Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa BhattYour feedback matters!
I have back pain and I consulted so many doctors and it does not working for me so would you suggest me what should I done.
My 45 year old mom has diabetes from 8 years. She is taking insulin. From 3 years she is having severe knee pain. And all types of treatment has done and none worked. Doctors said cartilage (gel like thing) has dried up completely in her knees. Please suggest foods to build cartilage and any supplement and perfect treatment?
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2-3 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
I have body pains for over 3 days, please suggesting removed pains I am daily exercises morning and evening.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Hi excessive day-time sleepiness and foot swelling. Pmh: obesity, type-2 diabetes, tia, high bp, gum bleeding, knee pain i' ve had swollen feet for 1. 5 years now, and have been experiencing excessive day-time sleepiness for more than a year. I' ve consulted doctors, but they' ve not been able to cure my condition. Current medications: 1. Ecosprin (150 mg) - od 2. Olmesar (20 mg) - od 3. Glimepiride (1 mg) - bd 4. Eptoin (100 mg) - tds 5. Modalert (100 mg) - od
I have a back pain from last 6-7 years when I visited an ortho its was a normal thing he gave me some pain killers to eat. Then it stated again. What should I do.
My right leg pains a lot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
I have back pain and leg pain help me to remove this pain please lets send me this message to inform you.
A day after a good workout session at gym, I am hearing a popping sound in my shoulder and bone/ muscle overlapping or moving one over other, though I feel a little pain when I move my hand up and down. Just curious to know is it any sign of injury or this happens? For this I got many replies and remedies like icing, low frequency exercise ,rest, it's been almost two weeks, still same condition.
I had a fall while walking. Fell down on my back. Hurt my back head complete blackout. MRI done, no haemorage. I am diabetic and under medication.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
I am 28 yes old working in it comp usually after work I feel pain in my shoulder which intensify gradually I took pain Keeler's but it has no permanent relief.
I am suffering from excess of uric acid in my body. So there will be always pain in some of the joints. So please suggest me better solution and also what could be the balanced diet?
I have minor muscle pain of right hand from last 15 day. Pain started while playing kabbadi. What should I do?
A fracture separates a single solid object into two or more pieces due to pressure. In medical terms, a fracture refers to a broken bone due to some kind of external trauma. A crack in the bone, on the other hand, it does not cause a clean break in the bone, there is only a separation or discontinuity in the bone material.
A crack in the bone caused due to repeated stress is often called as 'hairline fracture'. Here are the basic differences between a crack and a fracture in the bone and how to treat them:
- A crack or hairline fracture is rarely caused by a single injury. It is usually the result of bone fatigue, which may be caused due to repeated, concentrated stress over a long period of time and thus, it is also called as 'stress fracture'. Other bone fractures are almost always the result of sudden and severe force on the bones.
- The skeletal system constantly remodels itself. The cells, known as 'osteoblasts' absorb calcium and secrete bone connective tissue. If a particular site is exposed to recurrent bouts of force (which are individually not impactful enough to cause a crack), over time the osteoblasts in that region malfunction and the crack appears. Muscular exhaustion can also cause cracks in the bone. Fractures are caused due to sudden external single force trauma to the bone. Nutritional problems like deficiencies of Calcium, Phosphorus, vitamin D and excessive smoking decrease the bone mineral density and increase the chance of both cracks and fractures.
- Symptoms of a crack are swelling, tenderness and sharp pain in the injured region and the symptoms worsen over time. A fracture has similar symptoms and might also exhibit an external physical distortion and makes it impossible to move that part of the body that where the bone is broken.
- An MRI is often suggested for detecting the crack or crack-prone areas because an X-ray can only detect the crack after it widens somewhat or the bone starts paining because the rays cannot pass through the tiny gap in bone material. A fracture is easily detectable by an X-ray because the rays pass right through the break.
- Complete rest for six to eight weeks is the most effective way of healing a crack. Using a walking boot in case of cracks in the leg bones in also helpful. Healing fractures require extensive medical intervention. Surgical techniques like bone grafting and the insertion of metal plates are used to reposition the broken bone.