Wt she will do now? She just want to die she feels it's her big mistake how can I understand her tell me any solution?
After every hour, take mini-breaks from your work desk and do some stretches to loosen your shoulder and neck muscles and shift position.
Doctor pls help I got married on Nov 2015 but could not conceive till now pls help. Suggest some medicine. I hope I will conceive one day I am in great tension pls help.
I am suffering from thyroid and pcod and taking 50 mcg thyronorm now my tsh is under control that is 2. But I feel very tired all the time sum time I face pain in my back if I keep standing for long time for work. How to feel energetic and active.
I am 32 years od female, I have a hair loss problem wid my weight gain then I digaoins and found PCOS before three months back I starts medicine in homeopathy but did not found any results pls help me.
I had my periods last month on 6th and I had sex with my boyfriend on 3rd day of my periods that is on 8th he didn't put condom he is sure that he didn't cum in me but he is a bit stressed that his precum would have been in me I'm worried because it has been a month but I didn't got my periods yet and I have a pain in my lower abdomen I'm really scared what has happened is my periods late or I'm pregnant and if I'm pregnant it's 35 days from the day of sex I don't want pregnancy what can I do can pill or medical way can do please help me.
Managing the menopause with diet and fitness.
Menopause: a mile stone in a woman's life is nothing but the stage where the menstrual periods stop permanently. After menopause, a woman can no longer bear children. The targeted group is usually between 49 to 52 years of age. There is a marked decrease in the production of hormones by the ovaries. In case, uterus has been removed for any other reasons prior to menopause, the symptoms usually occur at an average age of 45 which is commonly associated with shivering, sweating, vaginal dryness, trouble in sleeping and mood swings. Woman experiences hot flashes which last for about 30 seconds.
Symptoms of menopause:
Fluctuation in hormone level, no ovulation
Shorter menses (2-7 days)
Poor memory, anxiety, irritability
Joint soreness, dry and itchy skin, stiffness
Dizziness, night sweats,
Back pain, breast pain
Weight gain and urinary urgency.
These symptoms may vary from person to person. But there is a common issue that is faced by all women at their menopause stage is that joint problems. Their bone health is diminished by decreased calcium and other minerals in their serum. As the hormone oestrogen diminishes their activity, hence lead to less bone density.
Calcium and menopause:
Women at this stage are advised to take more calcium rich foods thus avoiding the deficiency of calcium and increasing the bone health. Due to this the women may face several joint pains, fractures and severe weakness in the bones.
Diet to be followed:
Always choose calcium rich foods like milk, yogurt, cheese, sardines, broccoli, nuts and seeds to compensate the high calcium requirement.
Calcium in the food is well absorbed when there is the presence of phosphorous and vitamin d. So it is beneficial to take foods of phosphorous foods like peanuts, meat, cheese, garlic, onion and vitamin d foods like lentils, egg, fish and brown rice
Eat fiber rich foods like fruits, vegetables, grains like oats, barley and bajra.
Fruits are best partners during this stage since it possess a good amount of fiber and also rich in potassium which aid in fluid retention.
Fruits like banana, mango, egg, milk, sesame and soy beans help in the production of serotonin that assists in sleep trouble and mood swings.
Eat more fruits and vegetables along with green leafy vegetables than the amount of rice that help to prevent from weight gain.
Keep yourself hydrated by having more water and fruit juices if you are non diabetic.
Always have six meal patterns and choose complex carbohydrate foods since it possess a good amount of fiber.
Avoid sugars, processed foods and junk foods, spicy foods and hot drinks.
Limit the stimulants like coffees, tea, alcohol, salt and saturated fats which are the barriers to calcium absorption.
Always be positive and have only positive people around you. Don't stress yourself. Stay connected with the people.
Prefer practicing yoga for relieving the mental stress and to control your emotions.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Here are 7 things to adopt for your bed time-
1) Plan for next day: Preparing in advance always gives you more time and leaves you stress free. Things like looking for keys, deciding what to wear etc make you late and add to your morning stress. Prepare also for breakfast or what to cook the next day. Planning at night doesnt take much time and makes your next day start on a good note.
2) Shut out the buzz: Most of us say goodnight to family and head to bed only to spend the next hour checking Facebook and social media. Or you end up watching a funny video or movie late into the night. If you keep yourself distracted, you can't go off to sleep early or get quality sleep. The light from your gadget's screen can be harmful and stress inducing. It is best to give yourself an hour away from your mobile phone or other gadgets before you sleep.
3) Write a 'Thank-You' Diary: There are many ways to become a more positive person and the best is to have appreciation. Try finding out that 1 thing (more is better) that you are thankful for. Do it everyday. This practice right ahead of your sleep time calms you down, makes you feel happy, satisfied and goes on a long way in contributing to a heathy lifestyle.
4) Stretch it out: Like most people do you also have a job where you keep sitting for long hours? Stretching really works, it helps lengthen tendons and muscles and can reduce the frequency and severity of cramps ensuring you get a better night's sleep.
5) Try meditating: Our work life has become ever so demanding, we are constantly bombarded with information via the television, social media, the internet, friends and work which results in stress and anxiety! Few minutes of meditation before bed, slows down your brain activity which results in a deeper and more peaceful sleep. You will wake up feeling well-rested, energized and ready to take on the day!
6) Book by your side: Reading before bed is has amazing benefits. Firstly, it calms the nerves by eliminating excess sound and vision stimulus (exactly the opposite of what you get from watching television!). It helps you to wind down and sleep better, it also improves brain function, your memory and the thinking process overall.
7) Sleep is crucial: Foremost is to simply make sleep a priority. It is not as simple as it sounds. Sleep deficiency directly relates to increased stress, weight gain and productivity loss. Going to bed late and managing with 5 or 6 hours sleep sets a bad tone for your day.
Your happiness and general wellbeing is controlled by how relaxing you make your bed time.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.