Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
I am a 17 year old girl. My boyfriend and I wanted to have sex, but it hurt a little so he didn't go all the way through. He didn't ejaculate inside me. However a few days after the date of my next period, I had a lighter period. I mean, spotting kind of thing. I have missed my next period, and hence am worried. I read about implantation bleeding and stuff so I am worried, though I have not seen many signs of pregnancy except for a little weight gain, which I have been assuming is because I haven't exercised in the last one month and have been eating a lot. I would like to know if I have chances of being pregnant, or what should I do? I can't buy a pregnancy test because I travel with my mother all the time and I don't want her to know.
Main three months pregnent hu. Pls mujhe bataye ki kaun kaun si stages mein kya kya hota hai .kya kya krna chahiye.
I am 35 years old. I am suffer from white discharge long time. Now I hv many problems like joint pain, back pain, hair fall, low immunity, stress and so on. So. SIR, please give me some advice.
I have 9 month old baby boy. I want to remove the habit of breastfeeding within 1 week. What I do for this?
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. My stomach however got reduced in size but looks saggy after delivery. What I need to do to reduce and tighten my stomach as before. My sister is very lean. Is there any weight gaining supplements which is safe to use without any side effects. Please suggest.
I am suffering with Pcod for past one year. I was 44 kg. And now I am 68 kg. Rapid weight gain has been a major problem for me. And I also found a black ring around my neck? What are the foods to avoid to cure this disease? Which one is the best allopathy/ homeopathy/ayurveda! What shall I do for my problem and the diet to follow?
My wife had ectopic for first pregnancy. How to avoid second ectopic and what are the root causes for ectopic.
After my monthly period from 5th day my feet having too much pain can you tell me why I am facing this problem.
My last menses was on 1 march 17 n up to now it did not come. Im getting large acne on my face n body heat also raising. I had diagnosis with pcod 5 yes ago. N I'm taking homeopathy treatment still this is happening. please suggest me any good remedy which will solve my problem in short time span.
I have painless lump on left hand side shoulder for the past 20 days. There is no other effects in my body. Whom am I suppose to consult?
I am suffering from thyroid and I found some excess hair growth on stomach ,chest and slight growth on chin and evn abnormal periods and regularly some thick white discharge .can I suspect that am having pcod?
My daughter of age 12 has attained puberty before 1 year. She gets irregular periods. She gets periods twice in a month. Please suggest any treatment ?
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
1. Preeclampsia is a condition wherein, the blood pressure peeks high after 20 weeks of conception accompanied by traces of protein in urine and functional disorders in a few organs.
2. Hypertension might often result in the delivery of an underdeveloped (abnormally small size) baby.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately.
My doctor suggested me to microsurgical litigation surgery some thing like that, as there was varicocele scanned in ultrasound both side, I have good number of sperm count 41 million per ml My skin is loose from scrotum Other no problem is seen no pain and no other problem. Dr. said that blood is not flowing toward the heart. Either do IUI IVF or go for surgery. I am 30 year old.
Main pregnant hona chahti hu lekin pregnancy ho nahi pa rahi he thoda thyroid aaya he check up me aur swelling aayi he please mujhe bataye me kese pregnant ho sakti hu.
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
I m 36 yrs old married lady wanting to plan for a baby early next year. Some one suggested to go for rubella vaccination before getting pregnant. Wanted to know about it.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.